Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairysparkled
Excited about Disney

How close were you to his car. Was he not politely telling you to get out of his boot.
Fairysparkled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I don't drive these days (live in a city where public transport is decent and car prices/taxes are insane). But when I used to drive in the UK my car had a dash cam. It was really more for peace of mind, in case of anything happening, and I definitely had a couple of near misses where a dash cam would have come in handy if anything had happened!
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Sorry for asking a stupid question but how do those of you with dash cams hide the power cable (and where do you plug it in)? I hate loads of untidy cables trailing everywhere.
See my Post above yours. We do not have a wire in site and have both front and back DC's
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Had dash cams for years, wouldn’t be without one.
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

To the people asking if perhaps I was too close - not at all because my pet hate is people right up my “rear end” and also I have sensors on my car which are VERY sensitive I keep saying she is a very highly strung woman as it bleeps if someone walks past the car! So if I had been close it would’ve been screaming at me. The first time he did it I actually thought he was in the wrong lane and planned to move back and then swap lanes but he just went back then forward then back again and then forward as the lights changed.
The second time I hung back because it freaked me out the first time and I sort of wondered re the possibility of when they reverse into you and accuse you. On that occasion he put it into reverse and turned round and then took it out and then put it in reverse again and all three of them turned round and looked at me. The lights changed then and I didn’t move until they did because I thought that might be when they slammed it into reverse as I was moving and I’d be accused.
More and more I think it was dodgy I’m definitely going to look at getting a dashcam. Thanks for the tips guys 👍
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

Absolutely sounds dodgy so well done for staying well back. Those sorts of claims would result in whiplash claims from all the occupants too.
Insurance companies love dash cam footage.
I need to get them fitted in our cars too..
jackster14 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

Whereabouts in the country are you if you don’t mind me asking?
jackster14 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jackster14 View Post
Whereabouts in the country are you if you don’t mind me asking?
North west
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List