Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jul 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
acg200587
Earning More Ears

Dessert Party worth it?

Hi,

We've booked the dessert party on tomorrow land terrace for the night of the Mickey's not so scary Halloween party, however, I'm starting to wonder whether it merits the price tag. It's pretty much £200 for four of us and I'm wondering if we may be better off just trying to find a space to watch them and saving the cost? My boys will be 6 and 4 at the time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Amanda
acg200587 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
acg200587
Earning More Ears

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. It wasn't until I'd booked it and thought about the cost that I started to think we'd made the wrong decision to book. I think we may cancel. Does anyone have an idea of where is good to watch fireworks at MK during the Halloween party?
acg200587 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by acg200587 View Post
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. It wasn't until I'd booked it and thought about the cost that I started to think we'd made the wrong decision to book. I think we may cancel. Does anyone have an idea of where is good to watch fireworks at MK during the Halloween party?
...Hi i have also booked the dessert party for the same price as you,and afterwards felt like you and cancelled!..When my daughter came home and i told her about booking then cancelling she said as did my Grand daughter "Oh we would have loved that"! ,so i re booked!..I still feel as you do "what a stupid amount of money"but have decided to keep it! Disney prices in general are crazy! Good luck with what ever you decide,my money was back in my account 3 days later minus £8 (for the cancelled booking) which must be due to the exchange rate!

Edited at 09:57 AM.
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I've booked it but not for a mnsshp night. I do think that it is a waste of party time and have already paid a lot of money for the ticket in the first place . I've mainly booked it for a normal night so we can see hea away from the throng as from what I've seen it's very busy around the hub now , as most people have never seen hea where as many had seen wishes before , but we've never had that on mnsshp nights as it's limited numbers. Main Street is always a good spot providing they don't change the fireworks show but nothing has been said about hallowishes so far.
I dont think anything Disney offers is actually value for money but the experience can be enhanced for a price.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 10:04 AM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

I wouldn't do it during the party to be honest, feels like a waste of party time where you could be trick or treating, meeting characters etc.

I've booked the plaza gardens dessert party for a non party night though. I really want the best view possible for Happily Ever After the first time I see it but don't fancy waiting 2 hours.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Yes i too think the escape from the crowds then could make it worthwhile ! I remember the last Halloween party i went to 2 years ago was so rammed around the hub i felt scared! ..We spoke about it afterwards! The party i booked this time though is a regular night...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Done this twice before and my honest opinion no not worth the money. Desserts all taste the same. It is nice to get away from the crowds though but I think if I was you and especially on a party night I wouldn't bother after paying for that ticket too
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Did it in May.

Table by railings and un-interrupted view of castle. Great Deserts and cheese. Unlimited free drinks.

Seat in the heat worth, double what we paid and just the best show in town.

If you prefer to compete with the masses, enjoy smelly armpits, people with Iphone aloft, big hats and children on shoulders, strollers, I could go on... the I say GO FOR IT.

I would pay double.

Disney332
Old 13 Jul 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Did it in May.

Table by railings and un-interrupted view of castle. Great Deserts and cheese. Unlimited free drinks.

Seat in the heat worth, double what we paid and just the best show in town.

If you prefer to compete with the masses, enjoy smelly armpits, people with Iphone aloft, big hats and children on shoulders, strollers, I could go on... the I say GO FOR IT.

I would pay double.

Disney332
..Thats great to hear! .Can i ask a couple of questions?..First one is ..Are the tables already with names on when entering or is it first come first served? ..second question is ..Do we sit in one place then move to the tables by railings or sit straight down and stay put?..
Old 13 Jul 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
..Thats great to hear! .Can i ask a couple of questions?..First one is ..Are the tables already with names on when entering or is it first come first served? ..second question is ..Do we sit in one place then move to the tables by railings or sit straight down and stay put?..
When we went it was FCFS, so get there at least 1/2 before (they open the area 15 mins early)

The tables were allocated on arrival, so if you get there early you will bag a good un.

The table are fairly close together so there was no space to advance to the railings without sitting on someones lap.

If I had of had a tripod, I could have professionally filmed the whole thing un-interupted.

Enjoy and I hope you appreciate the value of this excellent extra.

PS - I would only do the Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace, there are others, but for various reasons I do not think they stack up.

Disney332