Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
NikNak
Excited about Disney

Pregnancy Sickness and Nausea

I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant and still suffering from sickness (I won't say morning sickness because that's the most misleading name ever) and nausea. I've been prescribed anti-sickness tablets and they sometimes help a little but nothing takes it away completely and I'm spending most of my time sitting or lying down because as soon as I stand up I feel absolutely awful!

I've been like this since week 7 and everybody told me I would be fine by week 12 but that has long gone and I'm just worried now that I'm going to be like this all the way through. I don't like to moan about it because we've waited a long time for this and I know it will be more than worth it in the end, but it's really hard going when it's constant and I'm not getting a break from it!

Has anyone else been in this position and can offer me any advice or tips on ways to cope with this please?
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

You have my sympathies. I had it until I gave birth. Both times.

I didn't take anything for it. Found eating little and very often helped me.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

I had the same, ended up having acupuncture which worked miracles!
I was petrified of needles but the sickness was so bad I was prepared to try anything!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Ginger biscuits helped a little but I went off tea so couldn't dunk!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I fully sympathise, I had hyperemesis and was throwing up everyday until I gave birth. Make sure you are still drinking and that you don’t get dehydrated, I ended up in hospital on a drip at 13 weeks pregnant. I don’t know how I got through it looking back but it was worth it in the end.
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

I know how you feel I had this all the way though with my DS I found eating a little and often helped a bit but I was sick morning, noon and evening. DS was a good healthy weight 9lb13oz.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

I haven't had it myself but I'm a midwife.
I recommend to my women...
eat small meals often, ginger biscuits, arrowroot biscuits, peppermints, peppermint tea, travel sickness bands.
There are a few anti-sickness tablets so if one isnt working for you go back to your GP and ask to try another.
Unfortunately some women suffer with sickness longer than the initial 12 weeks, you have my sympathies. x
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had this with both my pregnancies. First one I had nausea and vomiting until 32 weeks, second pregnancy it lasted until 36 weeks. It’s amazing how quickly you can get used to be sick many times a day, everyday! As others have said the only thing that helped me was eating small amounts often rather than bigger meals infrequently. I also found that it helped me to eat a ginger biscuit before I even got out of bed in the morning. This sounds quite gross but I found I was producing a lot more saliva than usual, which didn’t help with the nausea. Having a small salty snack helped with this and eased the sickness feeling as well
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

I was extremely nauseous with my last pregnancy and the magnetic bands really helped. Hope it eases soon.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My first pregnancy I had nothing. My second pregnancy I was so sick from week 6 to week 16. This pregnancy was planned and I was so unwell I told the dr I didn’t want to be pregnant anymore. It took such a toll on my mental health as well as physical health. The dr gave me accupunture as a last resort and it worked wonders. I was finally able to eat a drink little bits. The baby is now a healthy 6yr old girl that I wouldn’t change for the world. She was worth it but the sickness is the reason I never had a third one.
I hope you start feeling better soon!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List