Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Nov 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I just really struggle to understand the mentality of those who want to own these horrible dogs.
Regardless of whether that’s the case here or not, ( I can’t be sure the reports I’ve read are true of course) it’s certainly a desire for some people and it’s a worry.

That poor, poor boy. His family shouldn’t be having to go through this. It’s heartbreaking

The reports don’t suggest this was a puppy judging by the size so it seems odd to me that someone wanted to ‘buy’ a fully grown dog, particularly from a 19 year old. Don’t people just adopt older dogs?
It was a 15 month old according to this report .
Who would buy a dog with a description of ‘ grate ( sic ) with people but unfortunately he doesn’t like other dogs at all .
I have tried my best with him but I have other dogs and can’t put them at risk ‘

google/amp/s/w...r-22137123.amp
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
It was a 15 month old according to this report .
Who would buy a dog with a description of ‘ grate ( sic ) with people but unfortunately he doesn’t like other dogs at all .
I have tried my best with him but I have other dogs and can’t put them at risk ‘

google/amp/s/w...r-22137123.amp
I hadn’t seen that. I’m actually speechless.
I just feel so incredibly sad and angry.
Those parents have lost their child.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
We were up at Pentwyn estate a few years ago visiting SIL and they was a pure bred pit bull (I used to watch the US pit bull program hence me recognising it )wandering around unleashed and seemingly without anyone with it.
I was not comfortable at all and couldn’t wait to get in the car.
It gave me the chills just looking at it.
We were sitting on the beach in kent and a pit bull off the lead raced over and jumped on us, trampling everything. Our children must have been 4 &5 at the time. It was terrifying and came out of no where.

I do think, sadly, that certain breeds shouldn't be kept as pets and, if they are, absolutely should be on leads.

It's so very sad what happened - the family owning the dog should not have let it roam while a child was around. IMO. Frankly I'm not overly happy at any dogs roaming the house with a child in it.

Edited at 11:10 PM.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Poor little mite RIP. Its disgusting people even consider owning appalling breeds like this. Looking at the dog and in its eyes - its the eyes of the devil.
Old 12 Nov 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

My nephew was bitten by the family dog- a south African mastiff. My brother had him from a pup, was trained, exercised regularly, lovely dog and soft as anything but he still bit my nephew- on the privates actually.

We dont know what happened because my nephew has a learning disability as well as being autistic he doesnt have the communication to tell what happened.

My brother was at work, so his ex partner was looking after my nephew. The dog was taken straight away by my brother to be destroyed and his ex was arrested and fined for being in charge of a dangerous dog.

I love dogs, I've always been around dogs but I would never trust a dog 100% and not around children when they can be so unpredictable.

I dont know what the answer is because people will always find ways of getting around these things.

Its tragic what has happened and my heart goes out to the little boy who lost his life and his friends and family.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
All dogs could snap for whatever reason, pain, confusion, fear,
But these types of dogs are different, I can’t fathom out why someone would choose to have these types of dogs.

Yes a small dog can snap or bite but don’t have the power or muscle , I mean if a small dog attacked you could probably over power it , not these types though.
Poor little mite had no chance , rip beautiful boy.
Old 12 Nov 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Some friends of ours who are great people took in a dog it’s some sort of cross between a staff and pit bull thing they say it’s as soft was anything and they leave it in the room with their kids (13,7,5). If you come to the house it’s up at the window barking and growling and they say it’s ok once you are inside or if he is allowed out. As a result I will no longer let my daughter go there without me with her the whole time.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

It is tragic, so sorry for the parents and the neighbour who rushed into help, he was on the news saying he will never get over what he saw. I thought these dogs were banned in the UK. ?
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
It is tragic, so sorry for the parents and the neighbour who rushed into help, he was on the news saying he will never get over what he saw. I thought these dogs were banned in the UK. ?
Do we know what type of dog it was? I haven't seen anything on the News about it but maybe I missed it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Do we know what type of dog it was? I haven't seen anything on the News about it but maybe I missed it.
Allegedly 8. Stone pit bull, the link below shows a dog that if not the same very similar to the one that was pictured in the BBC yesterday that is no longer there.

liverpoolecho/news...auled-22122727
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List