Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 13, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
So guy when should I be looking to book flights - Oct 14

Hi,

Planning early stages of a proposed visit to DLP for next October.

We will be leaving from Glasgow (or Edinburgh).

Just wondering how early I can book flights? Is it only around 6 months for European flights?

Did a quick check for Easter holiday time and had fab flight prices of under £100 return.

I would like to book as quick as possible for the flights to get them cheap and also secure our dates, I'm assuming I can book DLP and there isn't going to be a huge difference in the overall price.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

from what i've picked up on the boards, dlp prices can vary quite a bit depending on arrival date and length of stay - and will also depend on what type of deal they decide to put with october holiday dates.

travelling outside european school holidays and going sunday to thurs should get you a good price though.

sorry i have no idea about flight info.

if you manage to secure flights early, and dlp prices don't quite work out, you could always book an extra night outside the park etc.

but you will be limiting yourself to whats on offer at the time.

i checked travel prices, then played around with my dlp dates to get the cheapest
offer, grabbed those, then quickly booked my travel.

i am going eurostar though, not flying, so not sure how relevant or helpful i have been! lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jayney16
Serious Dibber

Were waiting to book for next year too, for August.
We want Easy Jet out of Liverpool but they are only booking up to early June at the moment, another couple of months to wait!
Don't know about other airlines though.
WDW International Drive long time ago! DLP Explorers 2004 DLP Davy C's 2010 WDW Beach Club/Hard Rock 2012 DLP Santa Fe 2014 DLP Sequoia Lodge GF 2015 WDW CBR 2016 Planning Port Orleans 2017 (and taking mum!)
Jayney16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post

If you sign up with lowcostroutes they will send you an email when your dates are available to book.
Old 7 Oct 13, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

We, too, are waiting for Easy Jet to release their Glasgow/Charles De Gaulle flights but for next September. Although, we are toying with the idea of going by Eurostar.
Old 7 Oct 13, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jayney16 View Post
Were waiting to book for next year too, for August.
We want Easy Jet out of Liverpool but they are only booking up to early June at the moment, another couple of months to wait!
Don't know about other airlines though.
You thought of going Eurostar ?
We are in the same area

I find it a lot cheaper and easier than flying even with a overnight in london.
Even indirect cheaper than flight.

Last time I did a easyjet from Newcastle to CDG ( I know it gone now)
We didn't get to DLP till after 12 at night and the taxi cost me a fortune
Don't know what flight times are like from liverpool, sometimes you spend all day traveling.

Edited at 06:30 PM.
Old 7 Oct 13, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jayney16
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by twindisney View Post
You thought of going Eurostar ?
We are in the same area

I find it a lot cheaper and easier than flying even with a overnight in london.
Even indirect cheaper than flight.

Last time I did a easyjet from Newcastle to CDG ( I know it gone now)
We didn't get to DLP till after 12 at night and the taxi cost me a fortune
Don't want flight times are like from liverpool, sometimes you spend all day traveling.
Hia,
Oooh you've got me thinking now!
To be honest I never considered it a viable option from here. Wasn't sure about the cost of getting from Durham to London, and never even thought about overnighting!
Have always thought about connecting trains ifkwim, brain clearly not engaging there lol.
Any info you have on booking Eurostar, cheap deals to London, hotels etc would be much appreciated as your right we wouldn't need parking, shuttles from airport etc.
(may even be able to take in a show in London on the return trip)
WDW International Drive long time ago! DLP Explorers 2004 DLP Davy C's 2010 WDW Beach Club/Hard Rock 2012 DLP Santa Fe 2014 DLP Sequoia Lodge GF 2015 WDW CBR 2016 Planning Port Orleans 2017 (and taking mum!)
Jayney16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Hia,
Oooh you've got me thinking now!
To be honest I never considered it a viable option from here. Wasn't sure about the cost of getting from Durham to London, and never even thought about overnighting!
Have always thought about connecting trains ifkwim, brain clearly not engaging there lol.
Any info you have on booking Eurostar, cheap deals to London, hotels etc would be much appreciated as your right we wouldn't need parking, shuttles from airport etc.
(may even be able to take in a show in London on the return trip)
We live in Lanchester where you at ?
How old is ds 2 ? If under 16 get a family rail card, book train to london 12 weeks before i always book on eastcoast.co.uk.
I went to london in August this year for £37 return me and my 3 ds all under 16 so only me as andult.
You can still get cheap trains you just need to book on the day train are released.
I stay at the travelodge at kings cross not nice but cheap £42 a night for a family room. Both kings cross and Eurostar station 2 min walk.
Loads of places to eat my ds1 fave nandos there.
Book Eurostar as soon as the come out I believe aug direct prices out jan. You may be lucky and get the £69 return for aug.
If your not you could go indirect and change at Lille for £69 , I think this is what we will be doing next oct as direct prices seem to go quick in our school holiday times.
There are loads of people do the change at Lille and say it very easy so I'm not worried as we could get a earlier Eurostar train and be in disney by lunch. Indirect are released the same as east coast 12 weeks before.
Ohh my second fav subject west end show we saw stomp (again)and billy Elliot (again)in aug.
only to happy to help xxx

Edited at 06:32 PM.
Old 7 Oct 13, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jayney16
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by twindisney View Post
We live in Lanchester where you at ?
How old is ds 2 ? If under 16 get a family rail card, book train to london 12 weeks before i always book on eastcoast.co.uk.
I went to london in August this year for £37 return me and my 3 ds all under 16 so only me as andult.
You can still get cheap trains you just need to book on the day train are released.
I stay at the travelodge at kings cross not nice but cheap £42 a night for a family room. Both kings cross and Eurostar station 2 min walk.
Loads of places to eat my ds1 fave nandos there.
Book Eurostar as soon as the come out I believe aug direct prices out jan. You may be lucky and get the £69 return for aug.
If your not you could go indirect and change at Lille for £69 , I think this is what we will be doing next oct as direct prices seem to go quick in our school holiday times.
There are loads of people do the change at Lille and say it very easy so I'm not worried as we could get a earlier Eurostar train and be in disney by lunch. Indirect are released the same as east coast 12 weeks before.
Ohh my second fav subject west end show we saw stomp (again)and billy Elliot (again)in aug.
only to happy to help xxx
We are in Crook ( between bishop Auckland and Durham)
Were off to see Dreamboats and Petticoats on Saturday in Newcastle ( other half refused to go see Joseph...) but I would kill (literally! ) to see Wicked!
Have a Disney friend who lives for West End Shows so I will grill her on how to go about getting cheap tickets lol
Youngest son will be 12 when we go so will def look into rail card, and will seriously consider the Eurostar option so I wll prob be annoying you with daft questions for a while
But thanks for the help

Edited at 06:44 PM.
Old 7 Oct 13, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post

We are in Crook ( between bishop Auckland and Durham)!
Were off to see Dreamboats and Petticoats on Saturday in Newcastle ( other half refused to go see Joseph...) but I would kill (literally! ) to see Wicked!
Have a Disney friend who lives for West End Shows so I will grill her on how to go about getting cheap tickets lol
Youngest son will be 12 when we go so will def look into rail card, and will seriously consider the Eurostar option so I wll prob be annoying you with daft questions for a while
But thanks for the help
Not that far from us
To far from disney
Have yet to see wicked but it's on my list.
Bet you have a great time at dreamcoats
Did you go to see grease at the gala in aug it was fab I know only kids but was excellent.
No prob about questions I been to DLP 9 times 10th visit next march we always used to fly but tbh even if easyjet started flying again I would still go Eurostar, done it 3 times now. No worrying about how heavy your case is no bus/ taxi to disney and train do give you kids prices not like flights.xx

Edited at 07:01 PM.
Closed Thread