Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jun 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pretty_lucky View Post
Bet you’re feeling better now, eh? After consoling all of us! 😂
Do you know I actually do 😄 just been for a walk in the rain to blow the depressing cobwebs away.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

To everyone that feels the same, big hugs and let's support each other through the bad days 😘xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Since posting earlier this thread has motivated be to do a pile of ironing at least 🤣

I might also have a bath with a deep conditioner later to try and sort my frizzy mess of hair out with a glass of wine and some music. So thanks for ideas.

For me, I'm just struggling with the lack of 'me time'. Since having kids they'd stay out every Saturday night and I'd watch what I like on TV and chill just me and DH or some weeks he'd go out and I'd be alone - now I hide in the bathroom just to get 5 minutes to myself.

Also feel selfish because I can't be bothered to ring my lovely mum who's all alone 😢 so nag the kids to do it instead. Seeing her upset and down gets me down more.

Sorry OP but it helps knowing I'm not alone too 👍
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Since posting earlier this thread has motivated be to do a pile of ironing at least 🤣

I might also have a bath with a deep conditioner later to try and sort my frizzy mess of hair out with a glass of wine and some music. So thanks for ideas.

For me, I'm just struggling with the lack of 'me time'. Since having kids they'd stay out every Saturday night and I'd watch what I like on TV and chill just me and DH or some weeks he'd go out and I'd be alone - now I hide in the bathroom just to get 5 minutes to myself.

Also feel selfish because I can't be bothered to ring my lovely mum who's all alone 😢 so nag the kids to do it instead. Seeing her upset and down gets me down more.

Sorry OP but it helps knowing I'm not alone too 👍
Hey you're only human, don't feel guilty about not doing things.
Tomorrow you'll probably feel different again, hopefully, and me too 🤞😘
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

So glad you posted this thread maidmarian, with everyone’s comments, even people reading including the men, I don’t feel I am on my own, better days ahead, and soon we will be back to talking holidays, just to add it is lovely where I am today in north wales, so have been in the garden and feel a lot better

Del x
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Also feel selfish because I can't be bothered to ring my lovely mum who's all alone 😢 so nag the kids to do it instead. Seeing her upset and down gets me down
I can empathise somewhat with this. I've run out of things to talk about with my Mum. To be honest we are both quite different and struggle normally to find some common ground
Lockdown has emphasised this more in one way, although I try to be supportive. I feel bad I can't take her out right now. I've got a UK weekend break booked for end of July. Just paid the balance and now she doesnt think we should go and said take I should take someone else.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nannad View Post
So glad you posted this thread maidmarian, with everyone’s comments, even people reading including the men, I don’t feel I am on my own, better days ahead, and soon we will be back to talking holidays, just to add it is lovely where I am today in north wales, so have been in the garden and feel a lot better

Del x
Oh that's great hunny that it's made you feel better.
It's made me feel better by talking about it too. x
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I can empathise somewhat with this. I've run out of things to talk about with my Mum. To be honest we are both quite different and struggle normally to find some common ground
Lockdown has emphasised this more in one way, although I try to be supportive. I feel bad I can't take her out right now. I've got a UK weekend break booked for end of July. Just paid the balance and now she doesnt think we should go and said take I should take someone else.
Don't beat yourself up, things will work out.
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

I am really fed up today. I can cope when it is the lovely days and I can get out in the garden but in this weather the day just drags.

I decided to go to Asda the other day I haven't been for 11 weeks as Dh has been doing the shopping, no medical reason but we just decided just one of us should go. I was looking forward to going, to browse, pick up a few things and just get out of the house. I went in the evening as I though it would be quiet, it was, but I hated it Felt like a nervous wreck trying to follow the arrows while others just went any way they wanted, couples when I though it was one person I came home with things I didn't want and without things I did need.

Sorry for the rant
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I struggle with conversation as we are not doing anything to talk about!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List