Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 May 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile AKL questions

Now our meals are done I’m planning our actual days & have a few questions about AKL I’m hoping someone will be able to answer.

1. Is there a list of the (kid) activities the hotel have on around hotel & also am I right in thinking that some earn you beads? I know the activities can change but just a rough idea of what’s available & if we should allow in some time to do them.

2. What time does the hotel shop stay open till? Our flight lands at MCO at 5:20pm, by the time we’ve gotten through MCO (never been there before), gotten the ME & actually checked in I’m expecting it to be at least 8:30/9pm & that’s before we find our room & dump the cases. I’m not sure that anyone will be up for a full meal or searching for the food court at that point so I’m thinking grabbing something easy in the shop might be more ideal.

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

A quick google shows it as closing at 11pm but I’m sure it wasn’t that late.

There’s noticeboards at the far end of the lobby with all the activities on, possibly one outside Boma and you’ll get a schedule of events when you check in
Old 31 May 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

There are various notice boards dotted around with the kids activities on. I think there are also activities on there where you can collect beads. There are 9 in all I think. As Hannah says you get a list on check in too. I'm not sure about the shop either. Would you consider a small garden grocer/dizzydolphin or Amazon prime now order for bits such as water and snacks x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Check out Tim Trackers utube video on AKL, its full of interesting things & very informative.
We are going to check-in and then go to Walmarts for some shopping and eat at The Mara QS restaurant but we will be should be at AKL for about 6pm
Old 31 May 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Cheers we’ll keep a look out for the board. I was hoping somewhere would have an update online photo of it so I could plan exactly how much time to spend at the hotel beforehand (we’re rope drop to closing type people) but I guess we’ll see what happens.

I looked up the shop time this morning & was pretty surprised by the 11pm, figured that was wrong & if anywhere had the right info it’d be Dibb 😂

HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post

I have not stayed at AKL but the shop definitely closed at 11pm at other resorts I have stayed at. I specifically remember getting to it at 10:59pm one night.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
woodpecker24
Gone all Goofy

We have just got back and the shop was open until 11pm every night. The Mara which is the Quick Service there is open until 1am and has some fab food options anything from a light snack to a full feast. It's only a few minutes walk from the main lobby of Jambo. On our first night we got a QS meal from the Mara and took it back to our room to eat on the balcony and chill out. You'll be given an activity guide on check in but some of the things to do to earn their activity beads are learning all about the flamingos, animal tracking where you learn about identifying the prints of different animals, wildlife games around the pool. These occur daily and last around half an hour each. Theres also a pool party for the kids daily that starts at 1pm which includes some poolside games and a Disney quiz, and every evening at 5.30 theres a campfire where you can toast marshmallows by the savanna. Then at 9pm dailys it alternates between movie night and usiku festival which is a night time lights party with fin and games located just next to the playground at the back of the pool. It was our 3rd time at AKL we absolutely love it you'll have so much fun!
woodpecker24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyThoughts View Post
Cheers we’ll keep a look out for the board. I was hoping somewhere would have an update online photo of it so I could plan exactly how much time to spend at the hotel beforehand (we’re rope drop to closing type people) but I guess we’ll see what happens.

I looked up the shop time this morning & was pretty surprised by the 11pm, figured that was wrong & if anywhere had the right info it’d be Dibb 😂
I follow a site like this but purely AKL. Loads of info and any questions answered
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Woodpecker that’s brilliant info, thank you so much! I think we’re gunna need to allow more time at the hotel then I thought, the kids will want to do it all lol

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
I follow a site like this but purely AKL. Loads of info and any questions answered
That website sounds great. Any chance you can share the name of it? 😊

Old 31 May 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
What's the site please, silverfox might be handy to be able to check things out or is it a closed site?