Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Aug 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I had a ablation done a few years ago and my period went from really heavy to non existent!

Although I do still have the symptoms of a period I don’t actually have one!

It’s the best thing I ever done, wished I’d done it years earlier.

My husband has been sterilised so we don’t have to worry about pregnancy and miscarriage, as we were told that you could still conceive but not carry after ablation.

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Not sure what this actually is the ablation.

I have endometriosis so periods bad. Ovulation bad. On the pill now to control it and it’s still bad a lot of the time but no where near the state I used to be in.
I had a laparoscopicy and they laser as much as can off for me. This only helped a bit.
Might be different to what your on bout tho
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Not sure what this actually is the ablation.

I have endometriosis so periods bad. Ovulation bad. On the pill now to control it and it’s still bad a lot of the time but no where near the state I used to be in.
I had a laparoscopicy and they laser as much as can off for me
. This only helped a bit.

Might be different to what your on bout tho
The ablation I had was to remove the lining of my womb, but only after the consultant was sure I was finished extending my family!

I can still get pregnant but not carry a child, as my husband has been sterilised and we are happy with our family we don’t have to worry about that!

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
Endo is caused by hormones.
Hormones are produced by eggs.
Remvoing bpth egg sacks stops endo
sorry, not even a full hysterectomy can prevent or ‘stop’ endo.
Old 1 Sep 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scojos View Post
Endo is caused by hormones.
Hormones are produced by eggs.
Remvoing bpth egg sacks stops endo
I’ve been told that doesn’t work either.
The only time that would work is if the endo is on the ovaries.
Anywhere else and your screwed.
They also told me that the endo would go when I was pregnant. Nope that didn’t happen for me. Also the pill stops the eggs producing but that hasn’t stopped my pains.

My laser thing is different then as they did that so that I COULD carry and have kids. Definitely must be different
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

My laser thing is different then as they did that so that I COULD carry and have kids. Definitely must be different[/QUOTE]

Yes, that’s correct. They will have spot lasered areas of endometriosis for you if you hadn’t competed your family. With an endometrial ablation (whichever type) the whole of the uterus is treat. Not all women are suitable for this treatment however. The uterus has to be within a certain size and not contain large fibroids. It is certainly effective for a number of women who have very heavy periods but as with most things doesn’t work for everyone.
Evil queen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

My EA has left me with some issues, I had the Novasure one and my god was that painful! I’m still getting abdominal pain /cramping from time to time and bleed heavy for two days every other month. If it happens again I may go back and see my GP again. The pain makes me feel like I’m going to pass out sometimes but at least I’m not constantly hurling my guts up like before I had the procedure done. After 44 years of nasty periods ( yep started when I was just 7) I just want it all to be done with tbh. I’m so glad I refused to have a coil fitted though none of the women in my family have got along with them ever even as birth control they failed. I was warned this might not totally resolve my issues and may have to go back again but the only other option would be a hysterectomy either partial or full. Gonna wait and see what happens this month first.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Finally had my hospital appointment today. I’m having the novasure ablation done under GA. Fingers crossed it will help. However they said because we are going into winter I could be waiting 4-6 months for op but at least I’m having it done.
Old 17 Oct 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bertiebear View Post
Finally had my hospital appointment today. I’m having the novasure ablation done under GA. Fingers crossed it will help. However they said because we are going into winter I could be waiting 4-6 months for op but at least I’m having it done.
Good luck. It has been life changing for me. I’m so glad I was able to have it done privately.
Hope the appointment comes through soon.
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Good luck. It has been life changing for me. I’m so glad I was able to have it done privately.
Hope the appointment comes through soon.
Thank you. I’m really hoping it works for me.