Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Feb 15, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
It's like all my posts never happened
Wishful thinking.

Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 15, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

I've been reading this thread. I've completed save time already but no where do I have a link to online check in. I've tried to check in online by going online at Alamo. All my details are there but when I press the button at the bottom of the page nothing happens.
I carnt find anything about skip the counter. Where is this link you mention ? What page of the paperwork?
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 15, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nasty View Post
I've been reading this thread. I've completed save time already but no where do I have a link to online check in. I've tried to check in online by going online at Alamo. All my details are there but when I press the button at the bottom of the page nothing happens.
I carnt find anything about skip the counter. Where is this link you mention ? What page of the paperwork?
That happened to me originally, when did you make the booking?

Did you also input your flight number when you did savetime? If so, you need to remove it on the check in page under the additional info section I think its called (if you booked with an airline not on the dropdown list).

Are you also trying to do check in via the .com site?

Skip the counter is on the alamo website under the online check in page, there's a link further back in this thread.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 15, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

Please bear in mind that "skip the counter" or "straight to garage" is only available at MCO and NOT Sanford. You have to go to the desk or use kiosk at Sanford.

I don't know why Alamo have made it so confusing and can't make it the same process for all customers at both airports!
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 15, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
the.bands
Gone all Goofy

Well here's a tip for everyone. Whatever you do don't login to alamo.com online checkin and then press the 'cancel' button thinking it takes you back to the home page.
After following this thread and taking a look at the alamo site I have just done that and it has CANCELLED my reservation completely.
I now need to go the travel agents and explain what a **** I have been and try to get my booking reinstated!
the.bands is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 15, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
monique
Very Serious Dibber

I don't know why Alamo have made it so confusing and can't make it the same process for all customers at both airports![/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this. Loads of people say "all you need is barcode" and then others say "no that's not enough and you can be send back to counter" . It's very confusing. I have barcode after doing save time but when I do online check-in it tells me my first name is not long enough as it's just my initial. when I booked, I put my whole name in and have other paper work to prove it, yet on the confirmation it has just my initial and now won't let me check in online because of it. I will take a chance and take my barcode to the garage, If I get send back to the counter I won't be surprised, It will be in the back of my mind that it can happen but in the mean time will hope for the best. Maybe I should have stuck with Virgin and wouldn't have had this issue but Alamo Brits worked out cheaper this time.

Disneyland Paris :1995, 2007 and 2011.
Los Angeles Disneyland :1996 & 2001.
Florida: April 2002,May 2004,June 2009,May 2012, April 2013,April 2015,May 2016 & October 2019, May 2024
monique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 15, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

Luckily, this time we booked car hire through Virgin so there was a link in their email to complete Online Check In. I've done that, printed my agreement and have a barcode and it tells me to go straight to the garage.

I really do think Alamo need to standardise the whole thing. But then they wouldn't be able to do the hard sell to tired tourists!
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 15, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
That happened to me originally, when did you make the booking?

Did you also input your flight number when you did savetime? If so, you need to remove it on the check in page under the additional info section I think its called (if you booked with an airline not on the dropdown list).

Are you also trying to do check in via the .com site?

Skip the counter is on the alamo website under the online check in page, there's a link further back in this thread.
Thanks Dan. I've done it! Yeah. Took me a while but I got there. Printed off the new Alamo Bypass Ticket with barcode. Hope I'm sorted now.
Thanks for your help
Btw I booked originally in August last yr.
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 15, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pinman_uk
Having Dinner with Goofy

hi all
below is a message I asked Alamo on their Facebook page..

hello
have a car booked with you for pick up at Orlando Airport.
people have told me I can do something to by pass the check in desk and go straight to the garage?
Is this correct? (savetime /online check in)
thanks

And their reply

Alamo Rent A Car Hi, David! Thanks for contacting us! We're more than happy to explain our online check-in and skip the counter processes.

Online check-in is a convenient Alamo service that greatly reduces the time necessary to process your rental by allowing you to submit your information and driver's preferences ahead of time. Some locations also offer a "Skip the Counter" option that allows you to skip the counter completely and go straight to your vehicle. Simply print out your online check-in reservation and present it at the exit booth, along with your drivers license and credit card.

There are a few qualifications for the "Skip the Counter" process, which can be seen here: alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html/. You can also view the locations which offer this service at the same link (Orlando International does offer it!). Additional information can also be found here: alamo.custhelp/.../a_id/1693/kw/online%20check.

Please send us a private message if you have any further questions. We are happy to help! - Maggie

HOPE this helps everyone its from Alamo so MUST be correct !
Old 9 Feb 15, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

well done pinman,

although that was a fun 5 pages of reading!
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread