Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 10, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Coaster Changes Coming to Walt Disney World?

inline image
A couple of stores have come out this past week regarding a couple of the coasters on the Disney property, one that already exists and one that will hopefully exist soon.

The word from Animal Kingdom is that the Yeti has gone missing from Expedition Everest. A screen is covering the area where the audio-animatronic yeti usually stands and will be there until mid June. The yeti has been removed from Everest for some refurbishment, including fixing the movement in the arms, which has been missing for months.

In order to fully fix the animation of the yeti, work needs to be done in the actual attraction. Expedition Everest is in need of a full refurbishment, one that will last close to six months, but this has not been scheduled yet as Disney is obviously hesitant to shut down such a major attraction for that length of time in a park that only has a couple “E Ticket” attractions to begin with.

The other, is at Disneys Hollywood Studios.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monsters-inc-cover (156 x 200).jpg
Views:	333145
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	23160  

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 10, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
The other news regarding coasters comes from Hollywood Studios, but its not about Rockin Roller Coaster. Rumors are flying around the internet again about the Monsters Inc. inverted coaster coming to Pixar Place and these rumors give a little hope to the truth of the rumors. A couple weeks ago it was speculated that work was being done in Soundstage 1, the building where it is rumored the coaster will be, including markers in the building where the track would be laid out. This past week, the rumors have been fueled again. Soundstage 1 has been used for Star Wars Weekends for years, but not this year, causing people to wonder why. As more news about this coaster come out, look here on the DIBB for updates.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 10, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Belle
slightly serious Dibber

Exciting stuff! I hope they do bring a new coaster to Hollywood Studios!

I hope they don't shut Expedition Everest until after we've been in September! Would be good to see them get all the kinks out with the Yeti. It's so state of the art it would be great to see it fully functional.
Princess Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 10, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
kjb442
Imagineer

kjb442's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Any new ride is fine by me. Shame about the Yeti though, I hope they get it sorted as quickly as possible

Kev and Nicci
kjb442 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 10, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jammy31
Apprentice Imagineer

Jammy31's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 24
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Cheers for this Imagineer 2802 !
I like the sound of a brand new rollercoaster coming to Hollywood Studios. A Monsters. Inc coaster does sound rather intriguing. I hope that this development takes place
As for the Yeti, I would've thought that they had a spare animatronic somewhere haha. It would be easier if one broke, for another to be put in and therefore less time spend re-doing it. But then again, I suppose these things cost a bomb to be made, especially on such a realistic looking yeti (if Yeti's look like that of course ! ) But a real shame that it might be down for when I go.

Jammy31 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 10, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
thomas83uk
Getting Excited

a new coaster?! as if i need one but thats an excuse to go back next year!
thomas83uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 10, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rasher
Imagineer

Hope they dont shut the expodition everest ride as it is one of my hubbys favuorites, well as long as it is open next march anyway!
rasher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 10, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Interesting reading!

Always feel that there is something "missing" from that section of DHS - it is crying out for another attraction.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 10, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Does inverted mean upside down? Mean if so- a lot of kids (and wimps like me!) might end up missing out...
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 10, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post

A simulator ride similar to Spiderman at IOA and Simpsons at US would be very interesting!

I think the theme parks have had their fill of coasters.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List