Notices

Old 9 Sep 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiga6
Imagineer

Stay safe! And have a fab trip! (I added you on Instagram too, I was playing roulette with the rain and the washing earlier )
Old 9 Sep 17, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jmt
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a safe journey, hopefully the impact of Irma won't affect you or will have subsided significantly.

I'm just sat watching the TV and shocked at just how large the storm surge will impact on the Florida coastline. The TV crews have been in Jacksonville and Tampa and the weather looks worse than here in Orlando. We've been out and about all day and seen no rain but it has been cloudy and the wind picked up after about 3pm.

Don't think you need to worry about pets. It appears most of the hotel chains have dropped the 'no pet' policy as we are surrounded by dogs and even saw one sat under the table in Outback yesterday
jmt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Wow what a month! So much happening as well as all the horrible stuff we can't influence.

Vegan ... a major step and commitment. I've just spent the day at a Vegan festival with my skincare business and it is just sooo growing in popularity. All the Vegan fairs are rammed - and everyone seems happy, unlike some of the other events we do!

Have a fantastic holiday, stay safe and I'm looking forward to reading the trip report. Must do more of mine tomorrow!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

After a very long DIBB break I am covering all of the news and see you are off today! I have missed so much. Hoping the hurricane isnt affecting your plans. Your trip looks utterly amazing and I will be logging in to check for any progress reports. You are visiting so many places on my list.

I can empathise with you about the nail biting exam results. Youngest is yet to realise Skyrim on xbox really isn't going to help him revise Norman England for history gcse although he keeps trying to convince me otherwise. Eldest got through to upper sixth despite Snapchat which was impressive. Congats on grand baby 2 though. At least August wasn't a total write off.

Stay safe and have a wonderful time. I think we will be in shock if your food report comes from Sweet Tomatoes rather than Longhorn! At least being vegan Andy will not succomb to the nasty orange cheese xx
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Phew that was some read, very eventful to say the least!

I've recently turned vegetarian. Well done to Andy going straight to vegan.

I hope you have an amazing holiday. Looking forward to seeing all your Instagram pics.
Old 11 Sep 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Amanda, just caught up on this thread. Hope your travel went smoothly.
We loved Riders in the Sky too. Did you know they sang 'Woodys Roundup' in Toy Story?
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Stay safe Amanda! I hope you have a fabulous trip despite the weather!
Thank you. Sunny and 85 in Dallas yesterday. That will do nicely !

Originally Posted by floridafan101 View Post
Hope you have a fabulous trip looking forward to hearing about it and keeping fingers crossed that things are not as bad over the next few days as being predicted weather wise.
Ou DS1 had a similar issue with his AS exams but apparently a U is not a big problem at this stage! Aaaaarrrgghhhhhhh.
It's a headache isn't it. dS is recalling his paper to Go through it with the teacher. And in 2 days we get the other ones re sit results
I'm hoping we miss the rains , it will make the driving a bit trick otherwise

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
Safe travels Amanda, look forward to reading all about it, have added you on instagram, have only just joined, not quite sure what its all about!
Lol, I'm getting the hang of it slowly. I must post less cocktail photos and more scenery I think
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Twiga6 View Post
Stay safe! And have a fab trip! (I added you on Instagram too, I was playing roulette with the rain and the washing earlier )
That did make me laugh , hopping in and out on rain watch

Originally Posted by jmt View Post
Have a safe journey, hopefully the impact of Irma won't affect you or will have subsided significantly.

I'm just sat watching the TV and shocked at just how large the storm surge will impact on the Florida coastline. The TV crews have been in Jacksonville and Tampa and the weather looks worse than here in Orlando. We've been out and about all day and seen no rain but it has been cloudy and the wind picked up after about 3pm.

Don't think you need to worry about pets. It appears most of the hotel chains have dropped the 'no pet' policy as we are surrounded by dogs and even saw one sat under the table in Outback yesterday
Hope you stayed safe and it hasn't been too bad. We have kep in touch with Andys cousin , they said it was scary but thankfully so much less powerful by the time it reached them. At least we still have a place to stay in 10 days time
That's nice to hear about the pets, being a dog owner you can't bear to think of them being alone and scared .
We start the road trip bit today eek.

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Wow what a month! So much happening as well as all the horrible stuff we can't influence.

Vegan ... a major step and commitment. I've just spent the day at a Vegan festival with my skincare business and it is just sooo growing in popularity. All the Vegan fairs are rammed - and everyone seems happy, unlike some of the other events we do!

Have a fantastic holiday, stay safe and I'm looking forward to reading the trip report. Must do more of mine tomorrow!

Thanks, yes please add more, it's been a fab read.
The holiday is a definite welcome break from reality . The start of better things to come I am sure.

Originally Posted by CuriousAlice View Post
After a very long DIBB break I am covering all of the news and see you are off today! I have missed so much. Hoping the hurricane isnt affecting your plans. Your trip looks utterly amazing and I will be logging in to check for any progress reports. You are visiting so many places on my list.

I can empathise with you about the nail biting exam results. Youngest is yet to realise Skyrim on xbox really isn't going to help him revise Norman England for history gcse although he keeps trying to convince me otherwise. Eldest got through to upper sixth despite Snapchat which was impressive. Congats on grand baby 2 though. At least August wasn't a total write off.

Stay safe and have a wonderful time. I think we will be in shock if your food report comes from Sweet Tomatoes rather than Longhorn! At least being vegan Andy will not succomb to the nasty orange cheese xx
Hello. Lol. I did say " and I am not visiting Sweet Tomatoes" I know it's very popular , just not for me. He is being very pragmatic though. It's not a principle thing but healthy diet so he's very much in the he " I will have what I feel like".

The Exam results, ugh, so stressful. I'm trying not to let the re sit result overshadow things but it's coming up fast. I feel a bit sick with worry about it.

Two days in and having a great time, consuming my body weight in cocktails and just bimbling about. It's fantastic

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Phew that was some read, very eventful to say the least!

I've recently turned vegetarian. Well done to Andy going straight to vegan.

I hope you have an amazing holiday. Looking forward to seeing all your Instagram pics.
Well done you X we are having a great time so far and all good on the food front

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Hi Amanda, just caught up on this thread. Hope your travel went smoothly.
We loved Riders in the Sky too. Did you know they sang 'Woodys Roundup' in Toy Story?
Hello , yes travel day was good. Long and tiring but good. I didn't know that , they sound like fun . I still don't really know what to expect at the Opry.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Wow, sounds great! Hope you have a wonderful time, try not to worry about the boys, I'm sure the house will (mostly) still be in one piece when you get back!

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you think of Nashville and the Opry - we binge-watched the second series of Nashville (the TV series) at the weekend, and are very much in love with country music in general! We HAVE to go there, so I'll be looking to you for inspiration and ideas. (Although it won't be for a couple of years, Florida again next year as we are taking my sister with us, then we are hoping to talk friends into going to Shanghai in 2019; maybe Nashville in 2020? ).

Anyway, enough rambling from me, carry on!
Old 13 Sep 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Ooh, so glad I found this as I have been following on IG.
You did have a stressful month 😳. My eldest is still in junior school but it's so frustrating being so diligent and having a child who just doesn't care 😭.
Congratulations on the grand Baby! And I think I have spotted a spoiler on the food report about whether Andy managed to stick to his veganism 😂
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List