Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Nov 13, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
H

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
I'm going to really miss the regular fastpass system. I loved putting my park ticket in the machine and getting the pass. Sometimes when we accidentally missed our time slot I saved the passes and put them in the scrapbook as souvenirs.
Me too - I have some in my scrapbooks too. We are always a big party and often somebody chose not to ride so I often had one left. Great souvenir to put in your scrapbook.

I can see this is going to cause huge problems for us next year as we have chosen to stay onsite ... The rest of our party are staying in a villa ... How on earth are the fast passes going to work for us ... We have to book 60 days in advance ? I think Disney have got this so wrong.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 13, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
Me too - I have some in my scrapbooks too. We are always a big party and often somebody chose not to ride so I often had one left. Great souvenir to put in your scrapbook.

I can see this is going to cause huge problems for us next year as we have chosen to stay onsite ... The rest of our party are staying in a villa ... How on earth are the fast passes going to work for us ... We have to book 60 days in advance ? I think Disney have got this so wrong.
Nobody is saying you have to book 60 days in advance. You can book them from 60 days in advance.
Old 2 Nov 13, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Nobody is saying you have to book 60 days in advance. You can book them from 60 days in advance.
But if you don't, you will struggle to get the times and passes you wanted
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 13, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
But if you don't, you will struggle to get the times and passes you wanted
Where does it state this? Or is this just a guess as to what may happen
Old 2 Nov 13, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Where does it state this? Or is this just a guess as to what may happen
Only going off my own experiences last week. We couldn't link our tickets and had to wait till we got to Disney (told on the phone and email that the value resorts were not taking part in the test... wrong), so tried to get a FP+ for TSM 2 days in advance after we had arrived to find they had all gone, the following day we could get 7-8pm slot only. We did book it but our other FP+ that day in HS were for 1-2pm and 5-6pm. We didnt bother with the 2nd FP+ as that would have ruined our dinner plans, I could have cancelled bit it would have meant canceling all 3 FP+
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 13, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Understand the problems during the trial phase... But once rolled out, I am guessing it should be different.

Disney a spent millions on this... They know the percentage of on site to offsite guests in a park etc... They will have done all the numbers and are implementing this as a positive change.
Old 2 Nov 13, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Understand the problems during the trial phase... But once rolled out, I am guessing it should be different.

Disney a spent millions on this... They know the percentage of on site to offsite guests in a park etc... They will have done all the numbers and are implementing this as a positive change.
Lets hope so, but I am sure you will find the popular rides in the parks hard to get FP+ unless you book early.
Old 2 Nov 13, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I do realise this! Unfortunately I will not be able to book any if the rest of my party do not have this privilege. So the 60 days is irrelevant.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 13, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Klingon911
Excited about Disney

Just booked TSM for three weeks time, managed to get 0900 to 1000 then Rock and Roller straight after!
Klingon911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 13, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Missin_Disney View Post
Am I being daft but if off site guests wont have magic bands or fastpass+... WHAT ARE THEY TESTING?
They will be issued with a plastic RFID card (size of a credit card) and it will work like the Magic Bands. (Park tickets, ADRs etc.)It's exactly the same technology but presented in a different way.

One implemented I'm sure off siters will be able to book in adavance but it may be tiered like things are on the cruise ships based on the level you have chosen e.g. On site at 60 days.(Now confime) Off site at 30 days. POSSIBLY but yet to be confirmed. Who knows? Until they fully release everything we need to know, current visitors will be guinea pigs for the time being.

They are not going to risk losing the business that off siters create but they are dangling carrots!

Edited at 10:40 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List