Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
SURPRISE! We’re going to New York... no you’re not staying at The Plaza... UPDATE 2 WEEKS TO GO

So just under 2 weeks to go - so excited, I’ve only 3 days left to work and then I am off for the school holidays, 6 weeks of free time! BLISS
We have a busy time ahead of us, my hubby is cycling the North Coast 500 from Friday 6th till Tuesday 10th, and I am taking my mum away for a few days at the same time so really I have this week to get organised as it will be Wednesday the 11th before we are all back home together. I can’t do last minute packing - it makes me stressed, so planning to get a suitcase down tomorrow and my daughter and I will do some packing - cue confused/questioning look on face of husband? ! You should know me by now dear!?

And Wednesday and Thursday will be a mixture of pre-burglar cleaning, a trip to the doctor for my ‘happy flight’ pills and various beautician appointments. I have decided to treat daughter to a spray tan so I can avoid the possibility of murder by fake tan, if we are forced to wait for her to bronze herself to a nice shade of mahogany every morning before we can leave the building!

We have decided not to book seats on the flight, feel BA prices are a bit cheeky so we’ll just hope for the best. Daughter is old enough to cope with sitting on her own if the worst was to happen, so for the first time ever we are going to wing it! I was following what will be our flight in 2 weeks time yesterday on the flight radar app (what a saddo! Does anyone else do this?) and the flight time was just under 7 hours - excellent, jet stream please stay where you are for the next fortnight!
I finally booked Wicked tickets this week, I’ve been watching the ticket booths but they are still not available from there, so had to bite the bullet and pay up 💵💵! My dad had said he would buy my daughter her ticket for her birthday but as this was back in March I think he’s forgotten as he’s not mentioned it for a while... Eh Dad about that birthday present...
The Ride is also booked their website is very easy to use and its great that you can book online as part of the Explorer Pass - they were also excellent when I asked if we could change my original booking to another day - within 10 minutes of receiving my request I had received my new confirmation email and details of the new booking, excellent customer service!
So that’s about it I think, we’ve printed off everything from ESTA’s to airport parking, FX cards need a wee top up but with the exchange rate being so excruciatingly low we keep putting it off, daughter and I will pop into town later today and get some currency and do a toiletries shop - I love a holiday toiletries shop!
Hopefully I’ve not forgotten anything major, feeling quite organised - let’s hope it stays that way.
Thanks so much for reading x