Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 21 Jul 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Wow , I put the heads up about this but didn’t think they would jump that much. Atd have the adults fir kids back on which at first glance seems the best value for universal £234 . Not looked at everyone though yet .
Thanks, I have booked now. Watch the prices reduce now - that's what generally happens to me.
Old 24 Jul 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

This afternoon I received an email from themeparktickets saying that my payment had not gone through and if I didn't pay by 26/7 they would consider the order cancelled.
This was after the man I spoke to on Saturday morning saying there was no trace. :-(
Old 25 Jul 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottermus
Proud to wear my Ears

On this subject (and apologies if this is common knowledge) but I just got a circular email from Attraction Tickets Direct saying their Universal prices are going up TOMORROW.

Definitely worth booking today if you were thinking about it!
Pottermus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pottermus View Post
On this subject (and apologies if this is common knowledge) but I just got a circular email from Attraction Tickets Direct saying their Universal prices are going up TOMORROW.

Definitely worth booking today if you were thinking about it!
I've just received that email as well, I booked my Universal tickets last week through Theme Park Tickets using the deposit scheme.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
This afternoon I received an email from themeparktickets saying that my payment had not gone through and if I didn't pay by 26/7 they would consider the order cancelled.
This was after the man I spoke to on Saturday morning saying there was no trace. :-(
So, if it's saying you did make a booking but the payment didn't go through, I would imagine that booking was placed at the old price and that is the amount they are waiting for you to pay. I'd get back in touch with them and quote them the reference (which proves you had a booking they couldn't trace the other day) on the email and ask how much they are expecting you to pay.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa

Edited at 07:39 PM.
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Whiskeymick
First POST

I bought tickets for Disney,universal and sea world in January but due to coronavirus our holiday booked for september 2020 was cancelled rendering the tickets useless. I asked themeparktickets.co.uk for a refund and was floored with their cancellation fees. Out of the £1526 we spent they would only offer me a £1144 refund. A cancellation fee of nearly £381.50. I knew there would be a cancellation fee which I was willing to pay one but this is just totaly unreasonable. One thing is for sure, I will not use this vendor again.
Whiskeymick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whiskeymick View Post
I bought tickets for Disney,universal and sea world in January but due to coronavirus our holiday booked for september 2020 was cancelled rendering the tickets useless. I asked themeparktickets.co.uk for a refund and was floored with their cancellation fees. Out of the £1526 we spent they would only offer me a £1144 refund. A cancellation fee of nearly £381.50. I knew there would be a cancellation fee which I was willing to pay one but this is just totaly unreasonable. One thing is for sure, I will not use this vendor again.
I understand that you're miffed about the amount of the cancellation charge, but it is clearly stated in their terms and conditions that a 25% fee applies and by making your purchase with them you have agreed to these terms.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I know that there are t&cs for cancellation and I’m sure other than for these ultra exceptional circumstances people would accept them. I think the point is that many companies have offered better terms in the current climate rather than quoting their t&cs. These are the ones that will get the business going forward
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
I know that there are t&cs for cancellation and I’m sure other than for these ultra exceptional circumstances people would accept them. I think the point is that many companies have offered better terms in the current climate rather than quoting their t&cs. These are the ones that will get the business going forward
Indeed, perhaps other companies have made a better goodwill gesture given the current exceptional circumstances and offered better refunds. Although there are plenty of other companies that have stuck with their original Ts&Cs (eg. ATD has generally stuck to only providing their standard 80% refund).

However, this doesn't change the fact that in Whiskeymick's case, themeparktickets.co.uk did nothing wrong and merely offered the refund that the customer agreed to as stated in the Ts&Cs when they bought the tickets.

So, yes, make sure you read the Ts&Cs and only choose a company whose Ts&Cs you are happy with. Because even though they may have provided better refunds this time as a goodwill gesture, there's no guarantee they'll do so again next time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List