Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Jul 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Buying Gift Cards

I was thinking of buying gift cards (or ecards) for restaurants I know I'll be eating in (2 adults) - Mannys Chophouse, Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory). Is this a good idea? Has anyone ever done this before?

I know its psychological but I think it'll feel like i'm not using as much spending money on food and have more to spend on goodies if I pay for part of it up front.

Any thoughts?
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn't, just because plans could change so easily you could end up not using them. But I know some like to pre pay for as much as possible, maybe look on group on for deals & join restaurant mailing lists just before you go for discount vouchers too.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SnRmam
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi, this year I have tried to buy different things before we go. We booked last year and I have bought bits and pieces and just put them in a folder. I have got eCards for Tony Roma's, Bahama breeze, miller's ale House and hooters. They are all 50 dollar ones. I just think I haven't missed the money and I know we will eat in these restaurants 😀
SnRmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

When ordering eCards (I tried Millar Ale House) what address details etc do you put in. There is no option for UK.

Thanks x
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SnRmam
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by myvot View Post
When ordering eCards (I tried Millar Ale House) what address details etc do you put in. There is no option for UK.

Thanks x
I ended up phoning the restaurant ( free calls with my network) they sorted it for me...bit of a hassle but I have them now. It was getting on my nerves by the end with the address, I even put in the hotel address but then my bank declined the payment,( me being stupid).
SnRmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I've been buying e-cards too - all with non expiry date. I've found the easiest way (due to the address issue) is to buy them from Amazon.com where there is so much choice. When you go to check out use your normal amazon.co.uk account details (if you have one) and then tell it which credit card to use (I have a prepay dollar card). So far I have cards for Longhorn, Olive Garden, TGIs, Rainforest Cafe, Cheesecake Factory, Earl of Sandwich, Bob Evans and Starbucks. I also have cards for Denny's but I bought them from the Denny's website and they posted real cards to me in the UK (for the same price as postage in the US).
Fenland girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Brilliant info Fenland girl, thanks for the tip about Amazon.com.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
You're welcome - hope it helps someone
Fenland girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SnRmam
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fenland girl View Post
You're welcome - hope it helps someone
Thank you! This will help me, I was wanting a rainforest cafe one. Will probably end up buying a few more now. 😀😀
Old 11 Jul 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by SnRmam View Post
Thank you! This will help me, I was wanting a rainforest cafe one. Will probably end up buying a few more now. 😀😀
If you haven't already, buy the Landry's card. Costs $25 which is credited back to the card and put the month of travel for your birthday - you'll get an additional $25 (every year) for that month. It will also give you priority seating - whether there is credit or not.
Can be redeemed in Rainforest, Yak & Yeti, T Rex, Bubba Gumps and a couple of others.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List