Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 3 Nov 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anji View Post
So excited to read this! Hope to pick up lots of tips for our September trip Great travel day! Hotel looks beautiful. Hopefully we'll get a newer plane but, like you say, just will be happy to finally go on 3rd attempt.
Thank you Anji, have you now rebooked the trip for next year? If you need to pick my brains then please just ask!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Been looking out for this. Good travel day and your hotel looks beautiful. Cant wait to read along with you and enjoy Canada.
Thank you Jo! The hotel was such a good find, it was gorgeous and in the perfect location in Vancouver

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
We did a Canada trip with our best friends in 2008 and loved it. If funds allowed I would return in a heartbeat. We did Calgary, Banff, Jasper and Vancouver over 3 weeks. We also travelled in September/October.
That trip is definitely on the bucket list to go from Calgary to Vancouver! I can imagine a lot of memories were made

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 3 Nov 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh wow Alicia, I'm so glad to see travel day posted. I can't wait to read the rest of your trip.

It seems like a fairly smooth travel day, all things considered. You managed to pick up a few bits in duty free. A couple of movies and a good meal on the plane, even if Jim threw half his dessert in your lovely bag. Oh dear! The hotel does look lovely and you made it out to dinner after being up so long. I'm sure you were shattered, I'd have been tempted to just go straight to bed and hunger be damned.
Thank you Abby!
You know me, I love a bit of shopping and it does start in the airport
I can't believe we made it out for dinner either, we were nearly half asleep in our chicken wings though

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 3 Nov 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Great start looking forward to reading more
Thank you for reading along, next day will be out soon!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 3 Nov 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Amazing day! Can’t wait to hear all about it. Your hotel view looks amazing! Xx
Thanks Michelle! I think the view from our room was the best part about the hotel. That and the very central location, I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 3 Nov 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
So excited to see this Alicia! I wish I was like Jim, no sleeping for me I’m afraid, might have to try your trick with the paracetamol. So sorry to hear about your Dooney, you might need to pop a new one on your wish list for next years trip!

Toblerones are just a must for us too, I think I might need some of that fancy anti-aging moisturiser in my life.

You did well to drive after such a long day, especially in those weather conditions. The hotel looks lovely and I’m impressed to see you were able to stay up for wings and fries.

So nice to see travel days again. Xx
Thanks Michelle! Oh you definitely should try them, they work every time for me. They're called Acetomophin PM in the US and can be bought from any chemist or supermarket.

I have to say the Genefique is really lovely, I don't look 25 yet but my skin does feel softer

I was kicking myself for saying I'd be designated driver when I saw the rain tipping down, we made it in one piece though thank god!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 4 Nov 21, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thank you Anji, have you now rebooked the trip for next year? If you need to pick my brains then please just ask!
I have! We leave 5th September, returning 29th. I may hold you to brain picking!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Alicia, I will definitely be picking your brains. After two cancelled trips we can’t make Vancouver until the earliest the middle of next year. We have 2 west coast trips and the most important trip of all to the UK in June, but after that will hopefully be fitting Vancouver in. I eagerly await your trippie. Thanks for taking the time to let us share with you.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah, what the heck with the feet on the walls ?

Rewind ... eek , good job you hadn’t planned on driving with the petrol nonsense. All seemed to go smoothly at check in which is fab.

Shame it was a cronky old plane but glad the flight went ok. Have you found all the dessert bits in your bag now ?

Sounds like you breezed it on arrival . You must have been so tired though.. I’m in awe that you did the driving . Hotel looked fabulous and love the city view. Did you feel dizzy ?

Wow and you went out fr dinner. Omg how were not on your knees with tiredness?
Liking the pm paracetamol tip there for the flight. Makes mental note for future night flight ...

Looking forward to more.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List