Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Sep 15, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jonsey7 View Post
Hi all, out here now and have taken the plunge and used Uber a few times. Have been getting the price in dollars via the app after each ride but have just checked my credit card statement and am very pleased.
From Disney Saratoga Springs to Universal cost me about £9.50 and from hotel to Florida Mall has cost just over £10. Uber back from Busch Gardens Tampa cost £50
Only negative comment is that sometimes the gps signal doesn't pin point where you are very well and you can see the picture of the car on the map driving around near where you are or going straight passed but this has always been rectified with the driver calling to find out our exact whereabouts
Thats good to know about Busch Gardens. lloking to go next year using free transport but if we feel like coming home early (DH gets tired easily) we have another option. I used them 3 times on our last visit, twice with my son & once on my own & I felt perfectly safe. You know what car to look out for & who the driver is & like other have said there is an audit trail.
Old 1 Sep 15, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

i dont understand about these cars..How do you call them and how do you pay?..i don't have a phone in the US.Can hotel arrange these cars?..
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 15, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ballerina
Very Serious Dibber

Ballerina's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
i dont understand about these cars..How do you call them and how do you pay?..i don't have a phone in the US.Can hotel arrange these cars?..
No, you have to use an App to call them and you pay through a CC, debit card or PayPal account that You register with Uber when you sign up. Once you have downloaded the app you can click on it and your whereabouts is transmited Uber drivers in the area, you are asked if you want to accept a driver, if you accept, you will see the car coming to you on a map on your phone and you pay after ride, you get a receipt on your phone and are asked to rate the driver.
Ballerina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 15, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
It's all based off of a smartphone app, so you would need a phone with a data connection for it to work. We linked our account up with our UK debit card as we couldn't link it with our US currency card.

Inside of the app you can select your location and where you want to go and it will provide you with a quote. It will inform you of the drivers in the area, and who is nearest. Once a driver has responded to your request, you will receive a notification that they are on their way and can track their journey to you. It will also tell you the vehicle reg, make, sometimes colour and driver's name and photo. If the driver is unsure of exactly where you are, they can phone you to confirm. Hope this helps. We used them instead of Mears this year and saved an absolute fortune on taxis!
Old 1 Sep 15, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by axxxl View Post
It's all based off of a smartphone app, so you would need a phone with a data connection for it to work. We linked our account up with our UK debit card as we couldn't link it with our US currency card.

Inside of the app you can select your location and where you want to go and it will provide you with a quote. It will inform you of the drivers in the area, and who is nearest. Once a driver has responded to your request, you will receive a notification that they are on their way and can track their journey to you. It will also tell you the vehicle reg, make, sometimes colour and driver's name and photo. If the driver is unsure of exactly where you are, they can phone you to confirm. Hope this helps. We used them instead of Mears this year and saved an absolute fortune on taxis!
thank you very much...
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 15, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ballerina View Post
No, you have to use an App to call them and you pay through a CC, debit card or PayPal account that You register with Uber when you sign up. Once you have downloaded the app you can click on it and your whereabouts is transmited Uber drivers in the area, you are asked if you want to accept a driver, if you accept, you will see the car coming to you on a map on your phone and you pay after ride, you get a receipt on your phone and are asked to rate the driver.
thank you..
Old 1 Sep 15, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Dazco I understand the system and have read the reassurances from other Dibbers but I've made the informed decision not to,use this service. Again this doesn't make me a dinosaur or men it's sour grapes it means I've made an informed choice. It also, strikes me that you are quite rude.
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 15, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

How do you tip?
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 15, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

Well we'll definitely be using them. I always stay onsite at Disney and have paid a fortune in taxis for days out to Universal and elsewhere and by the sounds of it will hopefully be able to save a fair bit using Uber instead
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 15, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

how much for instance would and uber be from OKW to say, Universal? i've downloaded their app but isn't giving me a quote for some reason ¬_¬ really interested in this service and will definitely be keeping them in mind for a walmart dash haha
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread