Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Food at baseball game

We are hoping to get tickets to see the San Fran Giants whilst we are in the city next month. What are the prices of the food at these games like, is it ridiculously overpriced? Would you suggest we grab dinner before we get there?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We went to see the rays in tampa food was more expensive than outside but not silly expensive but the choice was usual sporting area fare hotdogs burgers etc. We eat first and then bought the worlds largest popcorn it was good.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Many years back upon my first visit to Fenway Park to watch the Boston Red Sox, i had my first contact with the foot long hot dog.., and it is a foot!

Also the wrapped dog passed along the row by the supporters to the recipient, and then the dollars passed back to the deliverer by the same people.

Disney332
Old 11 Jun 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
You should have no trouble at all picking up resale tickets from Stubhub paying far less than the price from the baseball club themselves.

This is the details of the tickets we bought last August. We bought them on the 25th to go to a game on the 27th. They were great seats!

4 tickets
Premium Lower Box 119 Row 27 | Seats 7,8,9,10
Billing review
Ticket price (4 tickets) $64.00
Total fees* $25.04
Order total: $89.04

The food is slightly pricey but you're at holiday at the baseball. You SHOULD be buying a hot dog and having a beer etc. I couldn't tell you what we paid, but I don't think it was eye-wateringly expensive.

There is an amazing choice of food and drink - it's worth walking around to check out the different options as it's not just the same few choices repeating again and again. You can walk right around the ball park, and do a complete lap, which is worth doing to get a different perspective/take photos too.

I can recall having a veggie hot dog - the first time I can recall having one in a sports ground and I also remember a vintage wine booth too!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My kids went to the baseball in San Diego last July, we bought the tickets from stubhub. They ordered their food and drinks from their seat and it was delivered to them. Menus below
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This is great thanks all, don’t mind spending more just not $20 for a tiny hotdog 😬. Giant popcorn is a must!
Just looked on Stubhub and the game we want the tickets start at just $9 compared to $26 on the MLB website! Bargain, so thanks Bozza for the tip.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Got the wrong date on Stubhub! They're actually $25pp inc booking fee, do the prices ever go down closer to the match?

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Was at Giants last night. Booked tickets day before on Stubhub sect 128 row 4 right by the home bull pen. $15 per ticket,total for 4 inc fees was $80. Hot dogs $8.50, Draft Guinness and wine $13 each. Nice stadium and great transport links
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Mobile

Saw the Giants in April, was close to $30 for a beer, a Coke and popcorn.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobalong
a Friend of the DIBB

If you are going to Oracle Park their Garlic Fries are the most famous food, although you want run short of places to eat. sf.eater/2018/3/29/17166..ancisco-food

Enjoy the game, there are few better places to watch a ballgame, even when the Giants are as poor as they are at the moment.
Bobalong is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List