Notices

Old 10 Apr 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

The fam finale now with some gatecrashers Salou/Portaventura Oct 2018

We originally booked for Oh and myself, but to our surprise Dd had a change of heart and is coming with us now. This will be our last little holiday before she starts uni.

Found some bargain flights for October, £132.72 total for 2 adults, Stansted to Reus. That is with Ryan air and includes allocated seats, £3 per person each way. The extra flight was £88.60 with a seat next to us.

We are taking advantage of the two training days before half term and leaving Thursday 18th Stansted to Reus, 7.30am flight and coming home October until Tuesday 23rd, 3.25pm.

So now its myself, 43 and Oh, Matt, 39.

And Dd Jess, 17

This will be our 7th trip to Salou, 6 of those have been in October.
I am planning on recreating these photos which were taken on our first visit in August

We have enjoyed all our holidays in Salou, so will lovely to have another one with Dd.
The hotel will the usual we stay at, The Calypso which is £497 for a superior room all inclusive for 5 nights.
We will visit Portaventura, Dd had just started to enjoy the big rides the last time we went, so it will be nice for Matt to have a thrill seeker buddy. Plus our favourite Tutuki Splash.
Tickets are £53 each for 2 days plus one day at Ferrari Land with Attraction Tickets. ETA, just brought our tickets as Attractions Tickets had a good discount making them £42 each.

We hired scooters in Benidorm and really enjoyed it, so will be looking to hire them so we can ride along the front.

Our friends Debbie, Tracy, Paul, Linda, Russell, Sandy and Debbie have decided to join us.
Not a great photo, but here is most of the gang.

Tracy and Paul are going out 2 days before us, but the rest of us are on the same flight.
Sandy has looked into a mini bus for the 7 of us flying out on the same day, it’s £30 each so she has booked that rather than take 2 cars. It’s probably a little more than sharing petrol and parking costs but still a decent price and it will be nice be travel together and we can all have a drink together on the way home.
We have all had holidays together before, so wont be fighting or falling out. :prig

Edited at 04:02 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Have a great trip - I long for the days of booking in what is presumably non-school holidays
Those prices sound great - how long is the holiday for that All-inclusive price ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have a great trip! We're off to Salou (well Cap Salou) in a couple of weeks and I'm a bit anxious to be going to a European destination (silly I know but so used to USA now).

How many days is good for Port Aventura (we're not up at the crack of dawn people )?
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Have a great trip - I long for the days of booking in what is presumably non-school holidays
Those prices sound great - how long is the holiday for that All-inclusive price ?
Thank you, Its just before half term, you can normally get good deals if you can be a little flexible. Barcelona normally have good flight prices, its just a longer transfer time.
Sorry, its for 5 nights, now about to edit my post.

Edited at 04:56 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Have a great trip! We're off to Salou (well Cap Salou) in a couple of weeks and I'm a bit anxious to be going to a European destination (silly I know but so used to USA now).

How many days is good for Port Aventura (we're not up at the crack of dawn people )?
Thank you.
Two days is good for us, but the park is quiet in October. The park doesn't open too early, and the rides normally open a little later as well. Sesame street and Furius Baco are the first ones to open. It is a massive park plus the water park should be open when you are there, we had a day there when we visited in August years ago. Attraction Tickets offer ticket deals with a variety of choices for the parks you want to visit.
There is also a water park in La Pineda called Aquopolis, unfortunately its never been open we we have been in October.
Im sure you will have a lovely time there, if you are not driving the bus is great. Buy a card from the bus plana and load it with journeys, they come in multiples of 10, then just swipe for each person. They can be used for Portaventura, La Pineda, Cambrils and Tarragona, which we really enjoyed.

Edited at 06:02 PM.
Old 10 Apr 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
Thank you.
Two days is good for us, but the park is quiet in October. The park doesn't open too early, and the rides normally open a little later as well. Sesame street and Furius Baco are the first ones to open. It is a massive park plus the water park should be open when you are there, we had a day there when we visited in August years ago. Attraction Tickets offer ticket deals with a variety of choices for the parks you want to visit.
There is also a water park in Cap Salou called Aquopolis, unfortunately its never been open we we have been in October.
Im sure you will have a lovely time there, if you are not driving the bus is great. Buy a card from the bus plana and load it with journeys, they come in multiples of 10, then just swipe for each person. They can be used for Portaventura, Cambrils and Tarragona,which we really enjoyed.
Thank you!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
frozenfan97
VIP Dibber

Great to see another trip report, I really enjoyed your other ones. We love Salou but are giving it a miss this year, not sure how I feel about that yet.
Old 11 Apr 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Awww, have a lovely trip. Salou has become our filler in between WDW, love Portaventura and the Costa Caribe water park. We always stay at the Sol Costa Dorada - love the closeness to Port Aventura and Ferrari Land.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by frozenfan97 View Post
Great to see another trip report, I really enjoyed your other ones. We love Salou but are giving it a miss this year, not sure how I feel about that yet.
Thank you, I do try and take more notes and food photos each year.
We did miss Salou last year, we enjoy October there and a last bit of sun before winter.
Old 12 Apr 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
Awww, have a lovely trip. Salou has become our filler in between WDW, love Portaventura and the Costa Caribe water park. We always stay at the Sol Costa Dorada - love the closeness to Port Aventura and Ferrari Land.
Thank you, we have always loved our family holidays there, and a good alternative to Orlando when you have a child that doesn't want to go long haul.