Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Aug 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I did mine myself, but was 100% sure about those specific loans. However, there may have been credit cards, catalogues, store credit etc where I did the same, but simply can't recall, so might give this company a go. Their fees seem a lot better than some I've come across and I'd rather have 90% of something I can't remember, than 100% of nothing

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I shall have a look as I can't remember accounts etc but I'm sure I had loads
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I would have said that I never had ppi, 100% I would never pay it... then I read a thread on here about claiming... so being as not only didn’t have account numbers I also didn’t know who I’d had cards or loans with... I contacted a firm to do all the dirty work for me... I ticked every possible box who I might have had an account with and waited...
To my absolute surprise it turns out I did have ppi with 2 firms, And I’m due almost £2k after charges (10% + vat)... i’m really pleased it’s not a huge amount but totally unexpected... the payments date back to 18 years ago... I would have never found this on my own...
So many thanks dibbers, only reading about other people’s claims on here made me think about trying to claim...
DH has said a few times that we should give it a go. I am like you, 100% certain I would never have taken it out (can't speak for him before we met). However as you have just demonstrated you never know!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Pretty sure I've not got any PPI outstanding, but decided to give reclaimppi a try. Nowt to lose

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I used reclaimppi they charge 10% of the amount you get before tax plus vat... they have been very straightforward to deal with and no phone calls, all done by email and post...
Did you have to provide any further info? I have done it for me and Husband but we have had a couple of comapnies get in touch with us asking for info. It is so long ago that I can't even tell them where we lived at the times etc (military family). I have no a/c numbers or even amounts.

I was hoping not to have this sort of letter as I can't reply

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I only had the companies who had found I had ppi with them ask for further info, the forms were both competed online and I said not known in several places... I can’t say they were hard to answer, I entered what I knew (ie my employers at the time would have provided sick pay) and said don’t know to the rest... so no problem... I didn’t know who I had accounts with, no account numbers, if I had any arrears/late payments etc... none of this seemed to be a problem...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lmorgan
Excited about Disney

I was almost certain that I hadn't had PPI so put in a claim with a company to check it out. I just gave them very limited information that I could think of and turns out I was right, but it cost me nothing to find out, not even the price of a stamp.
lmorgan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve given it a shot too, thank you! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

worth a try so Ive filled the form in. Ive had money back already through resolver ( martin lewis) although I was convinced I had never had PPI. Have filled in form for my husband too.
Old 9 Aug 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We must give this a go too, we don't remember having any loans over the years, but some people seem to be getting cheques through! Worth a punt!

Its lovely to get something for nothing, well done to OP and others.