Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Feb 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
magicofflorida
Very Serious Dibber

magicofflorida's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile How likely are Virgin to raise prices?

Hi, my sister has found a price she is happy to pay with Virgin holidays for October 2019 but the only problem is she would need to save for the deposit.
How likely is it will Virgin raise the price by April/May this year which is when she would probably be able to afford it?
magicofflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

How’s long is a piece of string !

I find the earlier you book the better.

Free disney dining will come out in April (if it does) If they want to stay on site.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

It’s the luck of the draw,who knows what they will do,if it were me and liked the price,somehow I would go for it, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
magicofflorida
Very Serious Dibber

magicofflorida's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
How’s long is a piece of string !

I find the earlier you book the better.

Free disney dining will come out in April (if it does) If they want to stay on site.
I did tell her to have a look at the prices once DDP becomes available.
magicofflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
magicofflorida
Very Serious Dibber

magicofflorida's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
It’s the luck of the draw,who knows what they will do,if it were me and liked the price,somehow I would go for it, bondy.
It is a good price which no others could match but unfortunately for them they have to save for the deposit. I seen a price on Travel Republic for 2 nights club level at RPR in 2019 and booked it, the price has only gone up since so happy with that.
Old 15 Feb 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

When we booked our package with Virgin, we did it instore at Debenhams and were able to pay a reduced deposit of only £75 pp as long as the rest of the deposit was paid within the next 6 weeks.

This was only last May, might be worth asking?
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

I've booked several VH holidays for Florida over a year out, around 16-18 minutes ahead and I've never seen my holiday come down in price. Who knows though, their prices are sky high in my opinion for our dates next year. Admittedly not always the cheapest of holidays but if your happy with it and you like securing your holiday then I'd go for it.
Never been able to pay a low deposit with VH, it's always been the £150/£175 each. What I do like about VH is if your circumstances change you can do a date change with your deposit. This year we are going to Florida on a deposit from 2016. Long story short, I booked VH to California for last August, found cheaper price with BA, so went with BA, put our VH deposit onto a Florida holiday last May for this August.
Old 15 Feb 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Susethomasx View Post
When we booked our package with Virgin, we did it instore at Debenhams and were able to pay a reduced deposit of only £75 pp as long as the rest of the deposit was paid within the next 6 weeks.

This was only last May, might be worth asking?
That's good to know, never been offered that before.
Old 15 Feb 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
That's good to know, never been offered that before.
We’d been in a few times previously, to get quotes on various dates etc and I think it was our fourth visit we were booking. They gave us the total price and I advised we’d be back the week after to pay and that was when the girl offered the lower deposit (I did have to sign paperwork stating that the rest of the deposit would be paid in full ‘x’ number of weeks later), in order to secure the holiday (or her sale? *commission*£££).
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

If they haven't got the money yet then they CAN'T book now, whether the price changes later or not, so what the current price is rather irrelevant - bit pointless even looking. Just wait and see, then shop around, when the funds are available.
Personally I think VH see you coming a mile off, and price their package accordingly. VA don't release their flights until 11 months out, so no-one (not even them) know what their prices will be yet. If it is like this year, VA will be changing flights around even then (e.g. no direct flights from Manchester on some days). You can't shop around properly to compare deals, until you have the flight prices. No-one knows how the exchange rate will change, so VH will factor in all the possible risks now to make sure they don't lose out - hence an inflated price. Unless you have specific requirements for a time-limited deal like the Disney free DDP, I'd wait until 11 months then shop around carefully. If you are on a limited budget (which seems to be the case) then shopping around at that time is even more important.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List