Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Oct 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyPCLI View Post
Have a fab night!
Thank you very much! 😀
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just done our 3rd house, now in queue for Stranger Things (105 minute wait)

Did 2 last Friday when with a friend & spent the day at IOA (Not Recommended! )

If we can manage 8/10 houses we will be thrilled!

Atmosphere is AMAZING!
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
For those who may be unsure about trying HHN (as I was, but the Wife and Younglings thought it would be a laugh) give it a go, it was great fun and very well done. I really enjoyed the whole thing.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For those out there and have done the stay and scream which is the best holding area for stranger things and also poltergeist. We fly k Thursday and are planning on napping on the plane so we can go straight to the park after checking in at cabana bay
Old 13 Oct 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Originally Posted by johnny1352 View Post
For those out there and have done the stay and scream which is the best holding area for stranger things and also poltergeist. We fly k Thursday and are planning on napping on the plane so we can go straight to the park after checking in at cabana bay
Stranger Things house queue is at the front of Production Central, Poltergeist just around the corner. The holding area for both is accessed by the Transformers ride (like a park area). On early release they lead the vast majority towards ST, with some heading for Poltergeist. We opted for the latter because I was a fan of the film. ST we queued for later with a stated wait time of about 95 minutes, we got through in around 50.
Both excellent houses BTW.

Edited at 10:04 PM.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
Stranger Things house queue is at the front of Production Central, Poltergeist just around the corner. The holding area for both is accessed by the Transformers ride (like a park area). On early release they lead the vast majority towards ST, with some heading for Poltergeist. We opted for the latter because I was a fan of the film. ST we queued for later with a stated wait time of about 95 minutes, we got through in around 50.
Both excellent houses BTW.
Thanks for the info on the holding areas.
Old 13 Oct 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Originally Posted by johnny1352 View Post
Thanks for the info on the holding areas.
Some decent food and drink stalls in the holding area too. Bonus.
Old 15 Oct 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Johngela13
Trainee Dibber

Hi All
Just for information if anyone else plans on going...

We bought Frequent Fear Plus tickets meaning we could go any / multiple nights except Saturday. We had Universal tickets too.

Since this was our first time we chose the holding pen at the back of the park so we would not be put off by the queues. It was a Wednesday. We did 5 houses in the first hour! We then, unthinkingly joined the queue for Poltergeist and ... 85 mins later realised just how bad the queues could be!

The second visit was the following Friday (Columbus day weekend). This time we went into the Finnegans Holding pen and tackled Stranger Things and Scary Tales. All complete within the 45 mins. We then chose to enjoy the scare zones some more and do the show.

Our final visit was last Wednesday. We went in Finnegans pen again but headed to carnival graveyard and on down to Halloween. We had to wait a little but it meant we were done by 6.30. We then headed to the back and did Dead Exposure again and Blumhouse.

Our favourites were Polterrgeist, Stranger Things, and Dead Exposure (the strobe lighting made the scares more effective and unexpected - very disorientating).

We had a fabulous time and hope to return in a few years. Next Orlando visit will be Disney based though (this was was all universal and Seaworld).

Tips: be prepared for the cost of alcohol - not bad for themeparks but it soon adds up - plus you can then need a pee when stood in line for a house which is not ideal!
Johngela13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
gogs
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi,
Thought I'd post how my DD (aged 11) & I got on last Wednesday (10th Oct) at HHN.

Note: There are some minor spoilers in what I've written about the houses, not too many & nothing too detailed though!

We were staying at the Aventura but my wife dropped us off at the Hard Rock Hotel - to avoid the citywalk/HHN traffic - just before 6.30 & we walked round to the hotel guest's entrance, this was a bonus because the queues at the main gate were quite long.
We strolled in & walked up through the first scare zone, I really enjoyed the atmosphere compared to during the day, much more going on in the general park areas & there was a real buzz in the air (not just from the chainsaws!).

We went straight to Poltergeist & because I'd bought fast passes as a treat we walked straight on (the normal queue was 50 mins by then) - my DD loved it even though she hadn't seen the film. The general creepiness & scares were fantastic - I just about jumped out my skin when the medium lady came sliding out on a chair!

We then went to the Vamp 85 scare zone which we loved, the music & 'vampires' dancing was very good. It was hilarious watching them scare people who were just chatting or playing on their phones.

After this we walked round to Scary Tales which (due to the amount of jumpy-scares) really scared my DD! Not so much that she didn't enjoy it but it was very intense, I thought the witch flying out above our heads at the beginning was very good.

We then went to the Chucky scare zone (excellent scary toys who really got into character & interacted well with people - the monkeys especially were brilliant!), the killer klowns (really fun area & the clowns were happy to pose for pics etc) & the Simpsons area where the chain saw guys were running around - my DD definitely didn't like them! Still we had a laugh sitting in Mo's tavern watching people get scared.

After that we went on some rides (Gringotts, MIB etc) & as it was now about 9.45 decided to do Stranger Things then RRR & head home.

After walking down to ST we noticed there was a backlog of people in the FP queue - speaking to the Universal bods this appeared to be because people had bought half-price FP's for 10pm but were joining the queue early. They were kept at the entrance & some at the first ticket check point & we carried on through.
ST was really really well done - if you've seen the show some of the scenes were replicated almost exactly - it was actually like being in the show itself. The scene with Eleven & the Demigorgon especially was fantastic. My DD got really scared at... some mist! Only when she opened her eyes properly did she realise & we had a good laugh about it.

After this we went on RRR one more time & then both headed back to the hotel about 11 ish.

On the way out we gave our FP's to a couple of girls so they could use them on the other houses we hadn't been to.

We absolutely loved HHN & would definitely go again - in fact I personally preferred it to going during the day!

Gordon
gogs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jerseyboss
Earning My Ears

Mobile

We've only been once last Sunday and the crowd levels were horrendous. We've not got fast passes and we can only go weds Thurs next week so we might have to buy one each even though they are very pricey but we could only do two houses last Sunday and that was with stay and scream too.
The shortest queue time was two hours regardless of house (although scary tales did drop to 75mins later on) I even checked the queue times when we got back to the hotel at around 11.30 they were still near the two hour mark according to the app.
Around 9pm we couldn't see the scare zones as it was so full of people.
I don't know if it's always like that on Sundays, I've been in the past and never seen crowds like it but were hoping for a better chance of doing the other 8 houses next week.
jerseyboss is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List