Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Lightning Lane v genie plus

Considering going to Disney for just two days.
I thought I had my head around most of the new info but am not so sure.

Basically how do these differ ?
Old 8 Jan 22, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

From my research I believe that Genie+ can be paid for each day that you want it. It costs around $15 and you can get booked one on ride at a time I believe (into the fast lane (now called lightning lane). Each park has 2 premium rides which can’t be booked with Genie+. Those rides can only be booked by paying a charge to ride them to access their lightning lanes. The price of those rides will vary depending on how busy it is, and how popular the ride is, so it’s not always the same amount.
You can of course stand in the normal queue without using Lightning Lane or Genie+.

I’m sure others may know more info, but that’s what I understand from my research so far 😊
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks Stacy, even more complicated, bring back fast pass. Lol.
Old 8 Jan 22, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Thanks Stacy, even more complicated, bring back fast pass. Lol.
From the vlogs that I’ve watched, I think it is easier when actually using it, but yes it does sound v complicated when it’s new to us! 😊
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I think I may give Disney a Swerve seems a chore all of this.
Old 8 Jan 22, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Lightning Lane is the name of the physical queue, what used to be the FP entrance. Genie+ is the paid service which gives you access to book LL passes at most attractions that offered FP+ before.

I think some of the confusion comes about as people refer to the ILLS (Individual Lightning Lane Selection) attractions as LL. When they ALL use LL, but what pass you purchase is different. Here's a chart of what rides require which pass:

The main differences between this and FP+ is you can't book in advance, it's on the day only. And with Genie+, you can't choose a time, it's the next available slot. Think of it as a digital version of the old paper fastpasses if you ever used those. And that you can only use the Lightning Lane once per day per attraction. So no pulling extra passes after you used your pass, any re-rides have to go through standby.

Edited at 05:32 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Sophie
slightly serious Dibber

Princess_Sophie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’re here now. The genie+ and lightening lane is an incredible tool once you get used to it! We haven’t queued for anything at all in the parks!
Princess_Sophie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Princess_Sophie View Post
We’re here now. The genie+ and lightening lane is an incredible tool once you get used to it! We haven’t queued for anything at all in the parks!
When you get the time it would be great to hear your experience of it. Did you get Genie+ with your tickets or did you add on each day, I have seen it being sold as an add on with tickets for about $100
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Sophie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by debsym62 View Post
When you get the time it would be great to hear your experience of it. Did you get Genie+ with your tickets or did you add on each day, I have seen it being sold as an add on with tickets for about $100
Absolutely! Fly home Monday and will report back.. when I stop
Crying! Ha.
Princess_Sophie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Sophie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by debsym62 View Post
Also, we added on every morning.