Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Oct 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ashchall95
Helping Mickey

ashchall95's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Assestation Form

Hiya everyone,

We fly on The 8th Nov from Manchester with BA.

I have seen we need to do an Assestation form, but can someone explain in more simple terms, what its for, what information is it asking and can we just fill it in when we arrive at the airport?

Thanks in advance
Old 28 Oct 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

It's likely to change in the coming days when there's more clarity, so I'd hold off asking your question just yet, but it's basically a really straight forward form that you just tick relevant sections to confirm you meet their entry criteria. Every one in the party has to complete one (rather than one form for the family) and adults can complete these for children under 18.

I can't comment on BA, but Virgin can be done electronically within 72 hours of departure on their website.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ashchall95 View Post
Hiya everyone,

We fly on The 8th Nov from Manchester with BA.

I have seen we need to do an Assestation form, but can someone explain in more simple terms, what its for, what information is it asking and can we just fill it in when we arrive at the airport?

Thanks in advance
Thera are 2 threads running about the Attestation form if you want to have a look at them. You can also fill in the attestation form on the Verify app if flying with AA or BA to some US airports but at present MCO isn't loads but MIA is.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...7#post15149677

https://DIBB.in/15190173
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
When we flew into Miami a few weeks ago from Jamaica with American Airlines, i filled out our Attestations on line via the Verifly App, they were really easy to do just name, tick the option that applied ( 4 options available) , signature and date.

It would be great if Virgin started to use the Verifly App but at the moment it just looks like American Airlines and BA.

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I know there is the form to fill in to enter the states , is there anything to fill out to get back to the UK?
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
I know there is the form to fill in to enter the states , is there anything to fill out to get back to the UK?
Yes, you have to fill in passenger location form on government website. You also have to put in day 2 test reference numbers so government know you have bought them . 1 per adult but kids can be added to adults form I believe
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Yes, you have to fill in passenger location form on government website. You also have to put in day 2 test reference numbers so government know you have bought them . 1 per adult but kids can be added to adults form I believe
Thanks so much
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Department of Homeland security released a fact sheet 6 hours ago with the following for vaccinated travellers:

From 8th November

1. Provide COVID 19 vaccination status

2. *Verbally* attest to their reason for travel during Covid 19 and vaccination status during a border inspection.

The FAQ section still shows as more details to come prior to 8th November

In regards to children it simply says

Children Under 18 years of age will be excepted from the vaccination requirement from 8th November

Unfortunately not much else has changed but, please do correct me if I'm wrong, it appears to now be a 'verbal' attestation as opposed to written forms?

dhs.gov/news/2021/10/29/...land-and-ferry

dhs.gov/news/2021/10/29/...erry-terminals

dhs.gov/news/2021/10/29/...ntry-and-ferry
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ghostmark2005 View Post
Department of Homeland security released a fact sheet 6 hours ago with the following for vaccinated travellers:

From 8th November

1. Provide COVID 19 vaccination status

2. *Verbally* attest to their reason for travel during Covid 19 and vaccination status during a border inspection.

The FAQ section still shows as more details to come prior to 8th November

In regards to children it simply says

Children Under 18 years of age will be excepted from the vaccination requirement from 8th November

Unfortunately not much else has changed but, please do correct me if I'm wrong, it appears to now be a 'verbal' attestation as opposed to written forms?

dhs.gov/news/2021/10/29/...land-and-ferry

dhs.gov/news/2021/10/29/...erry-terminals

dhs.gov/news/2021/10/29/...ntry-and-ferry
I’m hoping Cindy Friedman jumped the gun and is wrong about testing for kids 😂. I thought it was getting updated this week but still nothing!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I’m hoping Cindy Friedman jumped the gun and is wrong about testing for kids 😂. I thought it was getting updated this week but still nothing!
There's some suggestion this is as well as the attestation form, because they're both different agencies lol! Ah well, I got hopeful
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List