Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Dec 14, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Taken from the .gov site HERE
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 14, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lets hope its not too long into 2015 before they scrap the paper part. I assume they need more time to let organisations know about the on-line service and how to access it.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 14, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinewoodblues
Proud to wear my Ears

The DVLA announced on the 17th Dec that the plans to scrap the paper counterpart have been postponed.
Pinewoodblues is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 14, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Actually your wrong. The date of the 1st January has been postponed for the moment. So better not bin it yet.
Hey thanks for that. You look at the .GOV site and they changed it on 24thNov, but all they did was remove references to 1st Jan. No mention of a postponment only when you click the changes button does it say a delay
You saved me 1/2a roll of Sellotape!

Thanks again
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 14, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Hey thanks for that. You look at the .GOV site and they changed it on 24thNov, but all they did was remove references to 1st Jan. No mention of a postponment only when you click the changes button does it say a delay
You saved me 1/2a roll of Sellotape!

Thanks again
Thought I'd better point it out as you stated it as a fact that it was the 1st
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 14, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post

I think we need a sticky megathread for what-ifs...

No driver has ever been prosecuted at the side of a road (in any country) based on the contents of their 'paper counterpart' or any other document.

If a police officer, state trooper or sheriff is going to give you a fine for a traffic violation then they will do so regardless of your driving history. They don't care if you have 3 points for doing 36mph past Sainsbury's in Littlehampton... or 12 for doing 99 on the M6. If you do something which results in you being prosecuted in court then of course your driving history will be obtained through normal channels.

We are not the only people who drive in the US. Does every law enforcement officer have an encyclopedic knowledge of every countries plastic & paper counterparts combinations...

We could do with less of the Little Englander and a bit more common sense
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 14, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by $big_stevie$ View Post
I think we need a sticky megathread for what-ifs...

No driver has ever been prosecuted at the side of a road (in any country) based on the contents of their 'paper counterpart' or any other document.

If a police officer, state trooper or sheriff is going to give you a fine for a traffic violation then they will do so regardless of your driving history. They don't care if you have 3 points for doing 36mph past Sainsbury's in Littlehampton... or 12 for doing 99 on the M6. If you do something which results in you being prosecuted in court then of course your driving history will be obtained through normal channels.

We are not the only people who drive in the US. Does every law enforcement officer have an encyclopedic knowledge of every countries plastic & paper counterparts combinations...

We could do with less of the Little Englander and a bit more common sense
This thread is do you need your paper counterpart. At the moment yes you do. It's not changed yet and no date has been set other than sometime in 2015.

Edited at 06:21 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 14, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Thought I'd better point it out as you stated it as a fact that it was the 1st
But it was when I last looked in November. Teach me not to recheck . Just as well you posted, at least it saved me from the🚔 next May
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 14, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Sounds like the 'what if' just happened!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 14, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As I said in post 1 I was looking for opions at this time no one knows what will happen I said in post 1 that the changes com in force from the 1-01-15 but they changed that to sometime in 2015 . I asked for a plastic cover to cover my li as I had one but know it a bit tatty I was told they no longer do them .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread