Old 12 Jan 22, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Our first trip with Martha. Day 5

We all woke at 8am today, lovely! We got ready & head to Magic Kingdom. It seemed very busy from the off today. We got the monorail for speed and head left towards the Tiki Room.

Martha aboslutely loved this, she was going mad, whacking her arms up and down, kicking her legs and giggling all the way through. Laura was happy to queue with Edith to ride the Magic Carpets so they did tha while we took Martha for a wonder. We saw Jack Sparrow so grabbed a pic.

Once Laura & Edith were off the carpets we all rode Pirates, queue time said 20 minutes which was pretty accurate. Martha did fall asleep in the queue but was wide awake once we got on the boat.

Pekish now, we grabbed a table near Pecos Bills, Laura had been wanting the cauliflower tacos from there but they had changed their menu, so we grabbed food from the Golden Oak Outpost. We shared some cilli fries, some chicken strips & a chicken burger.

Edith wanted to go on the Speedway again now and she wanted to take Daddy to show him how fast she was. He and Laura went on with her and Marha & head watched from the viewing platform.

Teacups next, we span them so fast Laura was queasy

We took some pics on Main st & watched a princess parade go past. Personally, I much prefered all the smaller parades throughout the day than the one big one where everyone pushes and shoves for a good view.

Having acheived a lot more than we thought we might, we head out of the park. Aaron wanted to head to a Under Armour factory store on Idrive as he'd heard the deals were better than at the outlets so we head there. Martha fell asleep on the journey so I stayed in the car with the girls while Aaron and Laura had a look around.

We drove back to the hotel taking Idrive all the way. It was a lovely journey, we pointed out all the hotels we had previoulsy stayed at to Edith & Laura and it was lovely to reminisce about earlier trips.

Back in the room, Laura was a bit tired so she stayed with Martha while we took Edith for a swim. It was getting dark and the weather was a bit cold for Martha. Aaron had a drink at the bar while I went in the water with Edith, we had a great little swim & 15 minutes in the hot tub.

Just as I was trying to get Edith dry, Aaron spotted something in the distance. It was a really, really bright light that was headed up quickly & then changed course & came in our direction. We thought it was a flair first but then the bar lady ran over & said it was a rocket as Cape Canaveral was in that direction. When we got back up to the room we had a Google and found that it was a SpaceX launch, more specifically Starlink 32 4-3, how very exciting!

This pic was taken way too late once we realised what was happening!

Back in the room we all got ready & head to dinner at Bahama Breeze. I had a Bahamarita which was lush. We then shared the spinach & artichoke dip to start. For mains, Laura had the Pineapple Jerk Bowl, I had the tropical chicken fruit salad and Aaron had the skirt steak. The girls shared mac & cheese.

We contemplated heading to EPCOT for the fireworks but we were all still suffering a bit with jetlag so we held off & head home to bed.

Edited at 02:05 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A good mix today with a park,shopping, swimming and a nice evening meal

Joan
Old 12 Jan 22, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lovely pics, you always take such natural gorgeous pics of your girls! Bahama Breeze looked lush, still never been!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Loving this! Thanks for posting
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

What a busy day! Some fabulous pictures at MK

The pool area looks lovely and I just love Bahama Breeze always have at least one meal there
Old 13 Jan 22, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Loving all of the food pictures in your blogs!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

So lovely to see all of your beautiful photos.

The girls are gorgeous.x

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good mix today with a park,shopping, swimming and a nice evening meal

Joan
Yes, a very lovely day

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Lovely pics, you always take such natural gorgeous pics of your girls! Bahama Breeze looked lush, still never been!
Aww, thankyou! I do have my camera in hand most the time, probably too much but hate to think I could miss an oppourtunity x

Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Loving this! Thanks for posting
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
What a busy day! Some fabulous pictures at MK

The pool area looks lovely and I just love Bahama Breeze always have at least one meal there
The pool at the hotel is really lovely, they had it all decked out for Christmas too so it was extra special.

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Loving all of the food pictures in your blogs!
Best part isn't it?

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
So lovely to see all of your beautiful photos.

The girls are gorgeous.x
Thankyou
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Enjoying reading along. did the under armour shop have better deals?
Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Lovely photos with the girls on Main Street. The cavalcades of characters throughout the day do sound great, with no need to stake out a piece of pavement for the normal parade. I hope they are still going when we go back in the summer.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List