Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Oct 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
E_Clark
Excited about Disney

Mobile Fastpass and rider switch

Question re fastpass+ and rider switch - last time we went, two years ago, if we wanted to go on a ride the little one couldn't go on, only one of us needed a fastpass for it and the other got given it when we switched, it meant the non-rider could go on a ride with the little whilst they waited. Has that changed now? So for instance at HS if we both wanted to do tower of terror do we both now need a fastpass even if we are going to use rider switch? Thanks
E_Clark is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by E_Clark View Post
Question re fastpass+ and rider switch - last time we went, two years ago, if we wanted to go on a ride the little one couldn't go on, only one of us needed a fastpass for it and the other got given it when we switched, it meant the non-rider could go on a ride with the little whilst they waited. Has that changed now? So for instance at HS if we both wanted to do tower of terror do we both now need a fastpass even if we are going to use rider switch? Thanks
Technically if you have fast passes you dont need a rider switch.

Just go on whilst partner watched small dwarf, then they go on with their fast pass and you watch the dwarf.

The way disney word it, if you wantged to use the rider switch you should all go up to the ride, you will go in the regular queue and they will be given a fastpass for the ride on their magicband/card with a return time. They watch the dwarf and you ride. You come off they then use that fastpass given through the switch and they enter the fastpass line whilst you watch the dwarf.

thats how it should work technically.

If you have others with you apart from the dwarf then 2 of those can ride with the second person on that rider switch fastpass.
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
So you don't need a FastPass for the ride, to begin with, you can just turn up let the CM know you want to use the "Child Swap" and go on.

is it worth Fastpassing anyway? I'm thinking this would skip the regular queue, or will not Fastpassing and using the child swap bring you to the front.
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

The first rider needs a fastpass. The difference now is that the second rider has to scan their magicband/ticket when you request the RS and you get a return time. The second rider needs to return in a set hour window that they tell you. So no more paper tickets.

This explains it a bit better. Hope this helps: disneyparksmomspanel.disney... -go-fp-373883/
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
is it worth Fastpassing anyway? I'm thinking this would skip the regular queue, or will not Fastpassing and using the child swap bring you to the front.
Really you shouldnt be using a fast pass and getting a rider switch, there is another thread and a person was told because they had a fast pass they couldnt get a rider switch...in the end the cast member gave them one but gave them a some bull information how it may impact their fastpasses etc.

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
The first rider needs a fastpass. The difference now is that the second rider has to scan their magicband/ticket when you request the RS and you get a return time. The second rider needs to return in a set hour window that they tell you. So no more paper tickets.

This explains it a bit better. Hope this helps: disneyparksmomspanel.disney... -go-fp-373883/
There is another thread where a person mentioned what the momspanel have said and messaged disney and theyve said different.

Also on the WDW website it says that they should be in the regular queue.

What Is Rider Switch and How Does It Work?
If Guests in your party can’t or don’t want to board an attraction, you don’t have to miss out!

If a child does not meet the height requirement or a Guest does not wish to board a particular attraction, no problem! With Rider Switch, one adult can wait with the non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again!

Rider Switch is available at select attractions at all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks.

To Use Rider Switch:

1. First check with a Cast member to see if Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question.

2. Once at the attraction, approach the greeting Cast Member with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guests who are not riding will be issued a Ride Switch entitlement by the Cast Member and asked to wait in a designated area (usually outside of the attraction). This group is “Party 2.”

3. The other party members (“Party 1”) ride the attraction.

4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2. Then, Party 1 takes over supervision of the non-riding children or Guests.

5. Party 2 enters and boards the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue a second time. The Rider Switch entitlement must be validated by a Cast Member at this time.

If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring up to 2 other Guests back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note that only 3 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
Really you shouldnt be using a fast pass and getting a rider switch, there is another thread and a person was told because they had a fast pass they couldnt get a rider switch...in the end the cast member gave them one but gave them a some bull information how it may impact their fastpasses etc.

There is another thread where a person mentioned what the momspanel have said and messaged disney and theyve said different.

Also on the WDW website it says that they should be in the regular queue.
Yeah I saw the other thread. I’ve been going to WDW long enough to know that those emails from guest services are as reliable as a chocolate teapot. Disney moms panel go through extensive training and their replies are verified - and obviously published for all to see. Where on the WDW website does it say that Fastpasses and RS can’t be used together? I looked a few times before but not since the new system has come in so it would be good to see the WDW website update.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Where on the WDW website does it say that Fastpasses and RS can’t be used together? I looked a few times before but not since the new system has come in so it would be good to see the WDW website update.
It doesnt specifically which ive mentioned in the other thread, Disney need to be less ambiguous. They mention regular rider queue in the post i copied. But no cant use a fast pass.
Old 16 Oct 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
It doesnt specifically which ive mentioned in the other thread, Disney need to be less ambiguous. They mention regular rider queue in the post i copied. But no cant use a fast pass.
I agree, they need to explicitly say. The only thing published officially that I am aware of is the Moms panel reply. Like I say they go though intense training and check and verify all answers, I know as I looked into this process but couldn’t do the training.

I didn’t read that whole thread; I’m sorry I didn’t see your post, I get a tad bored with the same old debate and ultimately people will do as people do. I just saw in your countdown that you are taking your grandkids, so I know you’ll know how it is taking little ones round the parks with you - good luck to anyone wanting to spend their whole day doubling up on FPs whilst their kids wait outside at each ride. That’s no fun for anyone. Mine would be having none of that! RS/FP combo is handy for the odd ‘big’ ride but I can’t imagine the use of it is a big enough issue for Disney to need to change things; I’d like to think the vast majority of families use their FPs for family rides or those annoying characters. I can certainly say my trips to Orlando have changed since the munchkins came along.

I think the only change is the return time but you can still combine fastpass and RS. Time will tell!
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 16 Oct 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Where on the WDW website does it say that Fastpasses and RS can’t be used together? I looked a few times before but not since the new system has come in so it would be good to see the WDW website update.
It doesnt specifically which ive mentioned in the other thread, Disney need to be less ambiguous. They mention regular rider queue in the post i copied.