Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Oct 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
That is a plus if I chose to ride however I would have to sacrifice my FP for a ride so that I can take my son onto a ride that he is actually able to go on. It just doesn't seem very fair compared to the old system. The whole point s so that families can still enjoy the day and this will make it far less enjoyable if they are restricting it in this way in my opinion.
But if you choose not to ride surely you and DS use your FPs on Navi?

As I mentioned before it's likely historical abuse that has caused this change, and as usual the few abusers have now affected every legitimate user, but I still think you do get 'help' from RS to improve your days enjoyment.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pad406 View Post
But if you choose not to ride surely you and DS use your FPs on Navi?

As I mentioned before it's likely historical abuse that has caused this change, and as usual the few abusers have now affected every legitimate user, but I still think you do get 'help' from RS to improve your days enjoyment.
But the point is that Navi is not a ride I would choose to use my Fastpass on (or go on at al tbh) but I can't exactly send my DS on the ride alone so I would miss out on the ride I would actually want to ride FOP so therefore I would be missing out.

That is what I am trying to explain so I wouldn't be choosing not to ride, I feel I am being forced as going to DW is primarily for my kids and I would rather they have fun. I was just saying it is a shame because of how the new system works that I will have to miss out.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
So effectively what you are saying is that because your kids, or your DS, happens to be younger than mine, you should get the use of more FP+ that we do.

I know you have 3 kids, but for the purpose of the below I'm using 2 kids, same as I have.

So we want to ride FOP and Navi (just an example). As they are both T1 we can only FP+ 1, so we'd choose FOP and then standby for Navi.

But, as you wish the system would work, you could FP DH and DD on FOP and you and DS on Navi. So DH and DD ride FOP, you and DS ride Navi, then you and DD ride FOP with RS and (not saying you would do this, but, based on your rules), DH and DS could ride Navi again with RS.

So effectively for the use of 4 FP+ for your family you get
2 * FP+ for DH and DD (FOP)
2 * RS for you and DD (FOP)
2 * FP+ for you and DS (Navi)
2 * RS for DH and DS.
So effectively 8 FP+ in total. Twice as much as we get .
This is what I mean about the abuse of the old system.

pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

So effectively what you are saying is that because your kids, or your DS, happens to be younger than mine, you should get the use of more FP+ that we do.

I know you have 3 kids, but for the purpose of the below I'm using 2 kids, same as I have.

So we want to ride FOP and Navi (just an example). As they are both T1 we can only FP+ 1, so we'd choose FOP and then standby for Navi.

But, as you wish the system would work, you could FP DH and DD on FOP and you and DS on Navi. So DH and DD ride FOP, you and DS ride Navi, then you and DD ride FOP with RS and (not saying you would do this, but, based on your rules), DH and DS could ride Navi again with RS.

2 * RS for DH and DS.
No, I am saying if they would allow 1 adult to go on with my DS as well as allowing that adult to go on the ride that they would be missing out on i.e FOP... Yes I would take my girls on with me if they allowed that but wouldn't expect it if they just allowed a one person swap but still allowed an adult on with my son I feel that would be fair.

Clearly, you have a bee in your bonnet about people using the system which is not my intention. I have paid a lot for us to go and my sons ticket costs the same as an older child's ticket so I don't see because of his size why he isn't able to get a fast pass for a ride he wants and have someone to be with him and why that person who has to look after him on his ride can't have their own pass.
I never said anything about my DH going on Navi or doing a rider swap on that and didn't intend to do that but that is the assumption you have made.

I am saying there should be a fair system where
dh and dds should be able to ride
rider swap for the DW to ride
and DS under height restriction to be allowed an adult to supervise him on his FP.
I am not saying it is fair that people can re-ride on the current system but it isn't fair that DS can't have a ride as well as the rest of the party riding a ride of their chioce.

Don't appreciate it been made out that because I feel all members of the party get a ride of their choice for the FastPass that this means abuse of any sytem.

Not sure I should have to justify this to anyone. My Original comment that I didn't find the system fair still stands

Edited at 03:09 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

I don't think this system is fair when I go I will want to go on FOP but my son who will be 5 won't be allowed.

My plan was to do the rider swap and FP Navi journey for me and my son and Rider swap so I can experience FOP with my girls.

So to do it this way I would have to book a FastPass for FOP but can't send my son on Navi by himself... Doesn't seem very fair on a small child to miss out or the adult either.

Thanks for the info. Can't say I'm happy with the new system
So you can do this, if you can get the FP at the same time, but be aware you have to approach the ride as a complete party. They will ask who isn’t riding, we were a simple party of 3 with 1 who can’t ride, but I believe you can take upto 2 or 3 people back on with you, so your daughters can effectively ride twice for the sake of one FP each.

My experience in DHS and AK, was as I expected it to be, but wasn’t in MK.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
So you can do this, if you can get the FP at the same time, but be aware you have to approach the ride as a complete party. They will ask who isn’t riding, we were a simple party of 3 with 1 who can’t ride, but I believe you can take upto 2 or 3 people back on with you, so your daughters can effectively ride twice for the sake of one FP each.

My experience in DHS and AK, was as I expected it to be, but wasn’t in MK.
Maybe I misread your original post. From the response you received from Disney it looked like you all had to have a fast pass for a particular ride? Is that correct?
I wouldn't be able to get a FastPass for my ride and one for my sons ride as well. Is this just applicable in MK?
Thanks in advance
Old 13 Oct 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Thanks for the info. What I’m not clear on is the return time, can you tell me how that worked? I have two children who are under the height limit and just me and DH so for me and DH to ride back to back is pretty much a no-no as the kids just get too bored. Is there a gap in your return time or is it just whatever they give you? Thanks!
Well... on ToT they just said when he comes off you go on, but on RnR, they set it for 5 minutes later for the return window to start, but I do believe it’s an hour from whenever they set the start time. My original plan for DHS, which didn’t happen as we were later than planned getting in was for DH to ride ToT (me getting rider switch,) and then him ride RnR using single rider, while I took DD to
Beauty and the Beast, and then I would ride ToT and RnR, but because our plans changed, I was able to get a FP for RnR, on the day that went straight after the ToT one.

If I could have stuck with the original plan, DD wouldn’t have got bored in that first hour like she did, but it was just how our day went in the end.

We didn’t have the benefit of 60 day FPs, if we had I would have got 1x Slinky and 2x Alien Swirling for the same time, and we would have done rider switch on Slinky, and while DH was on that do the Saucers (DH can’t do spinning rides,) and then I would have gone on Slinky.

I know some people don’t agree with it, but it’s there to help families, I wouldn’t use it if I didn’t have to, and it made my holiday that little bit easier.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Maybe I misread your original post. From the response you received from Disney it looked like you all had to have a fast pass for a particular ride? Is that correct?
I wouldn't be able to get a FastPass for my ride and one for my sons ride as well. Is this just applicable in MK?
Thanks in advance
So the response I got from Disney does say that, but the website says otherwise. I had no issues in AK or DHS with how I expected it to be, so if those parks carry on applying it in that way then you should be able to do as you wanted to.

Even in MK, they still gave me it, but I guess I’m highlighting that even Disney are applying it differently across the parks, and even in direct conversation are not even agreeing with what their own website says. I think had I used it in MK first I may not have questioned it, but having used it in AK and DHS with no issues, I did.

So I don’t know if it will change or not, but that was my experience.
Old 13 Oct 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Clearly, you have a bee in your bonnet about people using the system which is not my intention.
About the abuse, yes, but if you look back to my original post, I clearly stated that I did not have an issue with what the OP was describing, I'm just trying to see what people that use the RS consider fair for them, and also to the all the other people going. I think the example I gave is a very clear unfair usage of the RS system.

I never said anything about my DH going on Navi or doing a rider swap on that and didn't intend to do that but that is the assumption you have made.
Actually I specifically stated "not saying you would do this"

No, I am saying if they would allow 1 adult to go on with my DS as well as allowing that adult to go on the ride that they would be missing out on i.e FOP... Yes I would take my girls on with me if they allowed that but wouldn't expect it if they just allowed a one person swap but still allowed an adult on with my son I feel that would be fair.
What your suggesting is very close to being fair. I think that if a child who doesn't meet the height uses their own FP on some other ride then an adult should be allowed with them, but that same adult should use their FP on the main ride, FOP in this case. So you would book yourself, DH and the girls on FOP and your DS on Navi. Then either you or your DH could ride with him, FP free, and after/before do your rider switch, and I also think at least 2 others of the party should be allowed on to accompany the original non-rider.

Not sure I should have to justify this to anyone. My Original comment that I didn't find the system fair still stands
You don't, at least as far as I'm concerned, but a discussion on how a fair system could be implemented...

Old 13 Oct 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

2 * RS for DH and DS.
Couple of points, the whole party has to be present to get RS. So if 2 have gone on FOP, they then cannot be present for Navi if it’s at the same time, and secondly Navi doesn’t offer RS as anyone can ride it.

FWIW we FP Navi, I wouldn’t standby for it, it was the weirdest river boat ride ever.

Edited at 03:31 PM.