Old 3 Jul 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The 260 Mile West Coast Wander - August 2019 - Day 22 - Next stop California Adventure!

INDEX

Sunday 25th August

Well I thought it might have happened and it did, I ended up getting into bed with Poppy at 2.30am as I woke and heard that bloomin irritating noise and I couldn’t stop focussing on it! Turned out the sofa bed was quite comfortable and I had a few more hours’ kip before getting up at 8am. It felt nice to have a lie in and we left the kids sleeping whilst Scott and I got ready for the day.

We arrived for breakfast just after 9am and it was so much busier than the previous morning. Still there was plenty of tables available and lots of food choices too so we soon set about filling up on the breakfast goodies.

Breakfast area

All set for the day we walked over to Disneyland California Adventure which is opposite Disneyland Park.

We soon arrived we quite enjoyed the 15 minute walk there and tended to walk through the Garden Walk onto Disney Way.

Security seemed quiet when we arrived yet it was quite busy at the gates, well compared to security that is.

We walked through and we didn’t have a clue where to walk to or what to do? I loved how we didn’t have any plans for any of our Disney days apart from the one meal reservation. We wanted to just go with the flow and it was so nice to do so. One thing that we did say we would do though was to make better use of the fastpass system.

Having located Soarin we headed there to get our first fastpass, it was just inside the park so it made sense then we went to a info point where we enquired for a return time using the disability card. It was 10am and we found out the wait time was over 60 minutes for Radiator Springs Racers. We were grateful that we’d be able to wait in an alternative place for this ride.

First fastpasses sorted it was now time for us to go on our first ride! Well it turned out o be a show Mickey’s PhilharMagic.

The area around here reminded me a little of Streets of America.

Well we ended up getting a little confused as to where the actual entrance to this was? The cm guided us the right way as there was a temporary entrance and that was the reason why were struggling to find it.

It was so quiet when we entered the pre show room we were the only family waiting. The cast member then said that we were more than welcome to come into this room at any point if we needed a cold place to cool down. We thought this was so nice of her to tell us this. It was a hot day but still felt a lot more bearable than the Florida August heat which can wipe you out after a few hours. Anyway the show was as amusing as always, we do love this one.

On our way out we stopped off at a little cart so that Poppy could buy a new set of ears. There were so many cute pairs to choose from but Poppy had spotted a lady wearing the Up ears and when she saw them on the stall she couldn’t resist them.

I must admit to them being my favourite too as Up is one of my favourite Pixar films.

It was time for Soarin so we took the short walk over to the Grizzly Peak area but we made a quick stop at the Guardians of the Galaxy to pick up some fastpasses.

We’d worked out that you get another paper fastpass when the current fastpass time came open? It’s probably something that’s widely known but because we’d not done a great deal of research we were unaware! Hopefully we’d be able to get more done.

Now it had been announced a few weeks earlier that Soarin over California would be showing for a limited time. It had then been extended to cover our dates and I was so happy to hear this and to be seeing this version again.

Well I love Soarin so much and to watch this and to be able to spot so many of the stunning places that we’d visited on our trip, well it was amazing I was almost crying!

Scott walked around the corner to Grizzly River Run to pick up some fastpasses whilst we waited in the shade with a drink! Wow it felt so warm today and a cool down on the water ride would be welcomed.

Walked back over to GOTG where we spotted these guy's along the way and stopped to listen to them for a while

Scott took the boys on whilst Poppy and I waited for them. Luckily for us the Guardian of the Galaxy Awesome Dance off was just starting so we watched this. It wasn’t long before we were all dancing away to all the classic tunes - well I was whilst Poppy was cringing with embarrassment lol.

When the lads came off they were buzzing as they thought the ride was brilliant. They remarked that the vehicle went up and down quite a few times!

It was now time for Radiator Springs wow we were blown away with this place it reminded us so much of some of the places we’d visited. It felt so realistic!

The ride itself was brilliant and I know how daft this is going to sound but I really didn’t know that the cars raced each other! It was just brilliant and I could see this one being a favourite for us all.

Crossed back over the park to the water ride at Grizzly Peaks and we picked up a return time for Toy Story Mania with Hayden’s disability card along the way.

It was no lunchtime and we noticed the park was starting to get really busy. I was glad we’d picked up a fastpass as the standby line was really long and we wouldn’t have been able to a fastpass now until late afternoon. It really does pay to get into the parks in the morning.

The ride was so much fun we all ended up getting completely soaked!

Went over to the Incredicoaster to get a fastpass, it was only a hour until we could use it which I didn’t think was too bad for a popular ride.

We took a few snaps this whole area looks so bright and colourful and so much fun too!

Sat in the shade for a while and had some snacks. Jamie wanted to try a turkey leg, I always think they look so gross but he said he wanted to try one! I’d also brought in some apples, bananas and some bags of crisps. It was nice to sit and chill for while.

Once our break was over it was time for us to ride Midway Mania. I ended up in a car by myself as Poppy wanted to ride with her dad. I got a half decent score, well for me that was half decent!

I then took the boys over to the Incredicoaster as we only had 10 minutes left to ride it. As we approached we noticed that everyone was walking out of the line? The ride had gone down. The cast member said we could use the fastpass on any ride in the park apart from Midway Mania and Radiator springs Racers. We decided to just leave it as we’d not picked up a fastpass for Poppy or Scott.

We then decided to explore this area more so we had a walk around Pixar Pier. So loved here it really did feel like you were at the seaside on a pier with all the classic fairground rides.

As we walked by the Pixar-Pal-Around we noticed that there wasn’t much of a line so we went on. Hayden and Jamie wanted to go on the swinging cars but that was way too adventurous for Poppy and I so we stuck with the non-swinging car. They were scary enough for me!

When the wheel went on a rotation we couldn’t help but laugh at all the screaming that was going on. Oh my word I would’ve been crying if I’d have gone in those swinging ones!

The views were brilliant from up there, it was really high up and you could see so much.

We tried to see where Jamie and Hayden were but we didn’t spot then until we came off. They looked to be enjoying the experience.

All back on solid ground Poppy remarked that she’d like to try a snack that she’d seen on a vlog. We walked over to Adorable Snowman Frosted treats where Poppy got a very colourful and cooling drink.

Whilst Poppy and Scott were waiting in the queue for said snack the boys and I went to watch the Tale of Lion King Show which was just starting on the small outdoor stage. All the seating appeared to be taken so we stood near the back when a cast member came over and asked if we wanted a mat to sit down on. Of course we said yes and they directed us right to the front so we had the best view of the show!

I love everything about Lion King so it made my day to watch and sing-a-long to this version of it. The performers were fantastic, so energetic even though it was so hot there.

Once it was over we met back up with Poppy and Scott who had watched the show from the bridge.

In the distance we could see that the Incredicoaster was now running so we hot footed it over there. It had just opened so we literally walked straight on.

Wow it was an intense ride, well intense by Disney standards anyway, with a really great start that shot us off into the tunnel at speed! It had everything in it, twists, turns and even a loop! It was good fun and I felt fine until we came to a stop. Whilst it was smooth it was sudden which flipped my stomach and I came off feeling a little woozy! A cold drink was needed and I also sucked on a boiled sweet that I’d found in the bag! It all helped thankfully.

Hayden and Jamie had really enjoyed the rollercoaster and said it had been their favourite along with RSR.

Poppy and Scott had enjoyed a more sedate ride the Jumpin Jellyfish which they said was ok.

Strangely enough we had a little walk around Cars Land before going back on RSR. We didn’t win this time but we enjoyed the race around the track.

Still couldn’t believe how realistic this place looked but we didn’t have time to wander around too long though as it was time for our ADR at the Lamplight Lounge.

We waited quite a while before we were seated but we passed the time by guessing the quotes from the Pixar films that were printed on this fab lampshade.

When we were eventually seated it was outside so we couldn’t see any of the beautiful artwork. Our server said we were welcome to walk around but it seems a bit rude to be doing that when people are eating so of course we didn’t. Still we had a lovely view of the Pixar Pier.

We all chose a cocktail form the very extensive menu, well apart from Scott who settled for a pint! These turned out to be really good and fun too!

The food was ok but nothing special apart from the Lobster Nacho’s which Scott and Poppy said were amazing.

It was lovely to sit down and chill for an hour here but we didn’t think the meal was anything special.
Th desserts weren't anything to write home about here so we walked over to Clarabelle's to get a delicious ice cream.

Afterwards we went on the Little Mermaid Ride as there wasn’t a line for it and we still had some time before the World of Color show started. It was as sweet as ever.

Once we’d finished we hung around the area as as we could see people congregating around waiting for the viewing areas to open. Originally I had wanted to book the World of Color dining package but when I saw the ridiculous prices I decided against it. We’d picked up the free fastpass earlier in the day, that would do for us.

We went in through the yellow entrance and once inside you’re free to stand wherever. We were stood in the wet zone but when we asked a cast member she said that it was more of a mist than a total soaking but it could be constant, we were ok with that though.

The area never got packed out which was really good then before long the show started. Again we had no idea what to expect from this show.

The show was brilliant we especially loved the Wall-e part and the Pirates of the Caribbean which was quite dramatic.

Yes we did get a little wet but it wasn’t too much. I was bothered about not being able to see properly because of my glasses getting wet but they were fine and I was able to see everything.
It was a fab show to watch so glad to have seen it.

The show finished at 9.30 and the park closed too. Somehow we managed to walk the longest route out of the park! Never mind it got our step count up!

As we left the park we could see the fireworks form Disneyland. We walked out of the entrance and we saw people sat down on the floor in between the two entrances to the park watching the firework display. How sweet.

We noticed Disneyland didn’t close until midnight and there looked to be a lot of people going in.

Walked back and we picked up a hot chocolate again from the foyer and took it up to our room. We showered and got ready for bed after what had been an absolutely fantastic day. California Adventure had really surprised us all with its brilliant theming and amazing rides, we’d loved it!

It was 11.30pm when we finally turned the lights out.

Steps – 27,691

Thanks for reading

Edited at 09:31 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Another fantastic day. We thought exactly the same about the theming and rides. Poppy's UP ears are lovely. Loved those lobster nachos!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Brilliant day! Cars land looks fantastic. The Up ears are adorable 😍
Old 4 Jul 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

The theming in California Adventure is amazing isn't it?
Radiator Springs is one of our favourite rides in Disney too.
You managed to fit in such a lot again. Another great read and looking forward to your next instalment!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Poppy’s snack drink thing looked fab!
Old 5 Jul 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Another fantastic day. We thought exactly the same about the theming and rides. Poppy's UP ears are lovely. Loved those lobster nachos!

M x
Brilliant theming isn't it.

The lobster nacho's were the best!

Thank you x
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
Brilliant day! Cars land looks fantastic. The Up ears are adorable 😍
Thanks, Cars Land looked so real it was fab.

I think those ears are my favourite ones!
Old 5 Jul 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
The theming in California Adventure is amazing isn't it?
Radiator Springs is one of our favourite rides in Disney too.
You managed to fit in such a lot again. Another great read and looking forward to your next instalment!
The theming is amazing there at all looks so real.
It is a brillinat ride such fun isn't it.
We thought it was easy to get around the park which was great for getting a lot done.
Thanks for reading.
Old 5 Jul 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
Poppy’s snack drink thing looked fab!
Poppy said it was really refreshing!
Old 5 Jul 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Wow so much to say here...about your first time in my favourite park in the world (and I can say that now )!
Firstly, love your tshirt and Poppy's ears are adorable!
Radiator Springs Racers is in my top 3 rides in the world (with Tron & POTC in Shanghai), it is just so so good! Did you realise that there are two pre-race scenes? One with a spray paint with Ramone and the other with a tyre change with Luigi & Guido? So cool!
Guardians is so good too, shame you and Poppy aren't able to ride!
Grizzly River Run is also so good! Much better than Kali in AK, I think!
Poppy's snack game was strong today with Cookie Nom Nom and a Abominable Snowman Parfait! Good girl!
Shame your meal wasn't all that special, as I've heard such good things about that place. Increasingly, except for WDW with the DDP, we stick with QS restaurants. We've just had so many let downs though we haven't tried this place.
You're right, the WOC dining packages are just so pricey - you did the same as we do by grabbing a Fastpass. The show is just so special - the Up and POTC scenes are my favourite too, but the opening and closing sequences with the music and colourful shoots are so beautiful!
And excellent day - can't wait to read what you get up to tomorrow!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List