Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jun 19, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Mealsels

Please mods if this is deemed inappropriate or becomes a debate on immunisation remove
My niece and her husband who are both peadatritions with Dr without borders sent this
Helen
We know you don’t do the big look,at me sites but can you please share anywhere
Measles are sweeping through Eastern Europe and the US
It can be fatal lead to life long health problems as Aunt Ann (my sister a heart problem ) even issue in latter life DH is deaf in one ear due it
We know it’s a personal issue for parents to use immunisation programmes but please do,your research and make an informed decision
We know like you it almost wiped out US and Austrian indigenous population
Know you will rumble butts at home on this
K&W
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DD has had all of her vaccinations as i think it is important to protect where you can , weighing up risks with medical professionals is the only real way to make a clinically safe decision. I think its so sad that diseases like this have come back due to lack of vaccination, and although there are risks involved they are usually very very small. DD had to have some of hers twice unfortunately, but it pays to protect where you can. X
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

My cildren and grandchildren have had all their vaccinations. It's sad to think future generations will have to deal with the aftermath of children who are left with lifelong disabilities due to not being covered against such diseases.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My son has had all of his vaccinations... we are lucky that he had his organ transplant at aged 16 once all of his were complete but babies who are transplanted are unable to receive live vaccines due to the immunosuppression so they are at extremely high risk through no fault of their own. It isn’t just your own children that are at risk when you don’t vaccinate.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

My kids have had all their vaccinations. Several weeks after my daughter had her first MMR she caught measles and was incredibly poorly. We was very unlucky in that she was in the tiny percentage of children that the first vaccination doesn’t cover them properly. I dread to think about what could have happened had she had no vaccination at all.
The doctor said that this is why the vaccination is given twice, at intervals, to give lifetime cover.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

All 3 of mine are up to date - I must admit when ds1 was born in 2002 I did research the MMR as the whole thing about it causing autism was rife at the time. I researched and decided to vaccinate as I couldn't find any creditable research that showed a link. As it happens ds3 has autism but I can hand on heart say we didn't notice any changes in him after the injection - he is the way he has always been, the way he is meant to be.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
All 3 of mine are up to date - I must admit when ds1 was born in 2002 I did research the MMR as the whole thing about it causing autism was rife at the time. I researched and decided to vaccinate as I couldn't find any creditable research that showed a link. As it happens ds3 has autism but I can hand on heart say we didn't notice any changes in him after the injection - he is the way he has always been, the way he is meant to be.
This 😘😘 both my girls are vaccinated and up to date, my eldest was born during the whole debate of the vaccines possibly causing autism too, I researched maybe too much, first time parent incredibly neorotic but decided it was in my child's interest to be immunised, didn't hesitate with my youngest as everything fine with her big sister, youngest has autism I don't believe like you it's down to the vaccines it's down to her dna and it's a part of her x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

Absolutely agree. Very important to have vaccinations.
When I was a child, I remember my friends Mum becoming deaf after contracting measles. Terrible disease.

Edited at 12:17 PM.
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Mine are both vaccinated,

and thank you for jogging my memory - DD needs her meningitis jab (MenACWY) before going on to uni/further travels, she was on a school trip when they offered it at school.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing.

My two are immunised as am I. But it's useful to read where the disease is so parents that have chosen not to vaccinate are aware and then may choose not to travel there to try and protect their kids.

Many people not immunised in the 90s and 00s are now adults traveling to places they could potentially pick up the infection and be seriously ill without realising. Death in adults catching measles is higher than children.

Edited at 09:24 AM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List