Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Apr 16, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Anyone else suddenly beginning to get nervous of flying
I have no fear of flying - it's the crashing that scares the **** out of me
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We always take notice, but love Geoff saying about the dropped teddy bear We do take notice of the nearest exit and wear flat shoes.

Our son is a engineer for BA, and last year we went to the BA Open day and had the opportunity of inflating a life jacket, it does feel very cold and tight around your neck.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 9 Apr 16, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
swan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Anyone else suddenly beginning to get nervous of flying
Lol. Don't mean to make anyone nervous. Just to encourage the non watchers to be more attentive during the safety brief. It's for the passengers benefit... the crew are well trained and know each aircraft inside out.
swan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by swan View Post
Lol. Don't mean to make anyone nervous. Just to encourage the non watchers to be more attentive during the safety brief. It's for the passengers benefit... the crew are well trained and know each aircraft inside out.
You do right too, it's something that should be taken seriously .
I know now to stick closely to the cabin crew
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh please as if I haven't enough to worry about. If anybody else says aren't you worried about being hijacked on the way to Cyprus I'll scream. It wasn't a terrorist attack although I do wonder if that was reason for the sudden very real price drop. The plane is still nearly empty and we have been allocated 2 seats together in a decent area for free! Will watch the Safety check and count seat rows. I always want to know if they have a Defib. on board
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

All joking aside I know some people do feel nervous when flying just like some do when they go on a ship or a train but these are all far safer ways to travel than by car.

The cabin crew are extremely well trained in safety and I always feel safe in their hands when I fly

Collective round of applause (or wave as that is about as close as I can get with the emojis) please for the CC - which ever airline they work for.

BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
swan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
Oh please as if I haven't enough to worry about. If anybody else says aren't you worried about being hijacked on the way to Cyprus I'll scream. It wasn't a terrorist attack although I do wonder if that was reason for the sudden very real price drop. The plane is still nearly empty and we have been allocated 2 seats together in a decent area for free! Will watch the Safety check and count seat rows. I always want to know if they have a Defib. on board
You can relax...
They have a defib and emergency drugs for a doctor to administer.
Have a fab time.
swan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
All joking aside I know some people do feel nervous when flying just like some do when they go on a ship or a train but these are all far safer ways to travel than by car.

The cabin crew are extremely well trained in safety and I always feel safe in their hands when I fly

Collective round of applause (or wave as that is about as close as I can get with the emojis) please for the CC - which ever airline they work for.

👏👏👏👏 your wish is my command 👍
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I always take notice and read the sheet you get as well. My dad drilled it in to me when I was young, he was in the RAF and worked with various airlines after that and he always listened and read as every plane is slightly different. Once I had my own daughter he then said if the masks come down put your own on first and then daughter as you can't help her if you need the oxygen.
Many people don't take it seriously but it could save your life, simple as!
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Melvin Pearce View Post
Our son is a engineer for BA, and last year we went to the BA Open day and had the opportunity of inflating a life jacket, it does feel very cold and tight around your neck
And did they tell you how many lives have been saved by life jackets?

From my research, more people have been killed as a result of them than saved by them. I'd rather have a nice bottle of wine stored under my seat

P.S. Flying is completely safe. Google (and others) are trying to make a car that drives itself - airplanes have been doing that for 20 years+
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread