Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney to Expand Early Morning Magic

inline imageStarting on 2nd Dec, Early Morning Magic will be bigger and better than ever!

The number of attractions available for you to experience will double, with returning favourites Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, as well as attractions new to the event – Princess Fairytale Hall, "it’s a small world", Mad Tea Party, Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid.

The morning also includes scrumptious breakfast at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe that comes with cheese and cured meats, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, pancakes and more. Breakfast runs from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., and exclusive event-only access to the attractions lasts from 7:45 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

This newly expanded Early Morning Magic will take place select Tuesdays and Sundays and will cost $79 for adults and $69 for children (regular theme park admission is also required). Admission will be limited, so be sure to book your reservation as soon as possible!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	em1.jpg
Views:	52831
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	65141  
Old 27 Sep 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Honeslty, this is only for the rich it seems ! Cant see an average family of 4 doing this
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
Honeslty, this is only for the rich it seems ! Cant see an average family of 4 doing this
You have to remember that Disney is a business !

Looks good and a chance to mooch about without the crowds.

Disney332
Old 27 Sep 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I dont know see. $79 is very steep and you have to pay for a park ticket aswell. I dont know, but I do know... its not for me
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Just under $300 extra for a family of four for a days early admission ? WOW
Old 27 Sep 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

Don’t forget you get breakfast too! , or will that be extra! 😬

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

I don't see this as much of an expansion or upgrade.

I did EMM twice last trip (it was just my son and I so relatively cheap way to avoid rope drop - no way I would fork over the cash for the whole family). Tea Cups was already open (I heard before going that was often the case)... and let's be honest - how many guests paying extra to access the most popular rides are actually going to go on IASW before the park opens? That would be a huge time drain even as a walk on.

Breakfast used to be served in Pinocchio Village Haus, which was centrally located to both SDMT and PP - the two attractions that people are using EMM for. Location-wise switching to Cosmic Rays is an inconvenient downgrade in my view. May seem like a small detail - but when paying that much for early access... every minute counts.

Despite the addition of Little Mermaid, Tea Cups and IASW - 99% of the EMM guests are still going to focus primarily on PP and SDMT. So Disney added a few attractions that most guests won't bother to visit during EMM, and moved the breakfast farther away. I don't see anything here that qualifies as an improvement.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For anyone you doubting this it really is worth every penny .we were a family of 5 in case you wondered and everyone got value from it and raved about it afterwards . A bog breakfast is around $25 each and you get a lot more choice with this , plus you get into the park and ride everything available . We did mine train 10 times and the kids loved it . There are very few people who do this (we counted about 30 ) so you basically have the area to yourself . We did they rides up to 9 am then went across to sis e and were first in the queue then went for breakfast . I can see why they have moved it as most people eat after 9am and move to other areas of the park . Just my opinion .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

One thought occurred to me - Disney added a few more attractions (whether or not they are used is of little consequence...they are offered) and spread EMM out to a larger portion of the parks.

The result... they can sell more tickets and still tag it as an 'exclusive & limited' hard ticket event. Makes sense. Increase the park space and open attractions = increase in tickets sold for the event.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gillh
Getting to know the DIBB

gillh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did this in 2016 and thought it was worth it. There was 7 of us, 4 adults and 3 kids, to see the kids faces running off of mine train then straight back on again made it worth it for that alone. As well as the other rides the breakfast wasn’t bad either. You can just pop in for a coffee and a pastry and then go back again for whatever else you fancy after doing a few more rides. We are doing this again in a few weeks with my daughter and her family, for 2 of her children this will be their first time to Disney and first Magic Kingdom day, I can’t wait to see their faces!
gillh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List