Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Sep 16, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
If I cannot get this fixed in time I'll more than likely be forced to do exactly that, i.e. make a reservation first and then call them to do whatever it is they need to do to link things, and hopefully get the app working as well.
Sorry, thought you had a reservation you wanted to link to an AVIS preferred account created AFTER you made the reservation , not entirely sure what the problem is if you don't.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Sorry, thought you had a reservation you wanted to link to an AVIS preferred account created AFTER you made the reservation , not entirely sure what the problem is if you don't.
You're not alone, AVIS and BA struggled understanding the issue too Eventually I spoke to an AVIS chap who knew what it was at least.

Apparently an AVIS preferred membership must be linked with an AVIS online account (you can follow the links I posted in the original post to see more info). AVIS BA call it something slightly different from AVIS, but it leads to the same webpage. It comes from having the ability to have a preferred membership WITHOUT an online account, although why this persists with customers who create both at the same time is beyond me.

I'm assuming this failure to link them is causing my issues in the App itself, but that has yet to be confirmed. I'm hoping AVIS IT will sort that out too.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
We DID join Preferred before booking, and quoted the number when completing booking details through BA Executive Club.

However, the booking doesn't show up in the online account, so I assumed we must need to do something else, and tried going through the linking process, only to be faced with the 'blank screen' scenario.

I've emailed the avispreferred-reservations@avis.co.uk. address and will update if / when I get a response :-)
Just had a reply from them:
Hi Hilary

Your booking is already linked to your husbands Avis Preferred number.

Still don't know if we should be able to see the reservation in the online account?
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dizzzy View Post
I emailed them my avis preferred number and my car hire number from the voucher that ba issue and asked them it they could link them.

They did this no problem. The email address I sent it to was avispreferred-reservations@avis.co.uk. In fact I think I got this info from the dibb when I did it last year.
This worked for me, emailed them last night, got a reply this morning.

Thanks
Old 13 Sep 16, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

I have just created my preferred Avis account and in 'My Account' just put my BA booking reference number for the car hire. It now appears in my Avis account but not in my upcoming bookings.
Worryingly it says to pay £506 on pick up, I am assuming this is a mistake on their/BA's behalf.

Edited at 11:00 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Not a mistake but is covered by your pre-pay voucher from BA.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

I'm not sure why people are failing to understand the issue, but this is NOT about linking a BA rental contract with an AVIS online account (or an AVIS preferred membership).

This is solely about linking your online account with your preferred membership, i.e. NO car rental involved.

As an additional issue, the app does NOT work in that I cannot make reservations or update my settings. It's a pretty fundamental issue for a car rental app to be able to make car rental reservations
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
I'm not sure why people are failing to understand the issue, but this is NOT about linking a BA rental contract with an AVIS online account (or an AVIS preferred membership).

This is solely about linking your online account with your preferred membership, i.e. NO car rental involved.

As an additional issue, the app does NOT work in that I cannot make reservations or update my settings. It's a pretty fundamental issue for a car rental app to be able to make car rental reservations
The app is a bit pants isn't it. but at least it shows you have a reservation. :-)
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
jimboxlo
Helping Minnie

I actually booked my BA fly drive first and then signed up for Avis Preferred.

I have just called Avis's Reservation Team on 0808 284 5566, gave them my Car Confirmation number (which is on the BA car rental voucher) and my Preferred customer number and they have arranged for my car to be in the garage waiting for me so I can by-pass the desks in the terminal.

They did say that because they have done it this way that the car rental will not show up on my Avis account until I return it.

Glad I called them as this took 4 minutes.
jimboxlo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jimboxlo View Post
... I have just called Avis's Reservation Team on 0808 284 5566, ...

They did say that because they have done it this way that the car rental will not show up on my Avis account until I return it...
Ah, useful info, thanks!
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread