Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 10 Aug 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018 Day 7 Park playtime and Mummy dares to drive!

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018
Day 7 Park playtime and Mummy dares to drive!

I’m Emily, my husband is Gary and this was our first overseas holiday with our 17 month Libby. We visited family near Toronto and spent a few days in Montreal too.

Today we were staying local, having a break from shopping (mostly) and getting ready for our road trip to Montreal tomorrow!

We had a slower morning and left just after 10.30. it was a bit breezy this morning. We were headed to Gage Park in Hamilton to let Libby run around and play.

We found it on the sat nav and it took us along a street with amazing looking houses on one side and a stunning view to Lake Ontario on the other. It was definitely the posh part of town and I deliberated over which house I would like.

After the posh houses we headed down the mountain. I didn't realise when Lorraine talked about up/down the mountain that it was an actual mountain lol .

Heading down

We found the park quite easily. It was a really nice park, we had a wander through then let Libby play in the park. There was little egg thing she grew quite attached too, so we had to explain a few times that other children wanted a shot and it wasn’t ok to just jump in on top of them .

It started to spit lightly so we walked back to the car and headed to Sobeys for lunch. Now going to the supermarket for lunch isn't something we would do at home, we like to be a bit more adventurous but we’d seen the deli and takeaway counters when we nipped in yesterday and knew we wanted to go! We’d also spotted a little seating area to eat in. We headed to Timmies first though to get me a French Vanilla. I hadn’t had coffee yet and it was after 12 .

We got to Sobey’s and I quickly decided on a chicken flatbread thing. I thought she was going to half what was in the display cabinet for me but nope, she put the whole thing in! I also got a salad from the salad bar and ordered Libby a chicken tenders meal. Gary couldn't decide but eventually went for some kind of curry thing, the lady made it in front of us in the wok.

Doesnt look great but it was all so yummy

I also picked up a cannoli because well, why not ?!

After lunch, we decided to nip across to the retail park. Gary wanted to go to the Hockey shop and there was a Michaels next door. I’ll never say no to a Michael’s visit. It was literally across the road so I decided to be brave and drive . It might not seem like a big deal but I’ve never driven anywhere but Britain and although I like the convenience of driving, I actually don't like doing it much, I’d rather be a passenger. The thought of being able to go to the mall solo though if i could get myself there was very tempting so I braved it!

I actually thought I wasn’t too bad . Once I got going I didn't find it as hard as expected. We realised Libby was tired so when we got across to the retail park, Gary got out to go into the hockey shop and I was going to drive around the car park and see if she would fall asleep. As he moved away from the car it cut out altogether and I thought sh*t what have I done?! I then realised he still had the keyless key in his pocket haha . I beeped the horn to get his attention and he ran back with it.

Mummy's behind the wheel...uh oh

After a while I realised Libby definitely wasn't falling asleep any time soon so I parked up (in an empty row obv, I was scared of bumping other cars) and got her out to go and find Gary. We found him still in the hockey store. I left Libby with him and headed to Michaels and we agreed to meet in Indigo.

When we eventually met, Libby had fallen asleep thank goodness. Indigo was a really nice shop with books and gifts, sort of like Waterstones. Libby woke up and we got back in the car. We headed to Walmart for nappies but they surprisingly didn't have a great selection so didn't get any. We did get the usual Walmart stuff though, snacks, make up etc!

We headed home and played with Maggie the dog for a bit then Gary took Libby to the park while I did some laundry and packed for Montreal.

Girl on a mission

The water had been turned out at the park so Libby had great fun getting soaked!

Dinner was big pork steaks on the BBQ with baked potatoes and south west style salad, so good .

Libby went to bed no problem and was asleep by 7.15, phew. She seemed to have gotten used to where we were and was back to her usual self, normally very good at going to bed. I was keeping my fingers crossed Montreal didn't throw her off again!

Thanks for reading, it’s been a chilled few days but tomorrow we head to Montreal xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
a lovely chilled day. good photos of your beautiful daughter
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh you are so brave for driving out there! I don't think I would ever have the balls to drive abroad!

A lovely chilled day, great Libby got to burn off some steam with park time!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
a lovely chilled day. good photos of your beautiful daughter
Thanks for commenting .

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh you are so brave for driving out there! I don't think I would ever have the balls to drive abroad!

A lovely chilled day, great Libby got to burn off some steam with park time!
Thanks Lisa, it really wasn't that bad once I found the courage! xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Nice day and yay to driving ! The food today sounds scrummy, that store looks fabulous.
Totally loving those huge houses, wow ..
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

A good park day for Libby!

Walmart is always odd for what it stocks and doesn’t, i still remember the one in Quebec that had no fresh friit and veg!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List