Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Oct 13, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Rea
Very Serious Dibber

No me empuje - Spanish for don't push me! (sounds like no may emp oo hay) Espere! Wait! (es per ray) No fume cerca nosotros mis ninos tienen asma - Don't smoke near us my children have asthma. (no fumay therca nos o tros miss nin yos tee an en asma)... might be useful to know
Old 27 Oct 13, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post

our last visit we had such a bad experience we will NEVER go back my DD was treated so badly by a cm and for the same reasons as the "parent pushing" you experienced.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 13, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
I'm so sorry you didn't have an enjoyable holiday. We will be going on our 4th trip in less than a month and I can't wait. During my last 3 stays I can't say I've experienced all the things you mention, but yes there are smokers, but there are smokers on my local high street and at Chessington when we went last month, I just move infront of them to avoid being in the path of the smoke.

I have noticed, and been a part of the scrums for character meets (sharp elbows spring to mind), but planning in advance for character dining, or taking advantage of the organised meets, for example Mickey's house, means that you can avoid this. This is what we'll be doing when we go next month, plus Descent of the Stairs at DLH, that will cover most of the characters.

I'm not disputing the challenges you had on your holiday but with regards to your hope to warn people off DLP with this trip report, I feel it is important to say that I strongly believe that a holiday is what you make of it and not everyone will have the same experience, as highlighted by those who travelled just a couple of weeks before you.

It is down to us as individuals to make up our own minds, for me personally with 2 children good planning will always help, which is where forums like The Dibb are a godsend, and ultimately I try to be as relaxed and as flexible as possible, but when I do take issue I make sure my voice is heard, then move on to having more fun with the family.

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 13, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

People have different standards I guess.

Just got back myself and thought it was fantastic. Then again we stayed at Holiday Inn about 20 minutes away by train and couldn't fault it.

Beaker makes a good point: a holiday is what you make of it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Just re-read my review and glad to say we have stuck to our guns and never been back to DLP! We have been to florida 3 times since and will be going again next month.

It is a massive shame as the park due to its location would be ideal for us - but due to the numerous issues with DLP we save and visit Florida - which is ten times better in everyway - just ten times the cost!
Old 3 Jul 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Your choice of course, but the park has totally been transformed since you last visited, and more massive expansion and investment is happening.

Your report is from 2013 - since then the park has celebrated its 25th anniversary in a style unmatched by either of the US parks; been fully bought out by Disney and freed from the financial stranglehold Eisner caused; debuted a stage show which has won international awards; built a ride which is being copied in Epcot. Not to mention the upcoming Marvel, Star Wars and Frozen expansions.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Your choice of course, but the park has totally been transformed since you last visited, and more massive expansion and investment is happening.

Your report is from 2013 - since then the park has celebrated its 25th anniversary in a style unmatched by either of the US parks; been fully bought out by Disney and freed from the financial stranglehold Eisner caused; debuted a stage show which has won international awards; built a ride which is being copied in Epcot. Not to mention the upcoming Marvel, Star Wars and Frozen expansions.
Have they banned smoking in the parks and hotels? I doubt it - so will stick to Disneyworld
Old 3 Jul 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We love DLP and have been taking our children since they were a few weeks old. I’m not a smoker and don’t love people smoking near me, but it also isn’t a huge issue for me, so I can’t say I’ve ever had a problem with it there, I never really notice it. It’s always a shame when people don’t enjoy a long awaited holiday and I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy yours. DLP holds a special place in my heart! I love WDW too, but I guess I am lucky and enjoy them both.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

I’ve only just seen this thread as I don’t generally read trip reports.
Strangely, we were at the NPB hotel a month before you in the original post. That was our 11th trip to DLP and most of those with young children.
Didn’t see anything that you mentioned in the OP from memory. 🤔
Anyway, we love DLP, prefer it to WDW (hence the amount of times we’ve returned) and returned from our last trip last month. That trip was the best trip so far.
Going back for our 13th trip next Easter and we’re all looking forward to it.
As Gill H has mentioned, there have been quite a few changes and it’s getting better and better imo.
But, not trying to convince those that dislike it - we’re all different.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I didn't like Disneyland Paris all that much when I first went, 6 years ago. However, I did return this year and enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to.
The smoking was terrible though!
Way worse than I remembered even..people smoked wherever they liked and staff didn't care.
I would always chose Florida first by a long shot, but I would definitely visit Disneyland Paris again, if a short trip suited me.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List