Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Jul 17, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

Soooooo annoyed...character dine

So annoyed with MIL & FIL.

We're out here at the moment...our first visit (PIL have been here before back in 2002).

Just before we discussed what ADR's we wanted - we're staying off site in a villa. It was decided we'd do Askershus for our 5 year old daughters treat, Tusker House, Beaches & Cream and BOG breakfast.

Today I was taking to PIL about Askershus as we go on Wednesday. PIL now want all ADR's cancelled as they're too expensive :angry:

When we discussed booking them we told them the price point and they said yes, fine. Now they've changed their minds - fair enough but both of my boys have been/about to go on their treats (Legoland yesterday for eldest and KSC tomorrow for youngest son).

We can't cancel them off because they wouldn't be able to get to the parks without us as we'd have the car.

I'm so angry and disappointed as I was really looking forward to taking O for breakfast with the princesses, seeing her reaction etc.

xx

WDW July 2017
Lapland Dec 2024
Disneyland Hotel 2025
Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Can you not split up for a bit while you are at Epcot. You go and do your character dinner and point them in the direction of Sunshine seasons.
It doesn't matter if you don't all show up, you only get charged the $10 per person cancellation fee if nobody shows. At least you'd then get to give your daughter her treat.
If you can't do beaches and cream you can share the Mickey pants sundae at MK and you get to keep the pants.
Is your tusker house connected to Rivers of Light if so insist you all keep that one.
What time is your BOG? If it's a lunch you can just order drinks and cupcakes to experience the theming.
Hope you get sorted with something.
Old 9 Jul 17, 04:20 AM  
Link to this Post

It is PIL holiday too and their money and maybe they only just realised it is too expensive for them. That does not mean you need to let your daughter down, of course you shouldn't, you can still go with her.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just drop them somewhere and go yourselves. Or send them somewhere in an Uber. It's annoying, but definitely not worth getting upset over.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

I would ask myself these questions knowing what my PILs are like i would never ever take them.
1. Are they contributing financially to holiday if so then they do have a say! compromise could theh go off and do their own thing... explain you will pay for these and they will not be affected financially.
2. if tge PIL are dead against it explain what they are like inside if they have not been? explain they could just order a starter and then go...!
3. Don't let it get to you... just try to compromise you are in the most magical place on earth you can meet princesses in other places... yes character dines are lovely but don't let it get to you!
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would still go. You can drop them somewhere or they can stay at the villa. If they've changed their minds that's fair enough but they can't expect the kids to miss out.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I would politely tell them that is fine, and if they are sure cancel them off the booking. I would tell them that your DD is having her treat and go with whoever wants to go, they can look after themselves for the day. Sounds like it might get strained if not already for the holiday so be prepared to be fluid in your plans, do what YOU want and let them, politely, to sort themselves out. If it means taking the odd Uber so be it. It may do you good to have a break.

We went away last year with family, it was great until second to last day, on the last day we agreed to all do different things, and it was fine. Mum, DS and sister went shopping and other sister, niece, DH, DD and me all went aquatica.

The trouble going with a group is that everyone is different and copes in the heat differently and have different expectations of holiday, but if they knew the cost of this before hand they should have said at the beginning they didnt want to go. Perhaps they are struggling to keep up with the kids! It must be really hot at the moment.

Take back control of your holiday, if they want to do different that is perfectly OK, but at the same time they cannot expect you to do exactly what they want either. Smile sweetly and tell them they can meet up later that evening at the villa and you can all share the different days you have had over a pizza and beer!

Keep remembering this is YOUR family hilday too, getting around with Uber is easy if you have different plans.
Old 9 Jul 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Can you not split up for a bit while you are at Epcot. You go and do your character dinner and point them in the direction of Sunshine seasons.
It doesn't matter if you don't all show up, you only get charged the $10 per person cancellation fee if nobody shows. At least you'd then get to give your daughter her treat.
If you can't do beaches and cream you can share the Mickey pants sundae at MK and you get to keep the pants.
Is your tusker house connected to Rivers of Light if so insist you all keep that one.
What time is your BOG? If it's a lunch you can just order drinks and cupcakes to experience the theming.
Hope you get sorted with something.
This is excellent advice

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post

The character meals will take a maximum of one and a half hours each. I would keep the ADRs and let the in laws wander round the parks on their own or go to a QS place.

Keep the Beaches and Cream one too, in laws can have a look round the Boardwalk and Beach/Yacht Club.

I definitely wouldn't cancel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You can amend the people on the booking so you don't get charged ( you probably wouldn't anyway but it's peace of mind and frees it up for someone wise) . I would suggest what rescuer said.
If they went in 2002 they probably are realising how expensive it actually is now . Try to sit down and talk as it's the biggest part of holiday arguments with families, Lack of communication . I hope you get it sorted x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List