Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Jul 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Where is the nicest quick service evening meal

It's our 30th anniversary when we're away, yes I know I need a medal or maybe DH does. I know we could pay for a lovely meal somewhere and we may just do that however if we used our quick service credits where would you eat?

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Smileeeyore
Proud to wear my Ears

Smileeeyore's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wolfgang Puck Express in Disney springs. You'd get served like at a table service and would get proper plates and cutlery. The food is great too.I think it's the best value quick service on property.
Smileeeyore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smileeeyore View Post
Wolfgang Puck Express in Disney springs. You'd get served like at a table service and would get proper plates and cutlery. The food is great too.I think it's the best value quick service on property.
I agree with this too!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The new one in Pandora is meant to be very good, albeit maybe not the ambience for an anniversary. Saana (table service) at Animal Kingdom would be nice for an anniversary, or Narcoosees at Grand Floridian, but personally I think the latter is overpriced but it is nice and the right atmosphere.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I'd probably go to one of the deluxe resorts. None of the QS meals are that special (IMO) but you could soak up the ambiance afterwards. Otherwise, consider Wolfgang Puck Express in DS. You get table service but it's still technically a QS as it's counter ordering.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 03:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
It's our 30th anniversary when we're away, yes I know I need a medal or maybe DH does. I know we could pay for a lovely meal somewhere and we may just do that however if we used our quick service credits where would you eat?
I do not think I would consider any QS for an anniversary dinner. The ones I tried were loud, busy to the point of over-crowded and completely lacking in ambience. But perfectly functional and did their job, which is to quickly refuel. There wasn't any that I would want to dawdle over.

Book yourself a TS.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I know it's not a QS but it's not as expensive as a TS, afternoon tea at GF. IMO it's a more unusual way to celebrate an occasion. I think you can enjoy a glass of bubbly with your sandwiches.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jeff456
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

As others have said Wolfgang Puck Express at the marketplace is probably your best bet!
WDW- Feb 1999-AS Music, Oct 2000- AS Movies, Oct 2005- AKL, Oct 2006-Offsite, Feb 2008-AS Music, Aug 2010-POFQ, Aug 2012-OKW, Sep 2014 POFQ, Aug 2017 OKW, Aug 2023 POFQ, Jan 2024 - Dockside, April 2024 Villa, Sep 2024 OKW, Dec 2024 - AS Movies

DLP - Dec 2009, July 2011, July 2019, Sep 2019, November 2022
Jeff456 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can't think of any QS place that would serve the purpose of a special anniversary meal TBH. If I had to choose one I'd go for Akershsus as it has lovely desserts.
Old 11 Jul 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I agree that none have the right atmosphere for an anniversary meal but Wolfgang Pucks is probably the best in terms of menu and service. Or there's always Be Our Guest but it's only QS at breakfast and lunch.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List