Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 11 Jan 22, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
AP100
Getting Excited

Virgin holidays genie plus tickets

Is it worth it or has anyone booked their Disney tickets with Genie plus included for their park tickets? Is it a saving or doing it daily when needed etc. We are going for 3 weeks
Thanks
AP100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by AP100 View Post
Is it worth it or has anyone booked their Disney tickets with Genie plus included for their park tickets? Is it a saving or doing it daily when needed etc. We are going for 3 weeks
Thanks
I’m with Virgin Holidays but didn’t add Genie+ to the park tickets. I don’t plan on using it every single day, so for me it wasn’t worth it! I’ll use it if I think I need it on a particular day
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You have to use Genie+ for at least 9 days for the advance purchase to be cheaper than purchasing it when you need it. So work out how many days you would realistically use it for.

ETA: I didn't use Genie+ at all but there was only one day where I thought it would have been beneficial and that was at MK. No need for it in the other parks for me but caveat that I don't like the HS rides.

Edited at 10:21 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We didn’t add Genie+ to our tickets because (1) we won’t go to the parks every day and (2) there will likely be some park days we won’t use Genie+.

Even if we do use it every park day, we’re looking 9-10 days at most, so the saving would be minimal if there was one, so for this trip we’re happy playing by ear to see what happens.
Incarniac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
AP100
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Incarniac View Post
We didn’t add Genie+ to our tickets because (1) we won’t go to the parks every day and (2) there will likely be some park days we won’t use Genie+.

Even if we do use it every park day, we’re looking 9-10 days at most, so the saving would be minimal if there was one, so for this trip we’re happy playing by ear to see what happens.

Thank you. I am going for 3 weeks in August. Its about 300 extra for genie plus to be added. There is 3 of us. All adult priced tickets. I was thinking if the genie plus last for the entirety of my tickets which is now 21 days with the new tickets, then it's worth it?
AP100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Thank you. I am going for 3 weeks in August. Its about 300 extra for genie plus to be added. There is 3 of us. All adult priced tickets. I was thinking if the genie plus last for the entirety of my tickets which is now 21 days with the new tickets, then it's worth it?
The new tickets are 14 days use over an 18 day period, they are not 21 day tickets.
Old 12 Jan 22, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The break-even point is 9 days, so if you are confident you will be using Genie+ for more days than that then you will start saving some money in comparison to paying day-by-day there.

We are two adults and decided that for us (17 days trip, 9-10 park days) it didn’t make sense to add to the ticket at this point, even if ultimately it ends up costing us about the same.

which is now 21 days with the new tickets, then it's worth it?
From what I understand, the new tickets are for 14 days entry valid for use over 18 days from first entry (which is now stated at time of purchase, unlike before, when they were activated on first entry). That’s what our tickets are, at least, but we bought them after the change of ticket types and 21-day tickets were no longer available.
Incarniac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
AP100
Getting Excited

Thank you
Old 12 Jan 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
steveo
Proud to wear my Ears

I’m looking at Genie plus combined tickets with Disney which are 6.99 and American attractions @ 7.14 per day so if my calculations are correct work out as breaking even at around 7 days if that helps.
steveo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I’m looking at Genie plus combined tickets with Disney which are 6.99 and American attractions @ 7.14 per day so if my calculations are correct work out as breaking even at around 7 days if that helps.
£6.99 per day x 14 = £97.86 which is $134.19 at today's rate

Genie+ purchased per day costs $15.98 including tax

134.19 ÷ 15.98 = 8.39

Hence the 9 day break even number that I mentioned above.

Edited at 10:32 PM.