Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Nov 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I hate fireworks!

They started at 6pm and my dog has barked for two hours, this is third night but has been the worst. She has a snood on, music blaring but she gets hysterical and won’t stop barking. It’s going to carry on till the 1st Jan, I’m at the end of my tether. She’s had a thunder shirt in the past and we made her a den but nothing works. Why are they so loud
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Sandra so sorry to hear about your dog.

I wonder if dogs are affected more than cats.

Had a friend with a dog who was totally freaked with fireworks.

We have 2 cats but we’ve always shut them in before it’s dark, locking the cat flap, shutting blinds, putting lamps on, and even though they don’t like them they cope.

It’s awful when pets are terrified of things.

Sadly this time of year fireworks go on for a few weeks.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
tonight is Diwali

l remember a few years ago when l stayed at Heathrow on Diwali the fireworks were relentless and lasted until well after midnight so you may be n for a long night
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Today is our wedding anniversary and we had booked a meal , until we realised that the boat club behind us has brought forward their firework display as it clashes with the rugby clubs tomorrow night. Our cat is fine with the smaller garden firework bangs but goes crazy at the big commercial bomb like bangs and whizzes.
we cancelled our meal and we are sat here with her in between us and a blanket from the back of the sofa forming a tent to the seats. This is the only way she fees safe.
we have the TV on loud but it still sounds like a war zone. she is shaking and her eyes are wide with fear. I am not against fireworks and people having fun but why do they need to be so flaming loud.
My late neighbour always booked a few nights away at this time as he suffered with PTSD and the loud bangs really upset him, there must be thousands of others like him and our poor pets suffering tonight and over the long weekend
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

It’s not just pets. I always think of the birds - they must be terrified. I also hate fireworks but to be fair on those who love them I think there should only be organised events.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m so sorry Sandra, it must be really stressful. We use these for Milo and we just wipe it over his nose/muzzle area, there is also a plug in from the same company. It definitely does help calm him when he gets stressed.

amazon/Pet-Remedy-.../dp/B06Y1MS8CY
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
Today is our wedding anniversary and we had booked a meal , until we realised that the boat club behind us has brought forward their firework display as it clashes with the rugby clubs tomorrow night. Our cat is fine with the smaller garden firework bangs but goes crazy at the big commercial bomb like bangs and whizzes.
we cancelled our meal and we are sat here with her in between us and a blanket from the back of the sofa forming a tent to the seats. This is the only way she fees safe.
we have the TV on loud but it still sounds like a war zone. she is shaking and her eyes are wide with fear. I am not against fireworks and people having fun but why do they need to be so flaming loud.
My late neighbour always booked a few nights away at this time as he suffered with PTSD and the loud bangs really upset him, there must be thousands of others like him and our poor pets suffering tonight and over the long weekend
So sorry you had to cancel you plans, my dog is actually ok with the quiet ones. The ones with the loud explosions make her freak out, she barks so much I feel she’s going to have a heart attack. I kept her in my room with music blaring and she squatted on my bed and peed all over it! 😞Last time she did that she was a puppy, sheets are in the machine but I had to hand wash the quilt so we have a thin quilt on the bed tonight. What a nightmare, I think we have to move out of this area into the countryside it’s too much.
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Try the bathroom Sandra where it will be earthed for your fur baby, Fireworks only as a staged event imo.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by force ten View Post
tonight is Diwali

l remember a few years ago when l stayed at Heathrow on Diwali the fireworks were relentless and lasted until well after midnight so you may be n for a long night
We live not far from Heathrow, this area is the worst. We sometimes have loud bangs 3am in the morning and poppy barks but seems to settle. Today it was a bad night
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
Try the bathroom Sandra where it will be earthed for your fur baby, Fireworks only as a staged event imo.
I will have to try this, my pee quilt is washed and hanging over the bath!