Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Dec 15, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by trrence View Post
Hi.

From landing to check in at a Disney Hotel has always taken us between 2 hours and 2 hours 30 minutes. We have been staying onsite for the last 6 years and it has always been in that range.
this is good to know. i was averaging at 3 hours so it's nice to get an actual number

does anyone know the route in which the Magic Express takes? just wondering how many resorts we'd get to see before getting dropped at SSR
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 15, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
does anyone know the route in which the Magic Express takes? just wondering how many resorts we'd get to see before getting dropped at SSR
there is no set route ... each bus will have different people going to different resorts - they fill the buses as people arrive and they usually have drop-offs at 3 or 4 resorts but I have no idea how they decide which order to do them in, although we noticed that they seemed to start with the resort the most people were going to but maybe that wasn't deliberate
Old 24 Dec 15, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

i guess at least that way you get to have a nosey at other resorts if you're not first on the list to be fair, it wouldn't bother me if we were on the bus for a little while. the kids will just be excited to be there! ( and they have a strange obsession with buses hah)
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tee1
Imagineer

We've booked a car for the first time for our trip in August. BUT I'm taking the Magical Express to the resort after the 10 hour ish flight, that way I won't be stressing about getting to the resort/tolls etc. Picking up the car from the Disney Car Care Center the next day, dropping it off there on the last day, Magical Express back to MCO.
tee1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

I like the flexibility of having the car option as well as Disney transport. Some days we just didn't fancy the buses or were aiming for a particular ADR and wanted to know we'd get there, other days we wanted to be able to have a drink or just didn't want to drive! Being able to go offsite is really useful for dining and shopping and I'm not sure I'd want the hassle of booking taxis all the time.

Next time we're thinking of getting Magical Express (we flew to Sanford last time so not an option) and picking up car from CCC so DH doesn't have to think about driving after the long flight.
Old 1 Jan 16, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Belated thank you for all your advice everyone! Think it sounds like we will go for no hire car and just be patient with the buses/Magical Express (have practice waiting far longer than expected for buses anyway!). Uber to Universal looks very reasonable too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

if you check the uber site you can get an average price for getting to Universal from your hotel
Old 2 Jan 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Car everytime for us, just makes the holiday so much more flexible less time waiting and easy to get to other hotels for meals.

Edited at 07:11 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread