General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 31 Jul 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Hmm...years ago a lady at church christened Poot "Tiny American" - and she did not intend it as a compliment!

I was in Montreal with a girlfriend - and she really wanted to go dancing. The concierge at our hotel was young and dishy - so we asked him where we should go. And he suggested a club called "Le Dome". But when we got there...the sign outside read "Le S*x Dome". And inside the club tthere were cages hanging from the ceiling. Periodically, two people would enter each cage and...frolic. There were no sox involved.

You know I grew up in that business - but the "frolic cages" were a first for me. And I won't lie - I find watching strangers frolic...the opposite of sexy. I had a (much) better time at the Expos game!

It was too hot for poutine when we were there - but I think I would have enjoyed that more than the club, too!
Tiny American, I would have taken that as a compliment! Some of our church ladies have proper 'snark' (thank you Helen! ) I find I never have a witty comeback til at least the next day, which is super frustrating

Dancing in cages sounds interesting, perhaps not sexy though I think things like watching my DH hang out laundry is sexy or even loading the dishwasher it's the little things!

I love poutine - fries, cheese and gravy - what's not to love
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Tiny American, I would have taken that as a compliment! Some of our church ladies have proper 'snark' (thank you Helen! ) I find I never have a witty comeback til at least the next day, which is super frustrating

Dancing in cages sounds interesting, perhaps not sexy though I think things like watching my DH hang out laundry is sexy or even loading the dishwasher it's the little things!

I love poutine - fries, cheese and gravy - what's not to love

Yep, I hear you - I'm always a day late and a dollar short with the comebacks, too.

If they had been actually DANCING in the cages I wouldn't have minded. But it was...ahem..."the dance with no pants".

Did you participate in the "I like to watch men (fill in the blank)" game back in the Florida trippie? I think I would have remembered "I like to watch DH hang out the laundry"!

Helen was the winner (of course) with "I like to watch men (full stop)" - but Rachael likes to watch men drive - and I like to watch men chop wood. And tie proper Windsor knots. As for laundry...R.C. calls the washer "the machine that spins the clothes" - so I'm sure you can guess how often he goes near it!

To be fair, though - he works like a coolie. AND...the one time he tried to "help" and do some laundry (when Poot was a baby) - he boil-washed all Poot's cutest baby clothes. They barely fit BARBIE DOLLS after that. And so R.C. was *encouraged* to stay FAR AWAY from the washing machine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Yep, I hear you - I'm always a day late and a dollar short with the comebacks, too.

If they had been actually DANCING in the cages I wouldn't have minded. But it was...ahem..."the dance with no pants".

Did you participate in the "I like to watch men (fill in the blank)" game back in the Florida trippie? I think I would have remembered "I like to watch DH hang out the laundry"!

Helen was the winner (of course) with "I like to watch men (full stop)" - but Rachael likes to watch men drive - and I like to watch men chop wood. And tie proper Windsor knots. As for laundry...R.C. calls the washer "the machine that spins the clothes" - so I'm sure you can guess how often he goes near it!

To be fair, though - he works like a coolie. AND...the one time he tried to "help" and do some laundry (when Poot was a baby) - he boil-washed all Poot's cutest baby clothes. They barely fit BARBIE DOLLS after that. And so R.C. was *encouraged* to stay FAR AWAY from the washing machine.
'the dance with no pants'... Helen would be proud

I'm not surprised that Helen won! I only like to watch my DH hang out laundry if I was playing the game mine would be: I like to watch men bake

Obviously RC has quite a large wheelhouse, he obviously can't be amazing at everything- it would be too intimidating it would appear that doing laundry just didn't make the cut
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post

'the dance with no pants'... Helen would be proud

I'm not surprised that Helen won! I only like to watch my DH hang out laundry if I was playing the game mine would be: I like to watch men bake

Obviously RC has quite a large wheelhouse, he obviously can't be amazing at everything- it would be too intimidating it would appear that doing laundry just didn't make the cut

I am dying to make jokes about R.C.'s "large wheelhouse", but I will restrain myself.

And lol - I think "the dance with no pants" is an expression I know from junior high! I have absolutely no idea what teenagers say these days - but it ain't that, I'm sure.

Men in oven gloves...hmm...I think you are the first to say that.
Old 2 Aug 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
I am dying to make jokes about R.C.'s "large wheelhouse", but I will restrain myself.

And lol - I think "the dance with no pants" is an expression I know from junior high! I have absolutely no idea what teenagers say these days - but it ain't that, I'm sure.

Men in oven gloves...hmm...I think you are the first to say that.
I think I walked into that one ... I hope RC doesn't read the dibb

The only ones I know are the 'horizontal tango' or the 'adult hug' both quite tame by comparison

Seriously, men kneading bread and showing off their muscly forearms
Old 2 Aug 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

I think I walked into that one ... I hope RC doesn't read the dibb

The only ones I know are the 'horizontal tango' or the 'adult hug' both quite tame by comparison

Seriously, men kneading bread and showing off their muscly forearms
You're quite, quite safe. R.C. and tech go together like tea and...Dalmatians.

But OH MY GOSH - I sometimes "dip in" to a trippie at random to see if I'll fancy it - and I remember one (written by a man) that mentioned sending the couple's (adult, I think) son off to one of the parks - so that the couple could have an "adult hug" (I *think* that was the expression). I was just - and stopped reading at that point!

Sadly, due to my misspent youth (not my fault, though!) - I know MANY, MANY euphemisms for "marital congress".

And hmm...I do like a muscly forearm. I'd also just like some help in the kitchen, though. I'm not picky.
Old 3 Aug 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
You're quite, quite safe. R.C. and tech go together like tea and...Dalmatians.

But OH MY GOSH - I sometimes "dip in" to a trippie at random to see if I'll fancy it - and I remember one (written by a man) that mentioned sending the couple's (adult, I think) son off to one of the parks - so that the couple could have an "adult hug" (I *think* that was the expression). I was just - and stopped reading at that point!

Sadly, due to my misspent youth (not my fault, though!) - I know MANY, MANY euphemisms for "marital congress".

And hmm...I do like a muscly forearm. I'd also just like some help in the kitchen, though. I'm not picky.
Poor RC, missing out on all this dibb fun

There's alot of choice for TR's, for our first trip I read every one I could find for tips and hints. I have since found there are some that appeal more to me than others. I am however very grateful for people taking the time to share I am rubbish at anything more technical than typing a post!
Old 3 Aug 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Poor RC, missing out on all this dibb fun

There's alot of choice for TR's, for our first trip I read every one I could find for tips and hints. I have since found there are some that appeal more to me than others. I am however very grateful for people taking the time to share I am rubbish at anything more technical than typing a post!

Hmm...I think he'd sooner chew glass.

I am quite strange about my trippie-reading. I only like to read one at a time (I don't know HOW Colette keeps all the different people in all the different TRs straight) - and I always look for ones with kids. I especially like the ones with families of three - just like us.
Old 11 Aug 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Union Station looks lovely. I don't understand how a country as young as America can have such beautiful transport buildings but, on the whole, train stations over here are miserable places.

I didn't know about the population issues in Detroit, or Baltimore - I am going to read up some now. And, what an awful experience. Thank goodness Poot is/was sharp enough to understand that he was to keep quiet and to follow your instructions. A sad situation all round. Why can't people take each other as they find them!? 'Crazy Lady' thought you were the enemy, but she was the hostile one. Like I say, just sad. I almost wanted to cry over the innocence of Poot's recollection of events, and for that poor cop.

RE: Trip Reports. I also quit reading the 'adult hug' one and I never give up. I thought maybe it was just me, I am a bit of a prude.

Edited at 02:54 PM.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It seems you made a new friend with the yoghurt lady.

Union Station looks beautiful.

Given the foreshadowing from the previous instalment, the photos of abandoned houses and the fact that my entire knowledge of Baltimore is from the TV show The Wire (although I think Hairspray was set in Baltimore, but I'm not certain about that) I'm starting to get worried for you. Dare I read on?

I imagine it's the shamrock you had tattooed on your forehead that attracted the other passenger. Do you sing Danny Boy with an Irish accent? On a side note, this running reply business has revolutionised my posts! No need to have my rough notebook to hand anymore, and every little thing that catches my eye gets a comment. I bet you're loving it.

We had a similar problem with the rain on our first full day in NYC. We, I say we when I mean the kids and myself, ended up in the toilets drying our socks and shoes in the driers. DH was less than impressed and insisted his feet were fine and he didn't need to dry out.

Oh my, and in a bookstore no less, it's like they found your place of sanctuary and tarnished it! you did very well. It must have been very frightening.

On to more pleasant things, that bag looks gorgeous. I'm very jealous.

Poot looks cute posing with the statue at the baseball game. Well, I didn't know the rain stops play the baseball the same as at Wimbledon.

I like that the only sad news about the day that Poot reports is the losing of the game. He doesn't seem traumatised by the angry woman, more just thinking of it as a weird thing that happened.

Goodness, you've been held up in a bookstore? Geez. I would never have thought of them as being so dangerous.

Obviously there's no trip report as good as yours...but fuellady did a great one of NYC posted in June or July which was perfect timing for me, but this was adults only. Recently my favorite has been Brett, Jo and Marceline at WDW. It's been posted slowly over the last few months and is very detailed with lots of photos of Marceline who was 9 months old. When I read each day I wish we'd taken our kids earlier. They had some fab days.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List