Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Nov 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

Intermediate vrs Full size cars

3 of us all adults travelling next July/August so 3 cabin bags, 3 checked bags plus probably handbags, maybe a computer bag, An Intermediate car with Alamo says 5 passengers 3 bags, the Full Size says 5 passengers 4 bags but there is a price difference of close on $80 the car would only have the bags for the trip to and from the airport, an hours drive tops. What do you think would the Intermediate be ok
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I would go with the intermediate. You can always put one case on the back seat.
Old 25 Nov 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I’d pay the extra $80. Not for the luggage but to generally give you a more relaxed ride, a full size sedan being very comfortable. No issues with it being slightly larger as the roads are so much bigger too
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you both for your replies, So the Intermediate would work but the Full side will be more comfortable. I usually drive a 7 seater as there can be 5 of us so the size of the car shouldn't be an issue in terms of driving
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I never go bigger than intermediate with 2 adults plus boys of 17 and 13.

I figure that I want a car roughly the size of what I drive at home in order to retain some familiarity. In your case, you will have a decent boot plus a whole spare seat on which to place belongings. I guess that this will be ample.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

And $80 bucks in $80 bucks
Old 26 Nov 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. You mention Full size. Are you sure the price difference is for a Full size and not a Standard?

If it is then $80 is a brilliant price as you are stepping up a few sizes.

Secondly as you are talking in $ are you doing pay on arrival as prices on UK websites are in £. Just checking you are not on an American website as their prices don't include Insurance.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 11:49 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

Hi and thanks to everyone for their thoughts , the Dibb at its best is a great point of reference. So background. Our American Airlines Advantage miles expire next year. We are flying with Delta so we looked at using the miles in conjunction with cash .
The figures come out really well for our 3 weeks stay far cheaper than I can hire a car for, the difference between an Intermediate and a full size is $80 as the prices are via Advantage and Alamo. I confirmed with Alamo it is a Full size and also that all insurances are included though as always I will triple check .
I am swaying slightly towards the Full size as$80 over 3 weeks is small enough but
its good to know that most people feel that the Intermediate would also be fine
Old 30 Nov 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. You mention Full size. Are you sure the price difference is for a Full size and not a Standard?

If it is then $80 is a brilliant price as you are stepping up a few sizes.

Secondly as you are talking in $ are you doing pay on arrival as prices on UK websites are in £. Just checking you are not on an American website as their prices don't include Insurance.
Bang on Mr Tom when I got FULL details despite being told otherwise insurance is not included additional cost $ 545 ...currently getting better prices elsewhere