Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Oct 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

We also thought soarin was awful, everything was bent, we had a another fastpast for it later in holiday and cancelled it as didnt want to waste our time riding it again, shame as i loved the old one :-(
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Soarin used to be my favourite ride but sorry not the over CGI'd new version, especially the sand throwing elephant ! Such a shame they 'updated' it.
Old 15 Oct 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Party of 5
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Party of 5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Still one of our favourites, especially my 4 year old, even with the slight distortion. I'm currently burning my bath and bodyworks 'turquoise waters' candle, recreating the smell of the ocean in flying over Fiji. Also smells very similar to FOP ride. It makes us all want to go back 😔.
Party of 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

I thought the update sounded simple- re-film better scenes in a better way...but nope, it is ruined for me now.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

What annoyed me was it is supposed to be soarin' around the world but it doesn't go in any logical order - just hops around all over the place.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

We used to love soaring and have in the past road it several times in succesion at the end of the day. But no more, the film was boaring , bent and no smells. I complain to the CM on exiting , part of the response was Disney spent a lot money of this and other excuses which were so bad I actually went to guest services and reported the CM for poor customer service. At guest sevices they ackowledged the issues but did not offer any solutions not even to re-ride in the centre.
So Soaring is now off our list and actually means we will probably leave the lands pavillion alone as well now as its down to 2 attractions. Are they actually trying to kill that place off?
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
welshboy58
Helping Donald

soarin

well i didnt know this issue has been going on for 2 years now! ,surly disney would have road tested everything before unleashing the ride on the general public wouldnt they?,it certainly looks like nothing is going to change any time soon,shame really cos soarin is probably the biggest "pull"for a lot of people to decide to spend their money on a trip to epcot,

welshboy58
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by welshboy58 View Post
Hi all,just got back from the land of fun,another fab time,we done just the disney parks this time so we intended to stay at each park from morning to evening,magic kingdom was first up,really enjoyed and the fireworks were awesome.Next up was animal kingdom another great day out then a chill out for the next 2 days to recharge the batteries so looking forward to epcot..oh dear what have they done to soarin,we were looking forward to "flying over"the orange groves of carlifonia and "smell" the oranges well that is no more, and when we flew over the eifel tower it was bent like a bananna! then we made our way to the lands,the wife was looking forward to Norway to go on the" frozen" ride,well after waiting in line for an hour thats an hour of my life i"ll never get back,on we went to the American adventure! less said about that the better! i said to the wife i need a drink after that so we headed to the rose and crown for a nice cold pint of strongbow £8 a pint! . I had another one to get over the shock of the price! All in all a fab time just wished they didnt mess with soarin.

welshboy58
OH said the same about the price of the drinks we were going to drink around the world but at those prices we would need to take out another mortgage 😄😄😄.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I’ve never liked ‘Snoaring’ - never got the hype, ridden it several times and wondered each time why I’d bothered.
Seriously thinking of not bothering with it next May

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by welshboy58 View Post
Hi all,just got back from the land of fun,another fab time,we done just the disney parks this time so we intended to stay at each park from morning to evening,magic kingdom was first up,really enjoyed and the fireworks were awesome.Next up was animal kingdom another great day out then a chill out for the next 2 days to recharge the batteries so looking forward to epcot..oh dear what have they done to soarin,we were looking forward to "flying over"the orange groves of carlifonia and "smell" the oranges well that is no more, and when we flew over the eifel tower it was bent like a bananna! then we made our way to the lands,the wife was looking forward to Norway to go on the" frozen" ride,well after waiting in line for an hour thats an hour of my life i"ll never get back,on we went to the American adventure! less said about that the better! i said to the wife i need a drink after that so we headed to the rose and crown for a nice cold pint of strongbow £8 a pint! . I had another one to get over the shock of the price! All in all a fab time just wished they didnt mess with soarin.

welshboy58
we have not bothered with epcot for the last 2 visits mate,to be fare the price for a cider or beer is pretty much the same all over the parks,but for us we find the other Disney parks better suits us,plus we love the US IOA
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List