Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Oct 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

seaventure for claustrophic wusses !

Hi

I am tempted to do seaventure when we go in a couple of weeks but both I and another member of our party are a bit unsure if we will be ok.

I am not the bravest when it comes to being under water - when I first start putting my face in to scuba dive at DC i feel all panicky and can only stay on top of the water - not dive down. After a minute or 2 though I am ok.

I am not the strongest of swimmers either.

I think i would be ok with the helmet and once I am under water I think I would cope ok but its the initial getting into the water etc that might make me a bit panicky.

Can anyone who has done it offer any advice?
Oct 14 Villa, HRH, AMI - Oct 16 Villa, HRH, AMI
OCT 18 Villa, AMI- June 2019 R&R AMI 17 nights
x_Ange_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I can't stand a scuba mask unless it's a full face mask that's a win win for me now
I took was ill at the thought of the sea venture but DH wanted to try it i explained my fears at checking they arranged for me to have a couple of mins on my own to see how I got on with the helmet all I can say loved every minute of the experience and didn't want to come up the sent down an extra guide to be by me in case I had to come up before every body else loved loved it
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I too was worried but it was brilliant. The staff are so understanding. I entered the water really quickly and was fine. When we came back up they took the helmet off really quickly as I had explained my concerns.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I did Sea Venture when I went there a couple of weeks ago. As I was climbing down the ladder and they put the helmet on me I panicked, couldn't breathe. I went back up and they took the helmet off me. I then took a few deep breaths, gave it another go and was fine. It turned out to be my favourite part of the day I absolutely loved it, just walking among the fishes, experiencing being under water. There were 8 people in the group and 3 divers with us who were amazing. If I ever return to DC it'll mainly be for Sea Venture.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

They were brilliant with looking after people on the seaventure. Just talk to them before had . I struggled to get my ears to pop and had to keep trying a couple of times but they were really good about it.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I had a water-proof camera and one of the divers took this pic of me

Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
SuperCSG
Trying for More Ears

I get claustrophobic myself but find the distractions of the fish and interactions wholly override my fears.

The tricky part is getting in. If you are not the last of your party you are standing still for a couple of minutes whilst everyone else joins you. The guide distracts you by blowing bubbles etc but if you talk to them they will be very understanding and help you through it.

Once in and moving you'll forget you are underwater and, I predict, will thoroughly enjoy the experience.
SuperCSG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
burnoutbabe
Getting Excited

i did it and hated every moment of it. I just felt so unsafe trying to walk around, the floor is not nice and flat, there wasn't always a rail to hold onto to get around and i felt like one trip and my head would bob forward and i'd be under water. Trying to guess where the hand rails was with the very disrorted vision was hard too.
At the end they said "now that wasn't so bad was it" and i thought yep, it was that bad. Like not panic inducing for me, but just a not fun experience for me most of the time.
burnoutbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List