Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jul 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ToElleWithIt
a Friend of the DIBB

Character meals and best option for adult night out

What do you think is the optimum number in a 14 day stay for a 2 and 4 year old? Which ones would you go for? Both are boys if it makes any odds and we’ve done Crystal Palace before so would like to skip that. I don’t love eating buffet style so would like to balance the kids’ enjoyment of the characters with my enjoyment of my meals!

I’m thinking breakfast at Ohana (we’re staying at the Poly), Tusker House for breakfast / lunch, and Hollywood & Vine for lunch. Do these sound like the most age appropriate options?

Secondly we’re hoping to get a babysitter for 2 nights and get out for an adult only dinner. Which restaurants have the most adult vibe – we’d be going at about 8pm? It’s not that we don’t love kids (obviously) but looking for a more adult setting when we’re out without them. I’m thinking of one signature restaurant and either a second signature or somewhere like Trader Sam’s if that has a good buzz.
ToElleWithIt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Narcoossees at the Grand Floridian and Flyish Fish at the Boardwalk were our favourite signatures of the holiday ... although we didn't do all of them.

California Grill Brunch was fab as well but is only available at certain times on a sunday so may not fit your plans.

My favourite non-signature was probably Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The service was brill and you can watch all of the zebras and giraffes outside.
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
McP-family
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I would advise skipping Hollywood and Vine, we really didn't like it last year. Tuskers is great though.

How about Garden Grill at Epcot? We haven't done it yet but will be doing in a few weeks.
Old 13 Jul 17, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

My son loved the kids club at the Beach Club when we had an "adult evening"
Cheaper than a babysitter and much more fun for e kids , there are activities and also spots to snuggle down to sleep with a duvet.
That location would give youeasy access to the yachtsman or any of the EPCOT restaurants or even the Boardwalk.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ToElleWithIt
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
My son loved the kids club at the Beach Club when we had an "adult evening"
Cheaper than a babysitter and much more fun for e kids , there are activities and also spots to snuggle down to sleep with a duvet.
That location would give youeasy access to the yachtsman or any of the EPCOT restaurants or even the Boardwalk.
I think kids have to be 3 to go to the kids club and our youngest will only be 2 this trip, but we will definitely use it on future trips.

Hmm thanks for the feedback. Will nix Hollywood and Vine. Two character meals may be sufficient. I thought about Garden Grill, but the kids are not really familiar with Chip and Dale so I'm on the fence. Would be interested to hear what you think of it.

I'm going to check out Narcoossees. I have already earmarked Sanaa for a dinner with the kids as I think they'd love the animals and the food sounds fab!

Thanks for the feedback everyone
ToElleWithIt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Sanaa is really, really good - wise choice!

The first time we did a "night out", we put the kids in the kids' club at the Poly and went to the California Grill for dinner and drinks, and it worked really well.

We've been to the California Grill a fair few times (also with the kids) and it never disappoints. It would be my suggestion.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List