Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Oct 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
emsparkles
VIP Dibber

emsparkles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Since the update I cannot view any of my plans on a desktop. Just comming up as a blank white page. I have access to all other parts of the website but just not my plans. literally only have my phone at the moment.

DVC Member: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort- August 2001 February 2024
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort- March 2020, October 2018 & 2023
Disney's Boardwalk Inn & Villas - February/March 2017 & 2016
Disney's Coronando Springs Resort - June 2013
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2012 & March 2022
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - April 1995 & 1998
emsparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jnc2345
Getting Excited

It's a total miracle MDE works at all. There are so many opportunities for wires to cross and cause conflicts. It's wildly ambitious and breaks down about as much as I would expect. With that said, as a customer-facing product, it's not good enough.
jnc2345 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I feel the whole magic band fast pass thing is a debacle.
10 years ago you used to roam land to land in sequence doing rides on you passed on your way. Now everyone dashing with no reason from side to side of the park trying to catch fastpasses with no logical process just causing crowds. But hey ho that's progress..
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Probably not the worst that title belongs to our government who have wasted millions (if not billions) on various departments systems and then abandoned them.
Old 5 Oct 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
I feel the whole magic band fast pass thing is a debacle.
10 years ago you used to roam land to land in sequence doing rides on you passed on your way. Now everyone dashing with no reason from side to side of the park trying to catch fastpasses with no logical process just causing crowds. But hey ho that's progress..
You don't have to dash from one side of a park to another. The new fastpass system doesn't force this to happen. If anything, there's less dashing around now because with the old paper fastpass system you had to go to an attraction first to get a fastpass and then return later - so you'd have to visit the attraction twice for one ride. Now you can book fastpasses remotely from a mobile device - no dashing to the ride beforehand required.

Even if you've made a mistake in booking adjacent fastpasses for rides on opposite sides of the park, you still have a total of 2 hours in which to go on the first ride and then do the second ride. So there's no need to dash - the parks aren't that big. Plus, for most attractions, you can change the time of the fastpass whilst in the park.

If anything, I suspect people are dashing around because they want to do more (go on more rides, see more shows, etc) than they used to 10 years ago and the new fastpass system helps them to do that.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You don't have to dash from one side of a park to another. The new fastpass system doesn't force this to happen. If anything, there's less dashing around now because with the old paper fastpass system you had to go to an attraction first to get a fastpass and then return later - so you'd have to visit the attraction twice for one ride. Now you can book fastpasses remotely from a mobile device - no dashing to the ride beforehand required.

Even if you've made a mistake in booking adjacent fastpasses for rides on opposite sides of the park, you still have a total of 2 hours in which to go on the first ride and then do the second ride. So there's no need to dash - the parks aren't that big. Plus, for most attractions, you can change the time of the fastpass whilst in the park.

If anything, I suspect people are dashing around because they want to do more (go on more rides, see more shows, etc) than they used to 10 years ago and the new fastpass system helps them to do that.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
I think getting rid of their workforce and outsourcing was a huge mistake for the consumer. Presumably not Disney as they saved a fortune, but the consequence is numerous glitches that happen far too frequently.
I’m not going until next February but I’ve lost track of how many times my reservations have mucked up.
I should have two hotel reservations and a ticket.
I’ve had it all correct, none of it correct, several different permutations of some of it correct. It’s come and gone. It’s been fixed and just as quickly unfixed! It’s worked on some devices and not others! Hopeless! At one time they managed to assign my seven day ticket to my friend who works for Disney in Florida who already has her own ticket expiring 2032!
I personally loathe it. If this is progress as far as I’m concerned you can keep it.
However, others love it and love the guarantees of getting certain rides in advance of entering the park. Also the ability to book not only a dining reservation in advance but your food as well is wonderful for some, along with other stuff, so I guess it’s not all bad.
Just not for me! I hate it so much I’ve visited Florida for the last few years and not even bothered with the parks. I’ve finally succumbed again for 2018 and this latest MDE debacle has reminded me why I’d taken a break.

Edited at 04:45 PM.
CarolynU is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
I think getting rid of their workforce and outsourcing was a huge mistake for the consumer.
I agree with the above. I also know that recent work on the MDE system has led to numerous problems that really are unforgivable. People should not be randomly losing/gaining tickets/reservations.

However, before the current debacle, the system generally worked ok. It wasn’t perfect but then nothing ever is. Several times I turned up to the old fastpass machines only to find them not working and thus having to stand in a long standby queue.

Is MDE perfect? No. Is MDE the worst thing ever? No. Well, it wasn’t... but it might be currently.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I agree with the above. I also know that recent work on the MDE system has led to numerous problems that really are unforgivable. People should not be randomly losing/gaining tickets/reservations.

However, before the current debacle, the system generally worked ok. It wasn’t perfect but then nothing ever is. Several times I turned up to the old fastpass machines only to find them not working and thus having to stand in a long standby queue.

Is MDE perfect? No. Is MDE the worst thing ever? No. Well, it wasn’t... but it might be currently.
Yep. They are working hard to make it such right now lol!
Oh joy. I thought I’d log on to check what I currently have.
No hotel reservations at all! But the good news is I still have my disappearing ticket!
Old 6 Oct 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
I can't link my tickets

Thankfully I got them in plenty of time so will keep trying and default to the phone call if necessary

I'll keep telling them I'm available to help them sort it, maybe one day they'll listen

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List