Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 16 Oct 19, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
VIP Dibber

Husband leaving us

Im awake at this hour reeling from the news that my husband has been having an affair and is leaving me and the two kids. He doesnt want to be married anymore. Next year was to be our 20th and had a Disney holiday planned.
Things havent been right for a while, since I started my master degree last year hes just changed completely. Hed always adored me I felt but that seems to change, I could feel. There was some internet cheating earlier this year, that I tried to forgive for the sake of the children, he was sorry and promised that he loved me. Things improved, I tried my end to be more loving as hed said he needed that. I suppose things felt more platonic after all these years and there been trust issues with finances etc.
I feel so stupid for being a kept woman all of these years and am panicking now about that and the impact on our beautiful kids. I dont know where to turn. Im taking a few days off uni, apparently hes in a hotel tonight as I needed space, but will talk more tomorrow. I feel foolish and alone but accept we had grown apart. Its the kids (17) and (14) that break my heart as they are very delicate emotionally, as am I having suffered bad depression over the years.
Sorry to waffle on.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Edited at 03:26 AM.
Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 19, 03:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Mole hin I'm sorry to read this, but you are much stronger than you may realise, ahh, that old cliche, but I believe many mothers are very strong because they'll ensure their bairns are protected as much as possible. Currently your hubby may be genuine about no longer wanting to be married because of his new relationship or it may be he's in lust and believes the grass is greener elsewhere, only time will tell. However it plays out you'll likely find your way for all parties involved, and if your husband is a good man you'll hopefully resolve in a civil matter, even if you may want to shout at times, as it'll likely be better for you all at day's end.

Good luck hin, there's many Dibbers who'll help support you best they can.
Unread 16 Oct 19, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Mole hin I'm sorry to read this, but you are much stronger than you may realise, ahh, that old cliche, but I believe many mothers are very strong because they'll ensure their bairns are protected as much as possible. Currently your hubby may be genuine about no longer wanting to be married because of his new relationship or it may be he's in lust and believes the grass is greener elsewhere, only time will tell. However it plays out you'll likely find your way for all parties involved, and if your husband is a good man you'll hopefully resolve in a civil matter, even if you may want to shout at times, as it'll likely be better for you all at day's end.

Good luck hin, there's many Dibbers who'll help support you best they can.
Thank you.
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 19, 05:13 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Right now youll feel like the world is caving in. Try and take a step back and some deep breathes.
You will be ok, kids are more resilient than you think. They may surprise you.
You will think of all the reasons why he has done this, but the one thing you mustnt forget is that he has done this not you. He has made his choice.
Do not feel stupid about being a kept woman, were you comfortable and felt safe with how things were? If yes, then theres nothing wrong with that.
You will get through this, you are strong, you are enough. Its amazing how strong 1 person can be when life takes a wee detour.
But if you can, carry on with your degree when you are ready because that is something for you that is yours, you are working hard for that.
Im sorry this has happened, but you can be stronger than you realise. 💕

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Years of saving but it is so worth it.
Unread 16 Oct 19, 05:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lorrie36 View Post
Right now youll feel like the world is caving in. Try and take a step back and some deep breathes.
You will be ok, kids are more resilient than you think. They may surprise you.
You will think of all the reasons why he has done this, but the one thing you mustnt forget is that he has done this not you. He has made his choice.
Do not feel stupid about being a kept woman, were you comfortable and felt safe with how things were? If yes, then theres nothing wrong with that.
You will get through this, you are strong, you are enough. Its amazing how strong 1 person can be when life takes a wee detour.
But if you can, carry on with your degree when you are ready because that is something for you that is yours, you are working hard for that.
Im sorry this has happened, but you can be stronger than you realise. 💕
Thank you
ALWAYS AUGUST!

Unread 16 Oct 19, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

So sorry to read this. My husband left me for someone else when my girls were young so I understand what youre going through. That relationship didnt last and he ended up alone until he died 5 years ago. I moved on but have issues with my current OH who has been online cheating. You will find the strength to get through this. Believe in yourself. Stay strong x
San Francisco
Universal VR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Ready for another one,
Unread 16 Oct 19, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

So sorry to read this Moley, sending hugs for you and the kids xx
dubletrub is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ, 1st time onsite :)
Unread 16 Oct 19, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

You will get through this. First you have to take it all in. You dont just get chucked into this and find your way! It takes time. With every twist and turn you will find the strength you need. Im so so sorry x
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Mexico