General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 28 Aug 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Messing around on the river - Norfolk broads Aug 18

So we’ve just had a week on the broads and had a fabulous time again so I thought I’d do a mini review for anyone who may fancy it . We booked through hoseasons but tend to use Richardson’s boatyard as we have always had a fabulous service from them . We hired Dominica which was a fabulous boat.

I love the broads as it’s just so relaxing. We had pretty good weather with just a rainy afternoon on Sunday evening. There was plenty of fishing to be done and we all caught quiet a few each ( non of us as frequent fishermen may I add ) . Food was fabulous supplied by bridge stones at Potter Heigham ( really impressed with Potter Heigham Now since the pub and restaurant have been Reopened ) , Ken’s fish and chip shop wroxham and the kings heads at wroxham to name a few. Coltishall was a pretty as ever although we thought we wouldn’t get back under the bridge so a few panicking moments so check your water levels carefully ! Both kids ( teens) had a great week but it does help that the boats now have WiFi onboard although they did stay off it the majority of the time. I love you don’t have to plan anything about this holiday , you just get up and move on down the river until you see a spot you fancy to stay overnight . One gripe is horning has just become a no go area, you just cannot get moored unless you pay a ridiculous amount to the pubs

Anyway it’s making us rethink Florida again, what with the poor exchange rate making it a more ridiculously expensive than it already was , the amount of planning involved and my eldest definitely wanting to go to uni we are having to rethink our dates of when to return , as he wouldn’t be able to go in Oct as we normally do and none of us fancy July/August at all, so everything is up in the air. Who knows what the next 12 months will bring but we had a fabulous time on the broads so maybe a week doing this again next year.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Looks lovely Sam, glad you've had a great time, it's a few years since we've been to the broads but it is a beautiful area , friends of ours were there same time they stayed in the newly refurbished richardsons lodges, they tried to book whilst there for next year... not a chance they are fully booked
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We go every year.. Love cruising around the place. Its very expensive really, you could easily get a 2 week inclusive holiday for the same price as 1 week in the Broads. But I keep going back !
Old 28 Aug 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by bLaZeR666_uk View Post
We go every year.. Love cruising around the place. Its very expensive really, you could easily get a 2 week inclusive holiday for the same price as 1 week in the Broads. But I keep going back !
It can be expensive , Our boat this time was £750 for the week inc fuel and we spent £200 on food . Got a proper bargain on this one . It depends on if you want a basic boat or bells and whistles tbh. Current prices are around £700 plus for a week in the 6 week holidays next year so for 4 adults you can’t complain really . Majorca was £4500 self catering for us so that was a no no
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Looks lovely Sam, glad you've had a great time, it's a few years since we've been to the broads but it is a beautiful area , friends of ours were there same time they stayed in the newly refurbished richardsons lodges, they tried to book whilst there for next year... not a chance they are fully booked
Thanks Sam we did, just what I needed tbh . Seriously rethinking Florida though , we are currently looking at about £8k minimum with tickets and Callum can’t go with starting uni so we may do menorca in July so he can go one last time with us. Not sure as everything is up in the air at the mo and I hate the not knowing what’s planned. I’m sure it will work itself out though . I keep fancying Bonaire again
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 28 Aug 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Thanks Sam we did, just what I needed tbh . Seriously rethinking Florida though , we are currently looking at about £8k minimum with tickets and Callum can’t go with starting uni so we may do menorca in July so he can go one last time with us. Not sure as everything is up in the air at the mo and I hate the not knowing what’s planned. I’m sure it will work itself out though . I keep fancying Bonaire again
Sure whatever you decide on Sam you'll have a lovely time, not long until I'm back at Bonaire hehe, we are so ready for it xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List