Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Oct 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gh4
Trading Disney Pins

Advice on first time Disney

Hi just want to know what camera you bring to Disney or do yo just use your phone ?
Also what do you bring with you when in the parks eg: water bottle camera sunglasses sun cream all help and advice welcome
gh4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gh4 View Post
Hi just want to know what camera you bring to Disney or do yo just use your phone ?
Also what do you bring with you when in the parks eg: water bottle camera sunglasses sun cream all help and advice welcome
Our 'mini' bag (rucksack) consists of:

Money/cards
Phone (for FP, dining and own photos)
Memory bank (if needed)
Small towel
2 x bottles of water (usually gone within the hour)
Inhaler

For suncream - use the P20 OAD or similar

No point in carrying lots of things around just in case'

Edited at 01:57 PM.
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
gh4
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks for your great advice didn't think about towel
gh4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Also take a mini rucksack with water,sun cream,ponchos etc, but I take my trusty Panasonic lumix digital camera as it takes awesome photos and has a huge zoom.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

What we always do is buy one of those polystyrene cool boxes you can get from Walmart. Lately we've found the villas we rent appear to always have reusable ones you can use.

We fill it with Ice and put all our drinks in it, so that we always have cold drinks and snacks available throughout the day, and it saves you a tonne of money. We usually have my Nanna in a wheelchair/mobility scooter which makes it an even bigger convenience.
She's always been more than happy having the cold box on her lap in the heat!
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Originally Posted by Fimble View Post
What we always do is buy one of those polystyrene cool boxes you can get from Walmart. Lately we've found the villas we rent appear to always have reusable ones you can use.

We fill it with Ice and put all our drinks in it, so that we always have cold drinks and snacks available throughout the day, and it saves you a tonne of money. We usually have my Nanna in a wheelchair/mobility scooter which makes it an even bigger convenience.
She's always been more than happy having the cold box on her lap in the heat!
we do this and keep it in the boot of the car - when you come out of the park it is fantastic to have freezing cold water
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )

Edited at 03:55 PM.
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

ziplock bags - you will use them for all sorts.(including putting your phone in on splash mountain - should have copywriter that idea)
chewing gum - can't get in anywhere at Disney
disposable ponchos

we get water in the park, use once a day suncream so we travel light. I wear a Kipling Elixea bag - it holds tons and has lots of pockets ( its my airport handbag too) but most importantly it sits flat against me on the rides
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )

Edited at 03:55 PM.
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are a family of 2 plus two boys of 16 and 12.
Broadly, we pack for the park in two ways.

Way one (when having an in park lunch)

Shorts with belt
Flip flops
T shirt
Olympus tough Tg-4 in case on my trouser belt (waterproof and shockproof).
Wallet with cash card, tickets, cash etc.
Car keys

In addition, when taking a picnic into the park, there is a day rucksack with ..
2 bottles of frozen water (vertical and one each side)
Tupperware Sandwich boxes between the bottles containing our lunch.
Fruit.

I guess that we pack light!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I just use my phone (this has been the case since 2015 when I got an iPhone 6 - phone photo quality has only improved since!)

I tend to bring a small bag with small tube of sunblock, sunglasses, tissues/wipes, power bank, poncho (and if it's the rainy season, also flip-flops to change into once it rains). Usually also have one of the foldable shopper bags so that I can put purchases/etc into it and carry them around easily. Oh and wallet and phone of course.

I don't bother bringing around a water bottle with me in Disney, as it's so easy to get free iced water from most counter service places in Disney!
Old 3 Oct 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Wooll123
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

We take as less as possible...
So phone and tickets and money !
Wooll123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List