Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Sep 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Advice and opinions needed, music streaming.

I currently listen to most of my music either by cd or on my iPod if in the car or at the gym ( yeah right! ).
I want to start listening via one of the streaming services such as deezer via my phone. Can anyone recommend a streaming service and explain how it works, if for example I want to listen to music in my car.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

I use spotify on desktop and mobile/tablet.

I have worked up a number of playlists, you can name them whatever, and downloaded them on mobile so I could access them without having to be online. Not sure of the download limits (i.e. how many devices you can download on) but I've downloaded a lot of songs now and haven't run into any issues.

No problems with Spotify on my end, they've had almost all but the most fringe artists on there and the app is pretty easy to use on desktop to create playlists, probably not as friendly on mobile, but I've managed to get away with it on tablet.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Personally have both Amazon Music and Spotify but find Spotify overall more comprehensive, worth the money and very flexible. Have the app on our phones and then bluetooth to car audio for constant connection - works great. We also have an Amazon Alexa in the car which is a great improvement over standard car audio. Spotify gets our vote.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Another vote for Spotify. I too just have the app on my phone then Bluetooth to the car or my Echo Dot to play my playlists. I love how it suggests playlists for you too depending on what music you like. It’s well worth it.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If you got a pc and know how to set it up then plex is one of the best been using this for years just for personal use I have it on my pc as my sever play music my own films though smart TV and mobile all so when I am away I can play music films though the iPad I do not like the streaming sites just me this way all I got is what I like 😀
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have Amazon Music and Spotify but much prefer Amazon music (for some reason it seams to. Have implied over the last for months and is getting good at predicting my mood and playing musing accordingly)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve Amazon, Spotify and Deezer (the latter I got signed up via Turkish VPN for £1.50 a month and never get around to cancel. Spotify I prefer by far.
Old 30 Sep 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I have used Spotify, Apple Music and amazon music Over time, I used the amazon music that’s included with prime (it rests somewhere between the free one and the full sub) it’s pretty good if you have prime already it’s worth a punt, pretty decent selection, though some artists are missing or only have a couple songs included, the app is pretty good too.
Apple Music is basically like an unlimited music sub, it downloads it to your device, then if you end the sub you can’t play it - I have done the free trail several times, but never paid, I didn’t use the radio features for it so not sure how well those work.
Spotify premium is the best for me - the radio based on you playlists is pretty good, don’t often have to skip songs once it’s started, the app works well, and Has a massive selection. Free Spotify has got to be one of the most annoying things in existence! I can get over the same ads over again, but when I was playing an album through my phone it would play like 2 songs from the album then not anymore, you could only skip so many songs. Not a great indicator of Spotify premium! (Though there’s loads of free trials around for Spotify!)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida2010 View Post
Personally have both Amazon Music and Spotify but find Spotify overall more comprehensive, worth the money and very flexible. Have the app on our phones and then bluetooth to car audio for constant connection - works great. We also have an Amazon Alexa in the car which is a great improvement over standard car audio. Spotify gets our vote.
Can you tell me about Alexa for your car. I presume you have the new in car Alexa. How well does it work and how does it set up. Thanks fir any advice.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. I think I’ll give Spotify a try, it seems to be popular.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List